This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
I finally found one of these in a price range that suited me.

This is how it looked when I took it out of the box.

The cord was super kinked and it had a lot of grime all over it, plus spots that looked like some ballpoint pen ink.

I got most of that off with rubbing alcohol, and I de-tangled the cord, but it's still pretty yellowed from age.

Wondering if I can disassemble it and give it a hydrogen peroxide bath to whiten it? I'm a bit hesitant to try, because I plugged it up and it's actually still functional.

The fun pics. (The upper left image is a closeup of Dana's nightstand when she throws Venkman onto the bed.)

I particularly like how this one turned out.

Alex
This one was under $30 shipped. I'd have preferred to find one for around half that, but the conditions were worse. Rust on the bottom plate, etc.

These can be found in a variety of colors. My suspicion is that some of the 'ivory' listings are just white ones that have yellowed, like this one.

They can also be found with rotary dials instead of buttons. I nearly bought a rotary by mistake a couple of times when I saw a nice white color and a good price.

Alex
Glad everyone likes this.

However, I have been remiss in not crediting the person who correctly ID'ed it so I could search for one in the first place.

Kingpin was the one who kindly provided us the name 'Western Electric Sculptura' in this thread four years ago...

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 90&t=25187

Great eye, Kingpin!

Alex
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

AJ Quick wrote:Awesome. How much do they go for?
Alex Newborn wrote:This one was under $30 shipped.
I was watching another auction for this item today, just as a curious observer. Not sure if the bidders were GBfans or merely phone enthusiasts, but the final price plus shipping was once again right under $30.

Here's a link to the finished listing. Looked like it was about the same amount of fading as mine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-White-W ... 1801092001

Alex

PS-- Cross your fingers for me. I think I've successfully ID'ed another 'Dana's apartment'-specific set dressing item, and am awaiting the arrival of one.

AN
"Keen and complicated," just the way I like my '80s mysteries. :mrgreen:

If (uh yeah) the original Ghostbusters was filmed today Dana probably would have had a James Patterson novel. If not, maybe a similar type of author.
Alex Newborn liked this
    Favorite William Atherton Movie.

"Die Hard" for me! Atherton's po[…]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]

I like the camo tint. This is the one tint I would[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]