Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By SlimeGuy
Question: Are all the Infestation stories linked together, or are they completely seperate "what if zombies were in this reality?" independant of each other? In other words, if I don't read the others will I be lost when I read the Ghostbusters' story?
By Kingpin
SlimeGuy wrote:Question: Are all the Infestation stories linked together, or are they completely seperate "what if zombies were in this reality?" independant of each other?
Excluding the Zombies Vs Robots universe, none of the four other universes interact with each other (no Ghostbusters interacting with COBRA, or Transformers bumping into Captain Kirk). The four universes the virus spread into are self contained stories.

You needn't pick up Transformers: Infestation, Star Trek: Infestation or G.I.Joe: Infestation to know the story, just Ghostbusters: Infestation and the book-ending issues of Infestation.

I'm looking forward to it, Mr. Burnham, although I hope it's more like the Star Trek tie-in, rather than the Transformers one, which I found a bit disappointing in terms of story (two issues was not enough to tell the story of the Autobots and Decepticons fighting the zombie virus and the other troubles that cropped up...) I also felt that
This Post Contains Spoilers
I would argue that you might not even need the actual book ends, if you just want the GB books. It does set up the Covert Vampiric Operations side of things, but I suspect if you just want to read the core story revolving around the Ghostbusters you wouldn't need to get anything other than the GB book.

Looking forward to this book... dug the A-Team and love Hotz!
Do any of you have an idea if the whole infestation story, through all universes, will be a trade paperback once the story concludes?
Let me just say I LOVED GB:Infestation #1. This is by far some of the best writing I've seen out of IDW's comic books yet.

The artwork I thought was superb, the zombies were gruesome and the character likenesses of the Ghostbusters were as close as legally possible.

Janine's scene was well done too.

All in all I loved this book and anxiously await #2.

And I love the explanation of how
This Post Contains Spoilers
cowbybill wrote:If anyone can get ahold of an extra patch. I'll gladly pay double for it. they shorted the comic book store I go to so they won't be getting it.
thanks!
The Ghostbusters (and gi Joe) patch aren't supposed to really be shipping until the last issue of infestation, as far as I know.
cowbybill wrote:Really?
As far as I know. Autobots and Trek patch were with Infestation #1 (and the Autobot patch was in shorter supply), and Infestation #2 will have Ghostbusters and Joes. Hopefully, if one is harder to obtain than the other, it will be the Joe one. Both comic shops in my general area have a bag of the Star Trek ones still, so I hope that the same will be true when the Ghosbusters patch shows up.

Also, anyone know what's up with the Variant Sketch covers that have actual sketches on them? Are those shipping with #1, or are they shipping later.....or what? I haven't seen any on eBay, and I really would like to get my hands on one/some.
I picked up cover A, Cover B and Cover RIA

They didn't have cover RIB.

Were there any other covers besides those 4 for #1?

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]