Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Damn you Slay! I'm so close to sending you my Ecto 1 and the 1A I bought from you to be lit up!! Stop doing such cool things to these cars that I end up wanting to be done to mine, you're going to get me in big trouble with my wife!!!
slaysghosts liked this
Looks great! What exactly is caution mode though?
Absolutely beautiful! :crunch:
After I win the lottery I'm sending you a couple of Ecto's to light up for me.
Morydees wrote:I'm new to the various Ecto collectibles and was wondering if custom is the only way to have one lighted. It seems most, if not all, of the old store bought versions did not light up. Or is there some obscure/rare version I can hunt down?
Customizing is the only way to light these Ectos up, Hot Wheels never sold them that way so the only way to buy one with working lights that I'm aware of is off of ebay (or a similar type medium) from someone who customized one with lights, otherwise you have to buy one and either light it up yourself or pay someone who knows how to do it for you.
Morydees wrote:Yeah, I figured that was the case with the Hot Wheels/Elite series but does that hold true for the rest of the Ectos that came out over the years? Did none of them ever light up? Seems like such a missed opportunity...
Well, there's always the Trendmasters Ecto-1 Extreme. It's nowhere near movie accurate, but it is pre-wired with sound and lights. You can find them on the 'bay for around $200 NIB. :whatever:
But these customs are much better.
Yep, I just looked it up and it's not even in the same ballpark (or universe) as slays custom here. Just makes it that much more impressive. Guess I'll save this as a project for some time down the road and/or hire him when I win the lottery like Matt said :D
Wow, just wow. Looking at my unmodified non-light-up Ectos, I wish I had your patience and skill to make mine blaze like yours, Slaysghost.

Ectomobiles are made to blink, flash and give you seizures, you nailed it.
elsoldao7 wrote:Pure awesomeness! Definitely in my plans to do this someday!
Matt Campbell wrote:Absolutely beautiful! :crunch:
After I win the lottery I'm sending you a couple of Ecto's to light up for me.
Morydees wrote:Amazing work!
ObiHahn wrote:Wow, just wow. Looking at my unmodified non-light-up Ectos, I wish I had your patience and skill to make mine blaze like yours, Slaysghost.

Ectomobiles are made to blink, flash and give you seizures, you nailed it.

Thanks guys! Glad you came by and checked 'em out!
I tried to post earlier, but I don't think it went through. It would be really cool if you could make up decals for the white caddy logos on the hubcaps centers of Ecto-1. I think it would add nice depth to the wheel, that's something I've always wanted for mine. Ecto-1A also had BF Goodrich Radial T/A tires, although I don't think getting the lettering off of the rubber would be an easy task, it would be awesome to ad that last bit of detail. If you ever decide to make those Hubcap centers let me know I'll buy the first set. Your cars look great, you, you've earned :crunch:
slaysghosts liked this
By Jake LeRoy
Great work slays I need to get in gear and grab one of those 1/18 ecto-1a. Have u figured out a way to lite the led sign boards yet? If I get one I might just have to give u my money and have u build it lol just don't have the time anymore to build :(

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo f[…]

@GBfan77 No when I turn it off it still keeps firi[…]

Just to throw my experience in there. I've bough[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]