Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Glyn2k
Hey guys,

Been working on this for 3 days now and just thought i would show you all where im up to. I recently won an auction for 2 Kenner Ecto's. Both were in particularly bad shape if im honest one worse than the other but both were as f** stained as a tramps fingers.
As we all know its based on a cartoon car so the proportions are way off so how to make a good "enough" model? answer was cut and shut them.
After much hacking, plastic welding and super glued fingers i had stretched it, removed the roof details and lowered the roof.
The Car itself is now "more" scale although the doors are tiny so it looks massively long I scaled it by using the width measurement in a scale calculator against the real Ecto she comes in at around 1/14 scale give or take.
The interior has been coated flat black the dash detailed and the rear seating has been added more accurately ie one seat facing the other behind the front passenger. I still have to scratch build the rest of the interior, the roof rack and the rear door and finish the paint and decals, but thought I would show off the progress so far............

W.i.p Movie styled Venkman stopped by to be nosey

By Glyn2k
Tom Servo wrote:Hey! You can't park that thing here!
I kind of want you to stop right there and paint it gray.
Too late im afraid little more progress..... need to tidy up the caution tape once dried :-)
I am planning something very similar myself. I have several (probably a half dozen at least) Ecto's that I planned to use in the constuction of mine. Are you going for movie accurate or RGB Accurate. I'm going to do mine for the RGBs I'm putting together, but I'd love to see a movie accurate one too. =~) Do you have any pics of the two cars cut in half? You could always use the remaining front half of the Extra Ecto to make a cool Diorama, too. Like a one panel (front) of the firehourse with the Ecto-1 just starting it's exit from the building. Do you have anymore close up pics?Last but not least if I can make one suggestion, I would look at getting some of Captain Cyan's Ecto Decals it will save you a lot of grief in the long run and give your Ecto that extra edge.

:cool:

MFOL-
By Glyn2k
Im going as close to movie as possible to display matty figures with it. Pics of the buildup never happened i guess i was in the zone lol, I cut on fllor pan just infront of the front seat and the other just underneath it. Unfortunately the Worse of the two which has the left over front clip is only fit for the bin now due to the front end being heavily child weathered.
I have made some waterslide decals like you get with a model kit for the finishing touches using a scan of the original gb2 livery
Will take more pics of her close up when she is finished off :-)
By Glyn2k
Thanks for the great compliments guys.
Been a bit slow going with that horrible "real world" stuff i keep hearing about ;-) but have made some roof rack progress and the paint work is progressing slowly.
Kingpin liked this
By Glyn2k
Thanks man, as i stated a few posts up the caution stripes need tidy up yet no paint is final on it at this time. the stripes exist on this side purely because i couldnt decide on Ecto 1 or 1a at the time so i painted them on to see which one. I chose 1A and now they will be rubbed down and decals produced as the length is totally non standard due to the nature of the project.

Thanks
Was interested in how this was going. I have three of the four 6" figures with their proton pack removed and with the quartet near complete, they are going to need wheels. I think I my do two or even three of these. Definately one that is olive drab and primer grey. As well as an ecto 1 and if the process isnt too tasking maybe an ecto 1a.
Looks great. Ive also been working on chopping up kenner ecto's . However ive planned mine to be at 1/12th scale, or 20.75" long and around 5.75" wide. I can post progress pics or start a new thread . Not sure about the ediquette here.

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]

I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next F[…]

Hey, anyone else playing this game? I want to find[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]