Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Hey this is my first post, i've trolled the boards a bit here and there and am a huge GB fan, but had to get in on this discussion! Pulled these beauties out of Walmart claw machine in NY today with the last $20 I had haha

Didn't see the smaller stay puft but they did have a bigger one that I couldn't snag as well as the Venkman which I did snag. There was a bigger Ray in there too but buried. Wish I would have got Winston but it was up against the glass. I will trade a Ray for a Winston! Going to NJ tomorrow so I am going to check there and on my way home in PA as well. Hopefully i get Winston and at least a smaller Stay Puft the bigger one looks impossible to get way to heavy. small slimers were in the one machine but couldn't seem to get the claw to pick them up. I'll keep you guys updated!
Im new to the forum. I want these bad for my collection. I spotted 3 GB (peter, winston and egon) plus slimer and Stay Puft in a claw machine at Golden Coral Resturant. I didnt have any cash on me and it was closing time at the resturant. I plan to go back tomorrow and try to win em.
After far too many tries, and only due to dumb luck with how the claw got stuck under his arm, I got Zeddemore within inches of the drop chute. Having a good feeling about it, I fired up the ol' video camera, and was able to capture the moment of victory!

http://youtu.be/rSNX3asCZSU

No luck with anything else besides a rainbow trout...I think my claw machine might be slanted a wee bit shifty.
I blew $16 on the machine today - nabbed Winston after $8 or so thanks to the random 'drag' that pulled him from a corner (amazingly) so I should have quit while I was ahead!

If any others looked possible, I'd keep going, but I think it's just money lost until they (hopefully) restock.

Glad you like the video! It's fun for me to re-watch too ;-)
Got myself a large Ray today. First time I've seen them at my Walmart. Only took 3 tries on the machine to get Ray. I had him on the first but it slipped off, then my wife went for it and ended up moving him so he was laying flat, easy to grab, then I got him on the third try.

Spent another $5 on the small machine where they had Stay Puft, Winston, Slimer, Venkman, and Stantz, but didn't get any of those. That claw was really loose.

Feels good to finally have one of these though.
it's very disturbing to see how many of you have multiples of these. I went to my local walmart again saturday morning to get a few things, and I tried the machine on my way out. they dumped some new crappy stuff on top of the existing stuff so most of the GB stuff is buried except for 1 venkman near the front. its positioned so you just move the claw over to him instead of backward or forward. there is a slimer pressed against the glass next to him which is literally impossible to get because the claw wont go any closer to the glass. I put about $5 or $6 in and tried to get the 1 venkman and i came really close a couple times but the claw is so limp when it comes back up. goddamn ripoff.
coasterg wrote:These are now prizes for midway games - they have them at Universal Studios with large and extra large Slimer and Stay Puft, no sign of the guys. Next time I'm there I'll check their claw machines.
Midway games huh? What company is involved with the prizes at Dave and Busters? I know the prize area is called Midway... Because if they are gonna start popping up at D & B's, I have a ton of points I can use there... That may solve my issue on attaining these.
Went to Walmart on a whim, and they finally had these. A week or so ago they didn't, so I wasn't holding out hope.

One machine had 3 or so Stanz, only one of which I could get to. Unfortunately, the claw was too loose, so as I got him to the top, it just dropped back down towards the glass, so no chance at getting him.

On the way out, we went out the other doors, and they had a few more. They had Egon, a buried Winston, and a small Staypuft against the glass. I managed to snag Egon on the first go, but the claw didnt drop him! So I had to use another credit to get him to drop. Sucked, but at least I won one.

Only spent 5$, so Im not displeased.
Just got back from my trip from Minnesota a couple days ago. I won these 3 at a Walmart in Cloquet, MN (The Walmart in Duluth, MN had nothing as of last week). I got both Venkman and Stay Puft with $3 each ($1 a try), almost had them each in two tries. On the second try Stay Puft's foot caught between the schute and and another animal and hung down into the schute. :angryvigo::lol:
Slimer was another story... Collectively I think I and two of my cousins spent about $25 (and that was at 50 cents a try) and about an hour trying to get him out. I totally believe those machines grab harder after so many tries. The way Slimer was pressed up against the glass, we had no choice but to try and grab him around his body. After several failed attempts, it just picked him up like it was nothing.

I'm still waiting for the claw machines in my area here (I live in Sonoma County, CA) to get Ghostbusters, but no luck yet. I'm getting worried that we'll never get them here... I'll turn to eBay to complete my set if I have to, but I'd rather not. The excitement of winning something from those machines is a lot of fun! :lol:

Also... Those lounge I had to order online. I looked in Minnesota and here and couldn't find them in stores.
We had Ernie sign our Winston yesterday....

Finally spotted some in the middle Tennessee area, at a Golden Corral buffet of all places. A group of us local GBs went there for dinner after a local con. It suddenly became a group activity to try that dumb machine out.

In the machine, we spotted a loose Venkman and Egon, two Stay Pufts that were packed in, plus a Venkman, Ray and two Slimers that we had no hope of getting to since they were completely smushed into the bottom against the glass.

My boyfriend tried his best to get Venkman for me, but after a while, we gave up and got in line for dinner. Then some other fella (complete stranger) tried the machine and got Venkman in two turns! In a wonderful Random Act of Kindness, he tossed the little guy over to me. :)

After dinner, we all descended on the machine again to get Egon. We each took turns knocking him loose, then finally the boyfriend was successful! Now I have half the team and am anxious to find a place where I can try for the other two. I have a few spots in mind, like K-Mart, Steak and Shake and the local bowling alley arcade. Golden Corral is the first place I've spotted these at all! Wal-Mart has been a total bust.

Lil' Bill! :D
Just wondering guys,

If it is a $100.00 minimum order through Toy Factory for these plushes, couldn't someone arrange a run with the company for our community? I know there are a ton of people on the site here that would love a set of the four busters and Stay Puft and Slimer! And, I have not seen these around Ontario at all, so us out-of-staters could get in on this as well.
PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]