Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
So like a lot of you I have been getting the Matty ghostbuster toys over the years. Today I went to their site to see if they had any updates. I was shocked to see the wand, goggles, and pke are still on sale. I remember the days when theirGB stuff would sell out in days. If their line is truly dead. How long until they give up the license. I would love to see Neca take up ghostbusters.
ThrowingChicken wrote:From what I have been told, the PKE is constantly in production, meaning it shouldn't sell out until they decide to stop making it.
Out of curiosity, is that a quote from Mattel or just the community?

I'd just assumed they produced a crap load of them and that's why they were in stock. I also assumed that after the initial PKE sellout and the following sellout for the trap, the goggles had been produced in equally large numbers (but bombed because it was less accurate/more gimmicky), and that the wand had been produced in larger numbers but was lingering because it was newer.

I'll be disappointed if none of these items ever sellout. If only because of Matty's stupid scare tactics, goading people into buying immediately out of fear that you won't be able to get them at all.
I bought two wands and virtually ever other prop just because of the collectable aspect. That being said, the wand is likely the most disappointing. Lack of research and its clunky loud vibrations are what has killed it. Add that they stated they did research and handled the actual prop when in actuality even their body of work would shown that they had not (R501 used, originally red tubing was green before outcry).
I feel they burned their bridges with the fan base on that when they openly lied about it.
wtf are you talking about the nutrona wand is by far the coolest prop they made next to the trap, in fact all of there GB prop replicas far exceed what most companies put into there props. its quite simply amazing and I'd rather have a plastic near-accurate prop with all the lights sounds and effects then a fan made one with almost none of that.
This content received too many dislikes. Click SHOW to view
I think its looks great and I think you fanboys who build your stuff are just jealous that mattel has done a stellar job here and despite it being plastic, its come close to being a very faithful reproduction to the prop. im sure you guys builds are "better" but now many people are going to spend 1000 bucks on a metal accurate props when you can get the next best thing for way cheaper. I cant stand when the geeks who build there own stuff bash companies that did manage to create a very faithful and awesome functional reproduction. there is just no pleasing some people.
Im not bashing them. Im simply stating facts.
I bought two wands. Out of error actually. I like them for what they are: adult collector toys.
They did a good job for the most part.
I also built a proton gun of aluminum and sourced parts from sellers here.
For a display piece and keep sake the matty wand is ok. I still prefer my pack and wand.

Should they release the pack to match I will buy that too.
I think that the Matty line was trying to do too much electronically and as a result had to lower quality of the aesthetic appeal over the course of its run. If they make a pack the look of it will probably be pretty inaccurate but I bet it will light up and have some kind of amp or something to plug the thrower in to. Either way I am one of the people who spent thousands on his fan made prop and I prefer ot over a plastic toy.

For those who can not build their own than maybe the matty stuff is good, but in my opinion I dont like the matty stuff.
PPSS wrote:I think its looks great and I think you fanboys who build your stuff are just jealous that mattel has done a stellar job here and despite it being plastic, its come close to being a very faithful reproduction to the prop. im sure you guys builds are "better" but now many people are going to spend 1000 bucks on a metal accurate props when you can get the next best thing for way cheaper. I cant stand when the geeks who build there own stuff bash companies that did manage to create a very faithful and awesome functional reproduction. there is just no pleasing some people.
For the record I haven't built a single thing, yet. Don't even have a single part in my house. Also no one said it wasn't good. Disappointing doesn't equal bad and I even said it looks pretty cool, for a toy, which is exactly what it is.
Matt Campbell liked this
Any Ghostbusters fan is gonna mourn the end of a Ghostbusters line, but I don't think I've ever seen a company so seemingly determined to bleed its fans of all joy and satisfaction. Companies can often seem pretty disinterested in their consumers, but Matty displayed a level of "respect" that bordered on flat-out contempt.

So yeah, sucks not to see new stuff, but Mattel have made the loss much easier on us all. Would be tempted to pick up the figure pairs if Ray got the good head, but I doubt they'd even go to the trouble to ensure that is right.
PPSS wrote:I think its looks great and I think you fanboys who build your stuff are just jealous that mattel has done a stellar job here and despite it being plastic, its come close to being a very faithful reproduction to the prop. im sure you guys builds are "better" but now many people are going to spend 1000 bucks on a metal accurate props when you can get the next best thing for way cheaper. I cant stand when the geeks who build there own stuff bash companies that did manage to create a very faithful and awesome functional reproduction. there is just no pleasing some people.
You got to be joking with this statement? It's now a problem if us (replica builders) strive for accuracy and call out the inaccuracies? Plus I don't know if you know what forum your on but it's not mattyfan.com. it's gbfans.com. I find it very offensive that your willing to bash those who strive for accuracy and unwilling to settle for sub par. If your willing to by all means, I don't look down on you for it, but bashing those who won't settle for the sub par service is quite honestly ridiculous.

Gbfans.com's forum is a great outlet to discuss EVERYTHING ghostbusters related with the key word being discussion. If you don't like what us "geeks" like to say, then start your own forum, name it what you want and ban who you want when you want.
YHSCraig, Matt Campbell liked this
Just a quick heads up for any one that has forgotten, Mattel is planning on releasing the removable Proton pack Ghostbusters action figures in June for the 30th anniversary. Beyond that I don't if they have any more planned since Courtroom Battle Ray Stantz was originally sup post to be the last action figure produced for the line since Mattel said that neither the 6 inch or 12 action figures were selling as well as they had hoped along with the Retro Action Real Ghostbusters figures warming pegs at ToyRUs stores and later being marked down for clearance for action figures that are popular with consumers.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]