Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By elsoldao7
CaptCyan wrote:Hey Guys!
elsoldao7 wrote:Hey Capt, have you tried to make any slime streams like the one for the Rookie, but for the 12-inchers? With all the GBII 2-packs showing up it could be a big seller!
RaysEctogoggles wrote:slime streams for 1/6 would be epic. But they gotta be pink. :)
I've still got to make time to finish off that Proton Pack for the Ecto Elite and a few other projects I haven't had free time for. If one of you fine gentlemen wish to do some legwork and figure out how to get a 1/16 dia. metal rod to fit into the end of the Slime Blower and not have it wobble around, that would be most of the battle. Modeling, molding then casting the stream would be no big thing.
I have an extra blower & pack that I was planning to use as guinea pigs anyway. I'll see what I cam come up with aslo.
By Alex Newborn
CaptCyan wrote:Alex mentioned that it was a bit small...but I don't know. Here it is besides a 12" Venkman, I think it looks pretty goood size wise.

Awesome, Capt. I have been procrastinating taking a comparison pic of my 12" Matty dolls alongside one of my Tsukuda kits, so now I don't have to worry. I'd boxed up the 12" dolls while doing several weeks of home repair, and put the Tsukuda kits on top of that box when they were moved separately into the same room, but haven't had a chance to get everything back out for pics.

Just for fun, lets add in something nobody has mentioned yet. It's the Fewture Models version of the Terror Dog. A more dynamic sculpt than the Tsukuda Terror Dog, but scaled somewhere between it and the Necca.

But please tell me more of this Fewture Models Terror Dog! Never heard of those before.

Can't seem to uncover anything via Google... did they give it a different name to avoid copyright issues?

Alex
CaptCyan liked this
By CaptCyan
Hey Alex!

I wish I could. I was really waiting for my pal, Al, to come swooping in and say,"That's not a Fewture Models kit!". :wink:

Fewture Models is a Japanese company that started out making Resin Garage Kits. Being a Garage Kit, this model would not have been directly named a Terror Dog, but something like it.

I purchased it a while back on ebay. It was listed as a Fewture Models kit. It did not come with a box or instructions, which is not unheard of for a Garage Kit.

The Head, Horns and Legs are all solid castings while the Body is a hollow or "slush" casting.

If anyone has one of these or knows the manufacturer please chime in, otherwise is stays at being a Fewture Models Kit.
Ok so over the holiday break I did some playing around with the 1/6 slime blower. Upon removing (breaking) the brown handle grip and front wisk off, I can confirm that the blower is hollow inside, but the two pieces of the blower are held together with plastic pressings, i.e. youll crack the blower up trying to split the two sections. I've found that a 1/8 metal rod can fit down the blower to its base through the front hole created by removing the wisk in the front with minimal wobble. Had I known this, I would not have removed the brown handle. If we have to go to a 1/16 rod, the best thing i can think of is to fill the blower with non expanding resin then drilling down through the wisk hole to create the nessary diameter hole. removing the handle then becomes nessary to create a place to fill the blower and could be reset in place in the still wet resin. If you are playing around with these mods to the 1/6 slime blower be gentle and take your time as the lines from the tank to the blower are brittle (cheap plastic) and will break. Im thinking i will have to try the fill and drill method, which filler should I use? Capt, can you use 1/8 dia rod to cast around or does it have to be 1/16? That would only require removal of the wisk from the blower.
By CaptCyan
The 1/16th was just my guess as to the size of the hole at the front of the Blower. If 1/8 slides through then 1/8th it is. The question is how to anchor it into the Blower without using anything special. Something everyone and anyone can buy and use.

Come up with that and I'll go buy some 1/8th rod and get sculpting.
CaptCyan wrote:The question is how to anchor it into the Blower without using anything special. Something everyone and anyone can buy and use.

Come up with that and I'll go buy some 1/8th rod and get sculpting.
I dont know, maybe you could insert clay into the slimeblower hole, enough to support the rod.
By CaptCyan
Alex Newborn wrote:Awesome, Capt. I have been procrastinating taking a comparison pic of my 12" Matty dolls alongside one of my Tsukuda kits...Alex
I just reread this part. They're Action Figures, not dolls! :lol:
Now if their clothes were part of the sculpts, like the Gentle Giant supersized versions of vintage Kenner figures, I could agree with you.

But removable fabric clothes? Sorry, they're dolls.

I've always called the original Kenner 12" series 'dolls' despite being marketed as 'Large Size Action Figures'.

Though, come to think of it, some of them, like Chewie, the droids, the Stormtrooper and IG-88 had no soft goods, so they could be categorized as true action figures I suppose.

But Vader and Fett had cloth capes (and braided Wookiee scalps) so they're right in there with Luke, Leia, Han, Ben, and the Jawa as far as the cloth goods were concerned.

Plus, the 12" GB's are made by the people who created Barbie, so...

Yeah. Dolls.

Shrug. I feel no gender stigma about calling them dolls.

Alex
CaptCyan liked this
By CaptCyan
Hey Alex!

That was me just making a funny as I have heard this arguement before.
Alex Newborn wrote:Now if their clothes were part of the sculpts, like the Gentle Giant supersized versions of vintage Kenner figures, I could agree with you.

But removable fabric clothes? Sorry, they're dolls...

