Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By CaptCyan
RedVirtue wrote:Capt, I don't know where I've been this whole time but this is damn impressive... :crunch:
I don't know either, but I'm glad you showed up with a Crunch Bar. Thanks! :-D

One of the guys over on Matty suggested the Video Game version of the GB Logo be used for the stand...so I gave it a shot.

The colors are muted as I sprayed the Stand with Flat Black before I decaled and painted. I'm guessing it was a bit too cold for the coating on the decal as it alligatored when I applied it to the Stand. I like the texture it gave it so I'm giving it a few coats of Flat Clear to seal it up.

By Mereel
I. . .WANT. . .THAT. . .STAND!

Wow!! I wasn't sure about the whole 'video game' look but it works perfectly! Soooo cool!!
By CaptCyan
joeghostbuster wrote:I like it but... any chance you can do one in the old fashioned colors too?
What? Like this? :wink:

Only if you answer my questions about the Blue and Green paint.
By Derrico13
Wow, my amazement never ceases in this thread. Amazing job on the rookie, those face decals are perfect! And the stands.....wow.....they're all great, the video game one is unbelievable...again, wow!
By elsoldao7
Awsome work as always!
Hey... would those stands be available to the general public later on?
By joeghostbuster
CaptCyan wrote:
joeghostbuster wrote:I like it but... any chance you can do one in the old fashioned colors too?
What? Like this? :wink:

Only if you answer my questions about the Blue and Green paint.
yes! and... I thought I did? you wanted to know if a white undercoat was a good idea like the blue lights on the gun, I said yes, they look great, do the other lights like that... unless I missed a part 2?
By CaptCyan
Already done and yes, you did answer my questions in a pm.

Putting those lights on the side of the Pack will mean cutting off the Thrower peg, not that you could attach the thrower with all the other stuff I added. :wink: Just FYI.

Hey Joe, Happy New Year!
By joeghostbuster
CaptCyan wrote:Already done and yes, you did answer my questions in a pm.

Putting those lights on the side of the Pack will mean cutting off the Thrower peg, not that you could attach the thrower with all the other stuff I added. :wink: Just FYI.

Hey Joe, Happy New Year!
yeah I figured you'd cut the peg off anyway so no problem there.

happy new year to you too!
By CaptCyan
I extended the Ion Block and installed a thinner Rod ( thanks Mereel! ). Repainted the Goggles but still need to do the Strap.

I added the Green Side Lights and those Square ones down the side of the Pack. I made them raised, like the Blue power up lights on the Thrower, instead of a decal.

I also started on making the white Zip Ties that hold the 2 Hoses together. They need some work as they are too thick.

I will also be repainting the Zippers on his Uniform and replace the Red Wire on the Thrower. ( Thanks again, Mereel! ) :wink:

By Mereel
Another great update! I think the updated paint on the goggles is spot-on now! Also really cool seeing the decal on there!

The ion arm and rod look GREAT! It's amazing how much scaled details like those add to a custom, really brings it to life~~

I was wondering if you were going to tackle the added kit on the side of the proton pack! Looks really good, and I like the two bars and dots being raised rather than sitting flush on the pack (like a decal would be.)

Curious what sort of material you're using for the goggle straps (styrene, vinyl, cloth?)
By CaptCyan
Substituted a Real Wire for the plastic one on the Thrower. Now all the Wires are more in scale with the Figure

Also added a 3rd "life indicator" to the Green Lights on the side of the Pack.

2nd Rookie Head. Only has base colors and Decals at the moment. I thought the 1st head looked a little too determined ( or mean :-x ) than the Rookie looks in the screen caps.

By CaptCyan
Fortunately, you will be getting both versions. 8)

You may also notice in the last pic that I "Brassed" the Zippers on his Flight Suit.
By CaptCyan
Why yes, they are. :wink: That's the reason for fussing over a workable strap for the Goggles. I started on the 2nd head around the end of November?
By CaptCyan
If he was Finnish, wouldn't he have blonde hair? :wink:

I've still got some detail painting to do berfore I ship him off to joeghostbuster.
By CaptCyan
Spengler28 wrote:Dont you feel to keep it for yourself?? :P
Hey Spengs!

I think it's more fun to build them than to look at them, don't you think? Besides, I've got "5 million" pictures of it posted here to remind me what I did. 8)
By Mister Blisterfists
Incredible work. I'm a big fan of custom figures, and this work is easily top class.

Fantastic work. Simply phenomenal. Love the pack mods. I'd love to get an official release of this figure!
By CaptCyan
dfak2009 wrote:Does the proton stream that came with unslimed venkman fit on the neutrona wand?
Yes it does, but not on the Rookie's. The new extension is a larger diameter than the Matty wand end.

Heads up! Same figure, different head, now 20% less mean looking. :lol:

I also gave his Flight Suit, Pads and Boots the "Mereel" treatment because flattery is the sincerest form of immitation. :wink: I can see by the close up that his Uniform needs a 2nd wash.

Here is a comparison pic of the Rookie and an untouched Venkman figure.

Same pic with full flash. While not flattering for close up work, it does brighten things up a bit.

By craptacular
Youve done a great job and I know I said before Id pass on the rookie but after seeing it all done I want one, hopefully Mattel can make a good rookie as good as you can.

Do you have many copies of that head? It sorta looks like me when I shave my head and Id totally buy one to put onto an extra gb body I have here so I could say I have a buster figure of myself..
PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]