Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
looks awesome. eagerly awaiting updates
Thanks for the compliments guys! They really mean much to me. This build is going to be expensive as well as extensive. So far, the price has gone around 200 euro's and with that much invested, I might as well go for the bank on this one. Electronics, sure, interrior, definately... When I get to them, that is...

In the mean time, here is a little update again;

Some sanding with my mouse sander (I love that thing, helped me very much in my Proton Pacs!!) both Ray and Pete are here presenting the sanded Ecto - 1 roof.

The rear door was a pain to make for sure it was accurate. Again, the restoration pictures helped MUCH. I think I got it near to what it should be.

As of now, the roof has been painted with gray primer, and is drying. I'd like some feedback on the roof from those who are familliar with the Ectomobile. Is there some more sanding required?
Thanks guys! I really appreciate the compliments. More uptydates for you...

I took the rear bumper off from the rear of the Caddy. It war sqrewed in place, making this work VERY easy..

Comparing it to the Restoration project pictures, I saw that is was close, but no cigar...

I trimmed the bumper to match the real images, and took a piece of paper to trace the cast iron wedge on the Caddy.

The image was then transferred to a piece of Balsa, sanded untill....

...The rear of the Caddy has now been Ectomized...

All good and well, untill I hit the Penguins!! Comparing the rear with the roof on, to the restoration photos, the rear door should match my balsa over the rear bumper!!!

I had to literally saw the roof in half...

Add some braces inside..

...And glue some additional Balsa wood in the groove. The roof is now a tad too long, but there is more Balsa on the rear for the sanding.

As you can see, I have added some wood filler in the roof. After the added lenght has dried, I will go over the whole roof with fiberglass resin, and then the smoothing work can begin in the earnest...

That is, unless another Penguin comes in the way.. Off Topic; I LOVE penguins. Always have. Those guys from Madagascar are just the ticker for me!!
portugueseGB wrote:This is inspiring:). Someone said this before in this thread, it's about making a vision/dream true, step by step, with your own hands. Imagine building a model of the firestation next... Keep it up!
Thanks, I'm having some trouble getting the rear end of the Caddy's curvature as correct as I can. Nick-A-Tron's Ecto models are helping me, as well as the Restoration pictures, but there is work to be done still. Just drew the rear door in it, just to see it's dimensions and other angles. As I did this, I found out that the roof is uneven, and needs more sanding, but that is a work for the weekend. I will post more pictures then.

As for the Firehouse... I calculated the dimensions of it for the 1/12 scale.... It is 27 inches wide and 40 inches long... HUGE!!! Would love to do it, but I have no room for it as of now.

...But, it would make one swell of a dollhouse...
I began experimenting with a doll house project of the firestation suitable for the joyride ecto-1, in about 1:24 scale (the car's in 1:21) (http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =7&t=20922). But perfection would be the firestation for the 6" figures, the containment unit is already done. And you've found the car! :) It would be huge, double the size of my project..

What is the scale of your cadillac exactly? Its not 1:18, is it?
chibigear wrote:
portugueseGB wrote: What is the scale of your cadillac exactly? Its not 1:18, is it?
It is a 1/12 scale Maisto '59 Cadillac Eldorado Biarriz model. Yup, THE 6" scale..

Just perfect. When I considered a 1/12 scale firestation dollhouse it only occured to me doing a papercraft ecto-1 to go with. This is simply light years ahead. I'll stand back now and watch in delight :).
chibigear wrote: As for the Firehouse... I calculated the dimensions of it for the 1/12 scale.... It is 27 inches wide and 40 inches long... HUGE!!! Would love to do it, but I have no room for it as of now.
According to my calculations, (using the NY firestation building as reference), the dimensions for a firestation doll-house in 1/12 scale would be 54 inches tall and around 80 inches long! My 1/24 project is around 27 inches tall and 40 long (don't have the width at hand).
Ok, Ok I KNOW every one is waiting for the Matty Trap, but here is a little update for my project;

This project has been a bit on the side for a moment, we are having a photoshoot with a pro photographer, and ot that end, I have focused on getting the lights to my pack..

I started making the window frames on my Caddy roof, and for that, I bought several thicknesses of plastic strips. One is just right size, and of course, without much done, the strip of plastic ran out.. Need to get some more tomorrow, but this is how it is now, with Winston aside.

I migth have to shorten the roof... AGAIN!!, but this time, it will be to accomodate the connection on the windshield... I will not be cutting this for few millimeters...

Good luck to everyone on the Ghost Traps!
Yep, some progress done, sorry for the slow work, but Halloween and other things have come in way of this project..

I taped the roof in to the Caddy with electrical tape.

And removed some exess material from the roof. As I added more lenght to it, I made the roof half an inch too long, but that is easily remedied.

I plastered the holes, and other bits, and after it had dried, began to sand the roof smooth. Though it can't be seen, I did sand the rear doors somewhat to smoothen them to the chassis.

The roof looks nice now, I need to prime it and see if it is done. I think that I need to get some white primer, though... Overall, the caddy could use some new paintjob..

I did go to my shop to get instructions on some of my mould materials. I have two types, and to my luck, they can be mixed. I will, after the roof is smooth enough, make a topical mould of the roof, with plaster bandages to support it. Then, resin brushed on, and fiberglass to add strenght.

I had hoped to get some work done on the caddy this weekend, but Halloween got in the way...
Thanks, I do need advice on the rear..

Here are some pictures with the cutting matt behind the Caddy

The front of the roof needs a bit toning down, the curvature of the front should begin at the rear of the front door window and go smoothly down from there.

Note that just above the slanted rear window frame, there is no 'hump'. The grey primer just makes it seem that there is one..

A shot from the rear. This really is a problematic one, and I do hope I can solve it.

I have, for most parts using these images from the restoration Ecto - 1 as a guide for the rear.

Here, the rear door slopes down just in top of the rear bumper. I sanded mine likewise. The picture also shows that the door IS curved, but not at any tragically steep angle.

This photo shows that the rear roof is quite square, if a bit rounded in the corners..

Before I do go and make the mold ot the roof, can anyone point out how much the curvature of the rear needs to be changed? I have, for most parts ended up with this, and with no real Ecto's around, I cannot go and check....

Thanks.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]