Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By CaptCyan
Hey JGB!

Already got it covered. I had some grey case foam lying around that I carved some holes in to fit the Rookie and his Extras.

I had 2 thinner beige foam rubber slabs for front and back. He will be safe from harm in a foam "sammich", in a box, in foam peanuts, inside another box, with your name on it..

I'm just 5 Hose Zip Ties and 1 Goggle Strap away from sending him on his way. Sometime this week. Really.
By Derrico13
CaptCyan wrote:Hey JGB!

Already got it covered. I had some grey case foam lying around that I carved some holes in to fit the Rookie and his Extras.

I had 2 thinner beige foam rubber slabs for front and back. He will be safe from harm in a foam "sammich", in a box, in foam peanuts, inside another box, with your name on it..

I'm just 5 Hose Zip Ties and 1 Goggle Strap away from sending him on his way. Sometime this week. Really.

Wow. Probably the most professional job I've ever seen on a custom from start to finish. Amazing.
If Mattel ever makes a Rookie, it's going to have nothing on this.
By CaptCyan
joeghostbuster wrote:Capt have you made molds of the goggles? if so can you toss in an unpainted/un-strapped one for my Ray figure? I have one but the Rookie one is better
No, but I can if you wish.

The Rookie's head is wider than all the Matty figures, so I was going to do up a smaller set that would fit them better and also look a little different than the Rookie's pair, keeping him custom.

Part of a Matty Figure Upgrade which would consist of the Kidney Belt, Smaller Belt Trap (maybe a Peddle), Flat Screen PKE ('cause it came out so cool), Goggles, Pack Decals and what ever else the figures might need but don't have. I'll put the Upgrade here when I've got it together:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 90&t=22075
By CaptCyan
joeghostbuster wrote:also you mentioned a "secret accessory" a little while back - that going to fit in the box as well?

Still fishin', huh. :wink:

and I didnt have time to look though all the photos again but go ahead and clear coat the Rookie if you want, Im sure everything is perfect :D
Goggles have been strapped. And I added the focus levers to the lenses.

By CaptCyan
"Zip Ties" for the Slime Hose are done.

I'll be packing the Rookie up tonight and sending him on his way tomorrow. Hey joeghostbuster, I'm adding insurance to this one.

By joeghostbuster
Capt, my 6 year old nephew actually asked me the other day if he could have my Rookie figure - it's hard to reason with a child that young but I tried to make him understand that no, he could not! but I told him I'd see about buying the necessary parts from you to make (a less detailed version) one for him - from what I understand you are going to be selling the head, correct? apart from that what else do you think you might sell?

also when you ship my Rookie dont forget to send back all the stuff I sent you before, like my trap etc thanks :D
By CaptCyan
joeghostbuster wrote:Capt, my 6 year old nephew actually asked me the other day if he could have my Rookie figure - it's hard to reason with a child that young but I tried to make him understand that no, he could not! but I told him I'd see about buying the necessary parts from you to make (a less detailed version) one for him - from what I understand you are going to be selling the head, correct? apart from that what else do you think you might sell?

I've got the mold for the Head and basic Trap but that's about it. At first I had intentions of making molds for all parts of the Rookie that I came up with, but the pieces have too many layers of detail to get in one mold, so I gave up that idea.

Alot of the stuff I put on the Rookie is delicate, but I'm sure I could come up with some "industrial strength" pieces for a "Stunt' Rookie. :wink:

also when you ship my Rookie dont forget to send back all the stuff I sent you before, like my trap etc thanks :D
I'm way ahead of you. Already wrapped up to be put in the outer box!
By CaptCyan
joeghostbuster wrote:you're the best!
Good job I did! Thanks! Here are a few parting shots.

I liked Venkman's pose so much, I did 3 takes.

My other figures look rather plain compaired to the Rookie. Looks like I have some painting to do. :oops:

The Rookie does look good next to the chromed Ecto WrEcto.
8)

By CaptCyan
joeghostbuster wrote:looks like people are finally starting to take notice lol

http://ghostbustersnews.com/?p=4058

:shock: Guess that really was a nice job I did. :lol:

awesome new pics btw, where did you get all that backdrop stuff?
Same place I get all my broken toys...eBay! Far background are the Sesame Street palysets I've yet to paint up and the red brick building with the dumpster is a Marvel Spider Man set.
By spiff
Awesome work here Capt! Those backdrops came out nice too.
By CaptCyan
spiff wrote:Awesome work here Capt! Those backdrops came out nice too.
Hey Spiff!

Haven't gotten a chance to touch them, yet. Just wait untill I paint them. :wink:

Here's what joeghostbuster will find when he opens his mail on Wednesday.

