Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By egie
I should have paid attention to the warning, I suffered severe pleasing.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By 06VenomGT
WOW!!! This keeps getting better and better! Great Work! You might look on Ebay for 1/18 scale led's for model police cars. These have relays to allow for the strobe (pulsating) effect and the alternating headlight (wig-wag) effect. During Christmas, I like to pick up the battery powered led light sets (clear led's). These are used for small, Christmas Village displays but is also a cheap way to add led's to a model...especially if they have a flash or chasing pattern. I built a 1/18 Police Interceptor for an officer and took video of the lights on the diecast using these Christmas lights...I'll try to post it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By chibigear
Sorry, been a while, I've been working full time on my Boba Fett costume, and as soon as it is finished, and approved, I will turn back to this full time.

The Fett has only few details left on the helmet, then it is finished and pictures will be sent for 501st. approval.

Should be done on this weekend, if all goes well...
By egie
No problem! I understand that, I am currently making a jawa. Its.just to bad im not old enough to join the 501st yet.
By chibigear
Here is the culprit in question...

The bucket is now ready, and waiting for approval photos taken at some time soon.

Been a ride, this has, yes, and now as the final piece on this costume is finally ready, this seems to be finished....

Still, no cigar 'till the lady says yes...

Hopefully the approval pictures can be taken this weekend, and sent to the appropriate person as soon as possible.

After that, in between trooping with my Fett, I will hit the Ecto project on track again..

Cheers, and thank you...

egie wrote:That Boba Fett looks fantastic!
Yea. It's pretty awesome. And I'm not even into starwars. Good job.
By Nisei
chibigear wrote:Image.
Is it me or does the roof seem to be too low? No offense please, I couldn't have done it any better but I just noticed this. It looks like the windscreen is at a lower angle than it is on my Hotwheels Elite model and the side windows seem to be less high.
By chibigear
Yeah, the roof is a bit low.

One reason for it is because the wheel suspensions need stronger springs, as one can easily see that the chassis rides too low. That is in the 'to do' list on this, with several other issues.

The windshield is on a lower angle, good catch there! It is the original windshield that came with the Eldorado Biarriz model, and I pondered on the possibility of making new one, but as I had no vac form capabilities at that moment, I decided to go wiht the one that came with the car. I did, however, design the roof so as it could be modified to accept new windshield in some time, but for now, I will keep this, and try to get this finished as soon as possible, outwards, at the very least.

Sorry for the lack of updates, been a bit busy fall. This is right in front of me, that photo is from my display cabinet at my living room, and yes, it bugs me royally, to see this in unfinished state.

I could use help , with the owners of the hotwheels models. I need good side pictures, so I can model the roof rack, as well as front and top ones. With those, I can measure the parts out for this 1/12 model, and cut them out from styrene. The roof rack should give this more of it's needed appearance, just as much as the white paintjob did.

That said, I will pull the model to my workbench today, and start doing more work on it.

My Fett is accepted to the 501st, so it needs little attention at the moment.
By Unimatrix01
I am looking forward to seeing the roof box and greblies on this, I'm converting a full size ford hearse to look like an echo and that's proofing difficult, this however is way, way, way beyond my level of skill and I am truly amazed by the work that's gone into this thread. Shame you can't mold the entire shell and sell as a partial kit without the chassis tho.
By chibigear
Well, well, look what the cat dragged in...

Sorry for shelving this project for so long time, I have been busy with other stuff so many times that I thouhgt that this project needs a clear table, and not a rushed job. Still, it has been far too long since I took myself to it, and even though I have ordered some parts for the model here and there while the poject was on shelf, I have not really gotten into it again.

The first parts to add are the lightbars. I got some RC police car lights from Ebay, and even thought they werer for 1/12-1/15 scale models, I thought to try them on the Ecto.

I trimmed the white plastic off from the bottom of one light system, as the bottom is not accurate enough.

It was then tried on top of the chassis, and seems a legit fit. The wiring shown on there is for the electronics. The police light systems have leds inside, with some other elctronics. Haven't tried them on yet...

I still need to add more blue plastic to the bottom of the light bar, as well as paint the middle metallic. Luckily I remember that I saved some blue lens material for the Proton Pack Power Cell. Might want to dig that up.

I then went and made a crude roof rac form cardboard, just to size it out. I DO have a nice, A4 sized 3mm thick black plastic sheet waiting, a lucky find next to road in the sping time.

Now, how about it, is the roorack proper sized? To me, it look good, but would like more info.

That is all I have to affer for now, but hopefully it wetted your appetite, and gave you somethign. I will keep this on my workbench, for the spring, and try to get it finished, outwards, at the least, for the upcoming Model Expo in Finland. Three months or so to go, might make it, might not..

A BIG thank you to Capn Cyan for mailing me parts and asking about this project!

Cheers, Ville
Daniel liked this
By portugueseGB
Nice to see this project is still alive - you're doing something I wish I would do.

I think the roof came out a bit on the low side, when I compare the window proportions with my hotwheels model next to me. But this issue will be minor compared to the wow effect of the huge size of the whole car on display with the IN SCALE 6" figures next to it. Can't wait to see it finished.
By chibigear
Thank you for still waiting and believing in this... This project has been on the shelves for too long time, and should be done this year...

The windows on the side are a bit low, at the moment. The windshield is for the car without the roof, and it is a bit too low. Still, as I do not have any vacform mould for better windshield, the roof was done as it could be. The side windows, are still in the works, and do not have the metal parts in. Those will be cut to size, when I am attaching the windows (Old CD cases do the trick). That is for t a later date, as I do not want any damage on the window plastics... After the windows are in place, they should be a bit taller.

I would like any pictures you have on the hotweels, sides, top, anythign that shows the roof rack as well. I am just making it, and need more references, both on the car, and detail bits, here and there. I am just going through the detail parts from Capn Cyan, and everything seems to be in place, even though the years..

I'll actually have a first two-day weekend coming in next weekend, I'll try to get some new, better pictures to wet your appetites of this project, instead of hastly put pics...

Cheers, and thank you for watching.
By chibigear
A real quick teaser for you guys;

Phototbucket is being going on mantenaces, so it has been a bit difficult to get any pitures uploaded.

And, I am in hurry to work, nighshift sucks... Still, I'll try to get more pics on a better light, but as you can see, I've been busy.

Cheers, and thanks for tuning in.
Matt Campbell, egie, Daniel liked this
By chibigear
Hi guys!

As I said in the CU thread, sorry for the lack of updates. I just put the Ecto to my workplace, and should have some nice stuff for you sometime. Won't make any promises, as my real life works are now a bit busy.

But, IF I get everything I planned, in the car, you shold get a REAL nice update. As I originally planned, I wanter this to be RC as well as other stuff. For that, I just found one RC car (4x4) that fits the Ectomobile, just need to extend it a bit, change tyres, etc, and this should then be moving. I hope.

Might succeed, might not... The model weights around 3 kiloes at the moment... That means that most RC cars cannot run with that weight over them...

Still, more as soon as possible.

Sorry for taking this loooooong with this project.

Cheers, Ville

Using rip-stop cotton and custom dye for each char[…]

The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]