Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By CaptCyan
joeghostbuster wrote:can I have a hint? now Im gonna have to go home and look at him with a magnifying glass...

You'll neeed a good light to see it. Something in the UV range. :shock: Shows up better in dim light, but you get the idea.

also what is the bag of rubber bands? if they are for the goggles is there a trick to replacing them? or just superglue inside the goggles?
Yes, the bands are extra straps for the Goggles. I put a thin post on each inside corner of the Goggles, the bands hook around the posts which are tilted towards the front of the Goggles so the bands stay in.

13 pages! My lucky number. 8)
By CaptCyan
S'more pics. Besides both PKE Meters, the Green side lights...

...Goggle Lenses...

...Blue Power Strips on the Thrower...

...and the Pack, along with the Green Cyclotron Lights will glow under Black Light.

Groovy. 8)
By CaptCyan
joeghostbuster wrote:AWESOME! I need to get some kind of UV light fixture for my GB shelf that will fit and i can install easily
I used a UV Flashlight to make them glow in the pictures.

Or if you can handle a soldering gun, I can send you some UV LEDs that I ordered off eBay. I plan to do the same type of paint to my figures and now need to build some light fixtures for my shelf. I got them with 9V resistors, so a hookup to a 9V battery should do the trick. :wink: LMK.
By joeghostbuster
MORE PICTURES!

took some time and tried to make them look a little "professional" but I need to get some more lights

ImageImageImageImage
Rookie - Nunzio w/ flashlight - shut it off!

ImageImageImageImage
these boob readings are off the charts! - Rookie posed on Elvira's base

ImageImageImageImage
various close-ups of the amazing detail by the Capt

ImageImageImageImage
just trying different things w/ figures

ImageImageImage
2 of my Ghostbusters shelves - Rookie gets all the trim - my custom kidney straps

ImageImage
I thought Gozer was a man.
By CaptCyan
craptacular wrote:Havent seen a picture of this yet so I gotta ask, can his gun still attach to his pack?
Nope.

Joeghostbuster didn't care if the Thrower attached to the Pack or not as the Rookie would be forever at the ready. . "Not" was also the easier way to go as it made room for the cable clamps to shift over and the Matty peg was removed to make room for the "Life Gauge" Lights.

By joeghostbuster
it's linked in my sig right now, and will probably be there forever. plus I'll update with new pics once in a while. I have some black slime that the Capt gave me a while ago that I want to incorporate into some photos with the Rookie, but it's the dead of winter right now (2' of snow on the ground and 30 below here) so I'll probably have to wait until May or so to take any cool outside shots
By joeghostbuster
using the 2nd detailed Rookie head given to me by the Capt with my Rookie figure, I decided to try to make a Rookie figure for my nephew since he's been bugging me about it ever since I showed him the one Capt made for me. I tried telling him the Capt is a professional with the right tools so his is not going to look exactly like mine. for instance I dont have a micro drill so everything had to be superglued onto the face of the pack and some wires dont go where they are supposed to go. plus the Mattel pack cord broke while I was working with the green wire so I had to glue that up under the pack.

ImageImageImageImage

the slime tank on the side is the NECA Slimer wine bottle I had sent to the Capt to use for my figure, but he had to go and show off and make his own (which looks much better), so I used it for my nephews figure - painted it green and glued it on the side, then I remembered it had details and stuff so that stuff was added afterwards. the slime canon part of the gun was some electronic piece I had lying around, it looked like a laser or something with a clear rubber cap over the end. the goggles and trap are also from the Capt which I painted. the body is a spare Peter Venkman I bought from a gbfans member a while ago (I was going to convert my gloveless Ray into a gloves-on Ray) which is why the pants are wrong. I might put a few of the Capts labels on there to help spruce it up. compared to the Capts Rookie it looks terrible. but it was a quickie job for my 6 year old nephew so hopefully it'll be good enough for him. maybe someday I'll get one of those micro drills and I can make better customs.
By CaptCyan
joeghostbuster wrote: ...compared to the Capts Rookie it looks terrible. but it was a quickie job for my 6 year old nephew so hopefully it'll be good enough for him. maybe someday I'll get one of those micro drills and I can make better customs.
I dunno, give him a wash of dirt brown and you would be hard pressed to tell them apart. :lol: Hope your nephew likes it.
By Derrico13
joeghostbuster wrote:
CaptCyan wrote:Nice Pics! Hey, I've got that Elvira figure, too.
speaking of, here's a strange result I got when I tried to do a panorama shot of my figures with my camera...

"I need your clothes, your boobs and your motorcycle."
By Nicholszz
Word's cannot describe the AWESOMENESS of this.
:crunch::crunch::crunch::crunch::crunch::crunch:
By joeghostbuster
so like most children he actually wanted to play with the figure, and so the slime tube on top broke off as well as the trap on the belt, and the proton wire (big surprise on the last one) and asked me to fix it. I took it home to my "workshop" and made some upgrades, changes, additions etc

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

I think it looks better. I wish the proton cord wasnt so fragile. I wound some electrical tape around the end and glued it up behind the bottom of the pack.
By spiff
joeghostbuster wrote:I'm 30 with the maturity level of someone half my age...

the slime stream was actually a hardened slime drip that came down from the roof of the firehouse, and it was my nephews discovery/idea.
LOL, that's exactly what my told me this morning. Good idea on the slime too, it looks good coming out of the barrel. BTW, did you get your streams? How are the new one's holding up?

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?