Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Gareee wrote:I think we've only seen maybe one ecto on pegs since Dragoncon in stores. Either Halloweeners are grabbing them for seasonal interest, or the packout has changed, and they aren't being shipped as much.

I talked to a few hot wheels scalpers and employees in stores

They have all said the last couple shipments haven't had any in there because of the new years line
NickyTea wrote:
joeghostbuster wrote:someone should crack one open and take macro pics of the proton packs inside. all hotwheels are riveted on the bottom though, and must be drilled, otherwise I would've already done it.
I don't know if someone already did this, but I'm happy to oblige:

sweet! thanks for that - you should try to paint the packs/interior details!
By Iggy
I did manage to find yet another Ecto this weekend. Bringing my extras total up to 3. However, this most recent one, the roof rack wasn't locked in place on the Ecto. Needless to say, if opened, it would just need to be pushed down.
By Gareee
Time to dump those silver deloreans, guys. Mattel just announced they aquires the Back to the Future License.

My guesses:

Hot Wheels Delorean time machines with all versions represented
Matty Collector BTTF figures like the Matty Ghostbusters
Matty Collector hoverboard reproduction (like the PKE Meter Prop/toy)
found a couple links at the matty forums...

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=16488

http://www.licensemag.com/licensemag/En ... ail/691377

and Garree, according to the report they DIDNT get the die-cast license, so no Hot Wheels BTTF Deloreans. but hopefully we'll be seeing some 3.75" - 6" figures and a few different versions of the Delorean for them to ride in!
By gamera1968
This is awesome news, however; I wish Mattel would do a 1:18 or 1:24 scale die cast Ecto 1.

Off topic:

I am looking forward to the Hoverboard however.
joeghostbuster wrote:found a couple links at the matty forums...

and Garree, according to the report they DIDNT get the die-cast license, so no Hot Wheels BTTF Deloreans. but hopefully we'll be seeing some 3.75" - 6" figures and a few different versions of the Delorean for them to ride in!

BTTF action figures AND Ghostbusters action figures? Geez, this is a good time to be a toy collector.
By Zissou
I think we'll see 80s Marty and Doc, 50s Marty and Doc, and maybe Biff. A Delorean also seems likely, its like the proton pack of Back to the Future. Its integral!

Oh and maybe future versions of the same guys if they have bttf2.
if anyone is out there still looking tonight at my Walmart they had the hot wheels marked for 77cents so if anyone is looking for anything it might be worth a glance. i saw two deloreans and a batmobile no ectos.
By Gareee
I haven't seen an ecto in a store for about a month now.
By SONICR
joeghostbuster wrote:found a couple links at the matty forums...

Odd, I've seen a Japanese Mattel BTTF Delorean on ebay recently a few times...
By Gareee
I think others have mentioned that BTTF delorean as well. Licenses typically are granted by location, so they could approve a Japanese production license, but not an American one.

I'm pretty sure I saw hotwheels scaled ones though at the Universal Studios florida theme park years ago though. I know I picked up a micro scale set of the BTTFII cars, and a killer toy delorean that has lights and sound, and a raising up "hovering" feature. Its pretty close size wise to those larger car versions being released in the past few years.

The theme parks might have even more items as well we aren't aware of. They had a whole store devoted to the movies, and carried the holographic ball caps, among other items.

Of coincedence, we just watched BTTF I in hi def last night. The picture quality is excellent!
By gamera1968
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

FYI, I am still seeing scalpers sell lots of Ecto-1's on eBay (like 12 at once)
wth?

I am seriously sick of these people on eBay....why do the need to sell so many at once?

Makes me wanna punch them in the head.... Maybe someone should report them....plus the shipping charges are outrageous.
By Iggy
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

gamera1968 wrote:FYI, I am still seeing scalpers sell lots of Ecto-1's on eBay (like 12 at once)
wth?

I am seriously sick of these people on eBay....why do the need to sell so many at once?

Makes me wanna punch them in the head.... Maybe someone should report them....plus the shipping charges are outrageous.
Because, the scalpers philosophy is, "I want money, YOU need these items, so you pay MY prices and buy them the way I sell them!" Actually, this was a response I just got yesterday from some guy on Ebay(slightly reworded).
DarkSpectre wrote:Anybody pick up the 2011 preview Batmobile?
I saw 3 of these, maybe more, yesterday at the local Target store. Even though they are the "popular" car of the batch, I am ignoring it. It just looks too odd for my tastes. Not to mention, I really am not a Hot Wheels collector. I just grab one or 2 here and there because of my liking in the car. Like the Ecto's.
By gamera1968
OK gotcha.

As for the 2010 and 2011 Batmobiles, I have 2 of each.

One to keep and one to display.

By elsoldao7
CaptCyan wrote:Not to spoil the DeLorean chat, but I found my first "free range" Ecto at the local Dollar Tree...and it only cost me a dollar! Beats the $4.00 bucks I paid on eBay for the first one I got. Speaking of which, here are a few pictures of it with a small bit of decal work done.

You can just about make out the "ECTO-1" on the licence plate, the "New York" is unreadable.
Are those waterslide decals? What scale did you use? They came out great!
By CaptCyan
elsoldao7 wrote:Are those waterslide decals? What scale did you use? They came out great!
Yes, they are.

I took the No Ghost and Licence Plate images from my Ecto WrEcto decals and scaled them down to match size with the tampos on the side of the Hot Wheels Ectos.

Thanks!

Btw, I made extras.
By Ray Stanz GB
Well at my Local TRU store I saw large replicas of the delorean. It made noise and had lights. reminded me of the extreme Ghostbusters car.
By ecto68
Ray Stanz GB wrote:Well at my Local TRU store I saw large replicas of the delorean. It made noise and had lights. reminded me of the extreme Ghostbusters car.

we have these here for about $70 AU
Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?