Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By slaysghosts
Hey anyone who customizes their Hot Wheels-show us!

First of all, there is one very important thing to know:
There is a grey outline painted on all three doors where the logo goes, I don't know a good way to remove this outline and therefore you must place your new decal directly inline w/ this outline or it will show. This also means you can NOT change the placement or the angle of your logo. Obviously, it has to be exact same size too......

With that out of the way, enjoy!

"Look at that Cadillac!"

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Last edited by slaysghosts on February 25th, 2014, 10:45 pm, edited 9 times in total.
By 06VenomGT
That's a cool logo conversion. Most good hobby shops have waterslide paper for inkjet and laser printers in both clear and white paper. After I test the size of graphics I need on regular paper, I then set my printer for glossy photopaper and let dry for a couple of hours. I then spray 2 to 3 coats of automotive clearcoat to seal the graphics. Once dry, it's time to have some fun!

Sent from my DROID2 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By slaysghosts
Ok, update! fellow ghosthead and forum member Filandrius has a solution to the grey outline. Vim cream w/ bleach (for you Canadians) & Comet soft cleaner w/ bleach (for USA)! I haven't had a chance to do this yet b/c I would have to remove my new decals, but I'm definitely doing this.

Remember if you do this on your own-the door logos need to be placed further back away from front tire. They should be centered w/ the edge of door handle for one hand of ghost and then the other hand w/ the straight window trim (not the curved) and the head of the ghost needs to be inline with the key hole.
By Mereel
Wow, the car looks loads better! I'm still waiting for mine to ship out, but the decals are a definite 'must-upgrade' for me once I receive it!

Hopefully some kind soul makes them available:)
that maybe a perfect solution BUT-says on the box of magic erasers to not use on cars what so ever or high gloss areas.....use at your own risk........magic eraser is basically spun glass and I love using one-but beware if you use on your car
joeghostbuster wrote:need to change the license plate, its too yellow, needs to be darker
coming right up!
dan20lancer wrote:ONE WORD ..... MIAM !!!!!!!!!

NICE UPGRADE
thanks! (heads over to wiki and searches 'miam' )
Filandrius wrote:That Ecto is amazing. And those pictures... Well they're beyond words. Much kudos, my friend. :)
kudos right back for the integral tutorial on the ridiculous logo outline!
Boomerjinks wrote:This is absolutely spectacular! Great work!
Thank you sir!
Ecto_1X wrote:Awesome work, but do you mind telling us how to do it? and where you got the new stickers?
Thank you, I made the new logos on water slide decal paper and placed them in very specific angles and places on the door.
06VenomGT wrote:LOOKS AWESOME!!!
Thanks venom!

I was shocked at how much of a difference it made when I changed the logos. Even utterly shocked at how crucial the placement was. I mean, if it was too close to the top, bottom, door handle, door hinge, ect......& you stood back n looked at it-it was crazy! I believe every owner of this car should have the right logos & in the place!

Stay tooned ghost heads.............warning labels & proper orange license plates coming up...........
Good work!
Well I upgraded my Ecto's no-ghost logos, using the exact same method as slaysghosts above. And I have to say it, it looks damn better. That car was already looking reeeal good, and with the correct logos it's insane. Now excuse me while I post a metric ton of pictures.

Yeah, the last one I took just for fun. :)

Verdict: any Ecto-1 fan who doesn't own that car should have their head checked. Best replica ever. Of course if you have a real Ecto-1, I won't hold it against you. ;)
slaysghosts wrote:
Ecto_1X wrote:Awesome work, but do you mind telling us how to do it? and where you got the new stickers?
Thank you, I made the new logos on water slide decal paper and placed them in very specific angles and places on the door.
What could you recommend if someone is picking up their Ecto in 2 days and doesn't know where to obtain this paper and whose printer currently on the fritz?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]

Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]