Alex
Your responce did start me thinking and I was pretty sure that back in the day, the GI Joe that I got for Christmas was billed as an Action Figure and not a Doll. A search on Google lead to Wikipedia and the definition of "Action Figure". I saved us all time by snipping and pasting the first bit here:

An action figure is a poseable character figurine, made of plastic or other materials, and often based upon characters from a film, comic book, video game, or television program. These action figures are usually marketed towards boys and adult collectors. It is argued that action figures are particularly popular with boys because they represent traditional masculine traits and are closely associated with the public sphere.[1] While most commonly marketed as a children's toy, the action figure has gained wide acceptance as an adult collector item. In such a case, the item may be produced and designed on the assumption it will be bought solely for display.

HISTORY

The term "action figure" was first coined by Hasbro in 1964, to market their G.I. Joe figure to boys who wouldn't play with dolls (A similar toy named Johnny Hero was introduced by Rosko Industries for Sears in 1965, but was known as a "Boy's Doll" since the term action figure had not gained widespread usage at that point). G.I. Joe was initially a military-themed 11.5-inch figure proposed by marketing and toy idea-man Stan Weston. It featured changeable clothes with various uniforms to suit different purposes.

In a move that would create global popularity for this type of toy, Hasbro also licensed the product to companies in other markets. These different licensees had a combination of uniforms and accessories that were usually identical to the ones manufactured for the US market by Hasbro, along with some sets that were unique to the local market. The Japanese had at least two examples where a Hasbro licensee also issued sublicenses for related products. For example, Palitoy (in the UK) issued a sublicense to Tsukuda, a company in Japan, to manufacture and sell Palitoy's Action Man accessories in the Japanese market. Takara also issued a sublicense to Medicom for the manufacture of action figures.

However, in other articles on Wikipedia, they refer to GI Joe as a Doll,. so we're both correct. .Interesting that Tsukuda is mentioned which ties this back loosley to the Terror Dogs.
Gareee liked this
CaptCyan wrote:Hey Alex!

I wish I could. I was really waiting for my pal, Al, to come swooping in and say,"That's not a Fewture Models kit!". :wink:
I knew they were Tusuka's but what the hell Capt, they sure as hell look great next to the 12 inchers. Size accurate or not.
Thanks, Al! Sorry but I missed your reply post somehow.

I've been doing bits and pieces for Ecto's lately. I'm putting this one up here as I don't think it is as common as the Hotwheels. It's the Fuji Film Giveaway Ecto-1A. While I was making some Kenner Replacement Stickers, I thought I'd shrink a set down and make Decals out of them.

Most of you know how Decals work from the Rookie Figure Project Thread (page 25 if you don't) so I'll just jump ahead to the finished Ecto.

I'll have to give it a coat of Clear Gloss to seal the Decals...I need warmer weather for that.

Now that I've looked at the pics a few times, I want to paint up the rest of the Ecto.

Someday, I'll have to try to expand that Grey Top to WrEcto size.
AlTheRelic, Daniel liked this
Those are great capt wish I still had my fuji ecto1a. I sold all my toys when I got older so I'm kicking my self in the but now lol. I really need to find a Kenner fire house but eBay prices are to much. Got to get that sign u sold me a home!
Hey Jake!

Yeah, I hope you find a Firehouse to go with it.

After putting on all the pretty Decals, I thought I'd do some more tweaking, so I took it apart.

I sprayed the Body to seal in the Decals. Next I'll paint up the interior and put Chrome on the Back Bumper and around the Fins.
Cool little Ecto-1A Capt, I must admit this is the first time I'm seeing it, I totally dig it
Hey Al!

I figured you would really like this Custom.

Did some painting last night, Blackened the Grill and painted the Turn Signals with Tamiya Clear Yellow.

I put that Craft Chrome on the Back Bumper...

...and did a first coat on the Interior.

Put them all together and you get this!

Can't wait to do the Fins.

Here are those Fins for Jake (sounds like Adventure Time). :lol: I trimmed them with Craft Chrome and the Lenses in Tamiya Clear Red.

I painted the Door lines Grey to make them stand out. Did the Window Frames in Silver Paint and dunked the Glass in some Future Floor Polish to make them Crystal Clear.

I did the Windshield Venting in Grey and the Fender Trim in Craft Chrome.

I think that's about all the damage I can do to the Body, next I'll work on the Roof Rack.
Jake LeRoy liked this
Hey Slay, Joe and Eeegs!

Thanks for stopping by. This next part should be of interest to Jake. :wink:

I cut the Light Bars off the Grey Roof Rack and gave them a pull on the Vac-U-Form.

Being that they are a bit oversized made them easier to paint from the inside. Here is the front Bar sitting on the WrEcto. You can also see the Licence Plate.

I did the Top Light With Silver Paint and covered that in Tamiya Clear Red. Matches pretty well with the Clear Light Bar.

Here's a pic to give you all an idea of what it really looks like in real life without the extreme close-ups.

Next up will be the back Light Bar.
I'll take the next smallest Crunch Bar instead. :lol:

Painted the Roof Rack and glued the Upper Deck Light Bar on.

I wound up building the Bottom Pan and Lights to glue it to the Rack.

I did manage to paint the "WE'RE BACK" on the Sign Boards with Silver and then Tamiya Clear Red...

...they're just hard to make out in these shots.

I'll take some pics outside if the Sun decides to come out sometime soon.

Last thing to do is the interior.
That looks fricken awesome. I love your idea for the light bar. The only thing I can think of to improve it is to swap the wheels for a set thats more accurate. Johnny Lightning made an Eldorado thats wheels are near perfect and have white wall tires too.

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]