Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By exo95er
Roof rack needs help. It looks like a blob of black plastic (garbage bags?) sitting on the roof. I'm sure eager fans will paint it in detail.
By Boomerjinks
Zander Yurami wrote:Wow.. :sigh: .oh well...it will only cost about a buck.
Probably closer to five or six dollars, knowing these "special edition movie car" things. How can you work at Toys R Us and not know how much Hot Wheels cost?

We'd probably be getting a better model with Matchbox was making it instead of Hot Wheels.
By Krenzy
Well, it shows it's a 2010 new release, and typically the new releases are standard packaged normal released vehicles (also, my guess why the roof rack is not painted), and typically they go for 94 cents...or somewhere in that neighborhood.
By Nerdy NotionZ
Boomerjinks wrote:
Zander Yurami wrote:Wow.. :sigh: .oh well...it will only cost about a buck.
Probably closer to five or six dollars, knowing these "special edition movie car" things. How can you work at Toys R Us and not know how much Hot Wheels cost?

We'd probably be getting a better model with Matchbox was making it instead of Hot Wheels.

I got my Batmobles from Wal-Mart at $1 each.
(1966, TAS, and movie)

BTW: who works at Toys 'R' Us?
By Kingpin
Well, it could be better... but then, it could be a heck of a lot worse. Compared to the old Johnny Lightning Ecto-1As, we're getting cut out rear-quarter windows, painted chrome trim on the rocket-cone lights, transparent lightbars and even painted doorhandles and locks.

I'm inclined to believe that there may be some modifications for the better when the final ones roll off the production line, as the prototype is missing the logo from the rear door.

Despite it maybe being disappointing, I know I would've killed for one of those when I was younger.

The same goes with the scale Delorean.
By Ectofiend666
Kingpin wrote:Despite it maybe being disappointing, I know I would've killed for one of those when I was younger.
I was thinking this just a minute ago...I always wondered why we never got the GB1 things we're getting now [action figures, hot wheels cars, lego-esque mini-mates, ect.] way back when...I mean I understand the whole "rights issue" thing, but considering the marketing blitz of '84-'85 for GB1, it's a wonder that we didn't see these items sooner than we have...I mean even Gremlins had figures [well except for the human actors]...

However having said that, we most likely wouldn't have seen the level of detail we're seeing in the current items back then...

I'm just happy we're getting them now as oppossed to never...
By FaNBoY
You guys are crazy...it's a standard Hot Wheels car, it's not supposed to be psycho accurate, it's supposed to be a fun little toy meant to appeal to everyone. I love this. Be happy were actually getting attention from these major brands again and stop looking gifthorses in the mouth. So the roofrack isn't 100% dead on balls accurate...big freaking deal!! What do you except from a Hot Wheels car? A working engine? Jeez.
FaNBoY wrote:You guys are crazy...it's a standard Hot Wheels car, it's not supposed to be psycho accurate, it's supposed to be a fun little toy meant to appeal to everyone. I love this. Be happy were actually getting attention from these major brands again and stop looking gifthorses in the mouth. So the roofrack isn't 100% dead on balls accurate...big freaking deal!! What do you except from a Hot Wheels car? A working engine? Jeez.
I agree 100%.. Its hard as hell do to do a true acurate roofrack in 1:64 scale but some of you are not looking at the big picture. Hot Wheels does do larger scale cars....So we might get a bigger one down the road.

Also no matter how shitty it might look your still going to buy it, I know I'am.
By Gareee
I have a JL ecto sitting right next to me.. so I compared the new mattel one with it.

It cost me $2.97 I think, when it was released.. new hotwheels are 79 cents to a buck, so right there, there its 1/3rd of the cost, without inflated dollar adjustments.

I think the jl sculpt overall looks more detailed, but the overall proportions looks more correct on the hotwheels version.

the JL version has clear untinted windows, and the hotwheels version has blue tinted windows, BUT also used the same part to give us clear blue police rollers, while the JL version has solid metal cast police light detail on top.

The wheels are more accurate on the JL version, but the hotwheels cars always have hotwheels wheels as a trademark sorta thing.

The no ghost logo looks better on the hotwheels car, but the jl one looks like its closer to the proper size.

There are 3 additional paint ops on top of the jl rack, but its missing the gas tank hoses, and is also missing the passenger side ladder as well.

The hotwheels car has those, but they look a tad too larger, and the ladder didn't have the holes punched into it, so the ladder looks a little ham fisted to me.

Over all, after comparing them, I'd say the hotwheels car is a pretty good version, and for the price, is a great deal.

If I had photoshop installed, I'd post comparison pics, but unfortunately, thats still on my to do list.
By Kingpin
exo95er wrote:Roof rack needs help. It looks like a blob of black plastic (garbage bags?) sitting on the roof. I'm sure eager fans will paint it in detail.
In regards to the criticism of the roof rack, what exactly were people expecting? This toy will have a cheap store price to begin with, and they've got to produce thousands quickly.

And yet, most, if not all the major elements of the roof rack are there. Some of them have 'mutated' because they would've been too fragile if they'd been made to look exactly like they appear in reality... but you've got the rotating dish and radar dome at the back, the A/C unit and TV antenna, the siren and red beacon, the two yellow tanks and the long green one... and you've even got the strobe between the siren and beacon.

You know what, having slept on the matter I can say I like this even more than I did when I first saw it last night... It's cheap and cheerful, and maybe some of us are just a tad spoiled by the other awesome toys we've gotten of recent.

I'm gonna try get one of these, it'd go great with the scale Ghostbusters that came with Johnny Lightning's Stay Puft diorama.
By Kingpin
Click on the "2010 Models" gallery image, once it appears with that weird black hotrod, scroll down and you'll then see the gallery images.

I experience the same issue, it's all down to exceedingly poor web design.
By Spooky
FaNBoY wrote:You guys are crazy...it's a standard Hot Wheels car, it's not supposed to be psycho accurate, it's supposed to be a fun little toy meant to appeal to everyone. I love this. Be happy were actually getting attention from these major brands again and stop looking gifthorses in the mouth. So the roofrack isn't 100% dead on balls accurate...big freaking deal!! What do you except from a Hot Wheels car? A working engine? Jeez.
Oh believe me if it really is a dollar like most I'll buy it. The roof rack doesn't bother me its a tiny ass toy car what got me was the big hunk of square plastic representing a ladder and the really lazily made light bars; just looks sloppy. But maybe you are right maybe I am being whiny about it.
By joeghostbuster
here's a pic with all the views of the Ecto, so people dont have to go hunting...

and a comparision of the HW Ecto-1 with the JL Ecto-1A

the JL Ecto-1a is more detailed, so its slightly more superior... but its pretty cool to be getting an Ecto-1, especially if its only going to be $1.00 - $3.00

does anyone know the exact retail date of this (and the delorean) ?
By GhstbstrLMLIII
I know the Delorean is already out (bought 2 at walmart myself).

As for the Ecto - looks good to me especially for a buck. (last night they were regularly priced at 97 cents at walmart). as to the exact retail date - I'll do some looking online. The website in the first post said mid-January - but that could be a big range. the one thing I do hope they fix is the missing emblem on the rear door. Other than that - I'm good with it.
By Gareee
New hotwheels do usually show up when they say they are releasing them.. BUT the problem is, you have to beat all the hotwheels scalpers to them!

I think it took me 4-5 months to find the 60's batmobile after its release date. There was supposedly going to be a hotwheels batboat with trailer released last year as well, but I've never seen it, if they did produce them.
Possessed Sony Discman

So it turns out you can give power via ANY channel[…]

New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]