Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Coover5
I searched for a while to get an ecto-1 so with no luck I looked some up on ebay. My mom surprised me and bought a 4 pack on ebay. She gave me 2 and my brother 2. Then in August I went to visit my Grandma is Wytheville Virginia (never heard of it, don't worry no one else has) At a Wal-mart we found 2 ecto-1s so we bought them. Then we went to a k-mart the next day and would you believe it they had 2 ecto-1s. Right now I'm the proud owner of 4 ecto-1s.
By Gareee
I've scored 16 of them in stores, and gave out 7 at dragoncon. 4 more are also going to fellow ghostheads in need over the next few days.

I haven't seen one in a store though since Sept. I think. Odds are they are no longer shipping at all in case assortments, or if they are they are very infrequent.
By The Stiff
I appreciate the offer, but please don't. If I can't find it myself, I'm not too interested in paying 3 times the amount to have it shipped to me.

Plus, I'm kinda picky, and would want the International carded version (with English and French) as that's what we get in Canada.
By Fifthrider
I got this e-mail from my contact at Mattel. Since the e-mail footer asks not to reprint anything he says I have to honor that but on the other hand I also wanted to impart his thoughts here:
  • The Ecto-1 is no longer in production and as such, I suspect it will be difficult to hunt down. I work on the high-end collector stuff for Hot Wheels, and the version you're looking for is the basic car version. I will ask that team if they have a stash, but my guess is no.

(name removed)
    Hot Wheels Marketing
So basically if you haven't gotten one, you never will. Ebay scalpers are pretty much it.
By Adonis
Or really nice guys who collect Hot Wheels. I work in a toy store and my Hot Wheel guy says its value is only to HW collectors for completion (currently valued at $1.50 or so) or to GB fans.

Luckily I work in a toy store and grabbed one as soon as I saw it. Funny thing is, I didn't even know what it was at first. I saw it behind another car and thought "Holy crap, a 1950s ambulance/hearse! I can modify that to be the Ecto-1... hey! It is!"
By Iggy
Sigh...just when I had wanted to ignore the Hot Wheel section...
By Gareee
Pretty much just as I predicted. They milked the fan market for a year, and then released what people REALLY wanted. We finally saw silver deloreans locally for the first time this past month, but no BTTF versions yet.

I'm sure later this year we'll see a Gb Ecto 2 released as well.
By Iggy
18/50???

It is for sure 18, but I can't figure the second number.
The "Faster than Ever" silver delorean also has a black stripe down the center of both sides that the original release did not. I've got one of those, but haven't found the BTTF one yet.
By Gareee
brettkybuster wrote: In April they are releasing the Batman Arkham Asylum batmobile.
Sweet! Another batmobile for my batmobile collection!

I found The Stiff's regular fold rim silver release at both Tru and Walmart here in the past 2 weeks.
I found that one, but I mean the regular release bttf delorean with the back to the future logo in the upper left hand corner. Mine is the 2011 hw premiere edition with no logo in the upper left hand corner.
PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]