By CaptCyan
joeghostbuster wrote:hey Capt, I have the TTF font "Futana" if you want it, the same one they use for the names on the boxes and the packaging. I got it to make myself a new sig a while back but I actually use it sometimes for my graphic design job too it's a good lookin' font
Cool, yes, please send it along. I used a "Ghostbusters" font that I found online for "the Rookie" lettering. Post Office said you would get the package on Tuesday...but Monday is a Holiday and I don't know if they took that into account. I'm sure we will all know when you get it. :wink:
By joeghostbuster
so between MLK day on monday and a snowstorm here in the east yesterday, I wasnt sure when I was going to be getting my package from the Capt. I decided to leave work around 3pm yesterday on account of the weather and decided to check the post office on the way home, even though I didnt expect to have anything. Well low and behold I open my mailbox and inside was the golden ticket! actually it was a yellow card but that means they have a package for you inside. I went in, gave the hairy armed lady my ticket and she gave me this large but lightweight box. carefully I put it in the backseat of my car and headed home, hoping to avoid any accidents because of the snowy road and therefore a crushed Rookie figure.

luckily I made it home without any problems. tended to my dog, ate a snack, found my camera. I cleared off my table and set the box out and started cutting the packing tape. Capt did a great job of making sure the figure box that contained the Rookie was well packed and secured with lots of bubble wrap and foam peanuts. once I removed the custom "The Rookie" white shipping box from the cardboard box I opened the white box and began pulling out the custom packing foam that secured the figure and its accessories. Capt even thought to write "THIS SIDE UP" in large letters on one of the foam sheets inside. unfortunately I didnt see that note until several minutes later and therefore as I slid the foam out of the box several small pieces slipped out onto the floor, dangerously close to one of the floor vents for my furnace! I immediately found a flashlight and started scrambling around on the floor making sure I found all the pieces. once everything was tucked back into its spot in the foam, I got a good look at the figure and the accessories.

Capt posted some pics above of the box and the foam with the figure/accessories, so I wont post any of the "opening box" pics I took - but he took those photos before he added his super secret accessory (which is AWESOME) which you will see below. so before we get to the EPIC figure, let me go over the incredible accessories the Capt skillfully created...

ImageImageImageImage

first up, we have a sheet of 6" scale Proton Pack/Goggle/misc decals that the Capt provided for me to apply to my other Mattel figures, very thoughtful! next are the 2 GB logo bases. the first being modeled after the "updated" 3d-style no-ghost logo created for the recent GB videogame. instead of paint I believe the Capt used a printed out version and applied it to his custom logo resin base, which resulted in air bubbles but once the Rookie is standing on it, its not that noticeable. the other base is made of the same material but with felt on the bottom and hand painted. I like it better then the VG logo base, but Ive never been very fond of felt so when I order more of these from the Capt I dont need the felt attached. next up are 2 different versions of the Ghost Trap. the basic but very detailed trap that the Rookie starts out with at the beginning of the game, and then the "super trap" you eventually acquire by buying upgrade parts for it throughout the game. I sent the Capt many screenshots of the equipment used in the game and he did not disappoint. the trap is nearly identical to the one in the game, and some time I will put up some side-by-side pics for all the equipment just to show how much time and effort went into this endeavor. and then there are 2 "flat" pke meters, in the same style as the one used in the game. both have "activity" decals on them (tjhe wings open one has "full paranormal activity" and the closed wings one has "normal/low activity") and screen-accurate paint schemes, but one has open wings and can be held by the Rookie, the other has closed wings and a peg and is meant to hang from the Rookies belt (via a small hole on the Rookies belt, very clever) also the awesomely detailed ecto goggles (better pic by the Capt above) an extra head with a slightly "meaner" expression and a bag of what appears to be extra goggle straps (small black rubber bands) for if/when the ones on the goggles snap?

and the secret accessory the Capt was working on? a SLIME STREAM ATTACHMENT!
very cool and very clever, the white tip slips into the end of the slime blower nozzle (pics below) I was suspecting something like this but it turned out better then I thought it would be!

I took literally about a hundred photos last night, alot of them didnt come out good (even though I have a new $160 camera) but here are some of the ones that came out okay...

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

(there might be some dupes, Im having problems with imageshack today)

I plan on taking many more in the days to come, more "artsy" with backgrounds etc which I will post here

many many thanks to the Capt for this amazing creation. pictures do not do this figure justice. it is a piece of artwork and I feel like I've "invested" in something wonderful and one of a kind, the only one in the world! it has been a long journey (of which Im sure the Capt is glad is over!) and we can only expect to see great things from Capt in the future! Capt just put me at the top of the list for each project you've got going on cause you know I will be there! do you have any parting words in regards to the Rookie figure project?
By CaptCyan
joeghostbuster wrote:...and the secret accessory the Capt was working on? a SLIME STREAM ATTACHMENT!

...many many thanks to the Capt for this amazing creation. pictures do not do this figure justice. it is a piece of artwork and I feel like I've "invested" in something wonderful and one of a kind, the only one in the world! it has been a long journey (of which Im sure the Capt is glad is over!) and we can only expect to see great things from Capt in the future! Capt just put me at the top of the list for each project you've got going on cause you know I will be there! do you have any parting words in regards to the Rookie figure project?
I've been waitin' to say, "It's Slime Time!" . :lol:

That, and there is a "Super Secret Feature" on the Rookie you have yet to discover. It's one of those GTFO things. :wink:
By Mereel
Great write-up JGB!

And the secret accessory. . .WOW! Looks VERY cool~! I kept thinking what it would be, but a custom slime stream never even occured to me!!!

I'll have to look all the pics over again when I get home, but seriously-VERY cool!!! Congrats on an Out-Of-This-World custom!!
Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]