Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Knightmare10880
I know a lot of people here love the props the PKE meter and the recently revealed ghost trap, but I keep wondering with all the effort and time that go into these why not make an Ecto-1.

I personally have no use for the "props" and I want to make sure people understand that I'm not condemning the the props or the fans that want to add them to their collection, but I have to ask if you had to choose between getting props like the PKE meter and the Ghost Trap or getting an Ecto-1 that could fit the 6-inch figures and was fully functional with working lights and sirens, would you go for that.

Or if you had to choose between next year them releasing an Ecto-1 or a very good version of the proton pack, which would you choose?
By ProtonCharger
i dont have any use for the action figure line. mattel is more likely to get my money for the ghostbusters line if they keep releasing props, than focusing only on the 6" toys.
By Moranis for Mayor
Knightmare10880 wrote:I know a lot of people here love the props the PKE meter and the recently revealed ghost trap, but I keep wondering with all the effort and time that go into these why not make an Ecto-1.

I personally have no use for the "props" and I want to make sure people understand that I'm not condemning the the props or the fans that want to add them to their collection, but I have to ask if you had to choose between getting props like the PKE meter and the Ghost Trap or getting an Ecto-1 that could fit the 6-inch figures and was fully functional with working lights and sirens, would you go for that.

Or if you had to choose between next year them releasing an Ecto-1 or a very good version of the proton pack, which would you choose?

for me,Ecto-1 all the way,as i don't collect the props....
By alternate1
I like the props. They're good for me as I don't really have the resources to build any of the equipment. Having said that though, I would really like an Ecto-1...
By kevinj319
Best of both worlds, an Ecto-1 prop. 1:1 scale.

Seriously though, I doubt the same people work on the props and the figures. It's most likely a different team with different skill sets. I don't think creation of props takes time away from figures or vice versa.
By Gareee
I think 3 foot would probably be for the 12" figures. I have a few 1:6 scale rc cars, and those are easily two feet long.

That said, I'd be up for a 3 foot long RC 1:6 scale ecto! If they priced it like the 1:6 scale RC VW van, Herbie the love bug, or even the 21st century tank, it could be in the under $200 price range.

Like the tanks, it could even be powered by rechargible motorcycle batteries.

Since Matty owns Tyco, odds are they even already have molds and access to many of the componants needed.
By dfak2009
@Knightmare10880

I totally agree with you that we should get an Ecto-1 for the 6inch line and we may do eventually if the sale's keep going as they have been.

Sure no one ever thought we'd ever get movie accurate toy's or prop's but now were flooded with GB merch and it's F'N awesome!!!!

So hold out like the rest of us and i'd say we will get that Ecto that we all want ;)

Ps look at what Matty has done with this new trap, sound's light's, opening door's and vibration functionality
So i can only imagine what the 6" line Ecto could be like :D
By Gareee
My wallet is cringing at the thought of what they might do if/when GB3 gets greenlit and released.
By Daniel
Ecto-1 looks like the better choice. After all, Matty doesn't want to send props to any other place but USA. But I think they should first make some Ghostbusters figures with removable packs. (Like the ones somebody create and sold on ebay) :)
By Gareee
Well, we don't actually know that about props yet. The PKE could have been a fluke, and the trap might wel be available to non US residents.
By Daniel
Gareee wrote:Well, we don't actually know that about props yet. The PKE could have been a fluke, and the trap might wel be available to non US residents.
If we can get both, that might be cool :)
By optibotimus
I love the idea of getting props and will without a doubt keep buying them.

As for the Ecto-1 for the 6 inch figures, i don't think they'll make one, without making figures to go along with it. The existing figures can't really work with them with the attached proton packs. I'd love it if they did something like they did for the GB2 pack and release an Ecto-1 WITH all 4 characters, with them not wearing the proton packs. I'd only be a slight retool anyhow...

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]