Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By MEMOR3X
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Here's something that struck me today... I'm currently playing the PS3 GB game again and I've been scanning away and adding ghosts to my spirit guide with my PKM.

Thing is, for years and years I have completely ignored the whole "Tobin's Spirit Guide" like I just accepted its existence in the GB universe, without giving any thought to it. Suddenly, I've found myself wanting an actual copy.

I've found this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tobins-Spirit-G ... 1470095386 but I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with GB.

So my question is, does this actually exist as a "thing?" Obviously I mean a science fiction book - a supplement to the films/cartoons/etc. I'd love to have a copy of a book that contains every GB ghost, descriptions and everything.

If it does exist, does anyone know where to get hold of a copy? :boogieman:
By Fritz
The only "real" TSG is the one West End Games published as a supplement to their GBI role playing game:

http://www.gbfans.com/games/ghostbusters-international/

It pops up on Ebay from time to time.

Anything else is, at the moment, an unofficial or fan work to the best of my knowledge. The book you linked to fits that category, as far as I can tell.
By Kingpin
MEMOR3X wrote:but I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with GB.
I don't suppose you took a moment to read the blurb on the back of the book in the Amazon listing photos?

100% fake.
By ez_aquarii
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

This Book is the closest thing I've found to being a real Tobins Spirit Guide. But yeah, Tobins is a thing that only exists in the GB universe.
SPJ liked this
By windycitywarrior71

ez_aquarii wrote:This Book is the closest thing I've found to being a real Tobins Spirit Guide. But yeah, Tobins is a thing that only exists in the GB universe.
yeah someone is just trying to cash in on the MILLIONS of DOLLARS in the GB universe!
By MEMOR3X
Thanks guys - shame there's no software version, just like in the film, that'd be awesome.

I've got a RGB book somewhere that has a lot of the ghosts in it, but nothing would compare to a full-scale encyclopedia. Shame there's no branches of Ray's Occult Books around :(
By Spengs
If you come across this RGB book, would love to know the name of it.
By lolodrummer
I decided to spend some gift card $ on this and see what its all about. It's very poorly printed but a fun little read and is a "prop" at best. It is written in the GB Universe but not in any way licensed by Sony
By Ecto96
I had a PDF a while back, (no idea if I have it anymore after multiple computer crashes/moves) but it was a Tobin's Spirit Guide that I think went along with RGB. It was kinda a cute read, more for kids of course, and talks about some different spooky tales of ghosts.

I had it printed out at my local staples, then got a nice 3 ring binder that looks like a leatherbound book from Hobby Lobby, and put it in there. (In the scrap book section)

Then used some gold letters to write "Tobin's Spirit Guide' on the front and "Tobin's" on the spine. Kinda a neat little prop.
By TristanJones
Or, y'know, you could voice your support for it and let IDW know that you want one... If there's enough support I could probably repitch. Though, looking at it in retrospect, it's a pretty MASSIVE undertaking. I isolated hundreds of entities from the cartoons, comics, video games and toys, and drawing and writing about each one would lead to a pretty hefty book.
Troy liked this
By Dan AKA
I'm always confused as to why people always portray Tobin's as such an archaic tome. It would have been printed in the earliest 1930s, after Ivo Shandor helped design 55 Central Park West (the real building was constructed in 1929).
SPJ liked this
By TristanJones
Dan AKA wrote:I'm always confused as to why people always portray Tobin's as such an archaic tome. It would have been printed in the earliest 1930s, after Ivo Shandor helped design 55 Central Park West (the real building was constructed in 1929).
This was my take on it. Back when I was asked to put something together for IDW, it was Spengler updating Tobin's Spirit Guide, with Tobin introducing the book before his death.
By Halloween Undead
TristanJones wrote:Or, y'know, you could voice your support for it and let IDW know that you want one... If there's enough support I could probably repitch. Though, looking at it in retrospect, it's a pretty MASSIVE undertaking. I isolated hundreds of entities from the cartoons, comics, video games and toys, and drawing and writing about each one would lead to a pretty hefty book.
That would be awesome! I wasn't able to acquire the RGB or EGB variant covers of your work, unfortunately. I would definitely support/pre-order a Tobin's Spirit Guide.
By TristanJones
Halloween Undead wrote:
TristanJones wrote:Or, y'know, you could voice your support for it and let IDW know that you want one... If there's enough support I could probably repitch. Though, looking at it in retrospect, it's a pretty MASSIVE undertaking. I isolated hundreds of entities from the cartoons, comics, video games and toys, and drawing and writing about each one would lead to a pretty hefty book.
That would be awesome! I wasn't able to acquire the RGB or EGB variant covers of your work, unfortunately. I would definitely support/pre-order a Tobin's Spirit Guide.
Best thign you can do is email them and let them know you want me to do more! I may have some of those covers somewhere around the apartment too...
Halloween Undead liked this
By DefenderDarko
TristanJones wrote:
Best thign you can do is email them and let them know you want me to do more! I may have some of those covers somewhere around the apartment too...
Will it help if I just bother Chris with a bunch of annoying e-mails? I haven't had an art project with IDW in a looong time. It would be awesome to work on this.
By TristanJones
TexasBuster wrote:
TristanJones wrote:
Will it help if I just bother Chris with a bunch of annoying e-mails? I haven't had an art project with IDW in a looong time. It would be awesome to work on this.
Maybe! Problem is I dunno if they have the rights to do it. It was part of the problem last time... We thought they did, but someone else did. Couldn't hurt!

What did you do over there? I didn't know there were other IDW folk here!
By Troy
I'll second this - hey IDW, I want a Tobin's Spirit Guide! And a beer. But mainly a Tobin's Spirit Guide!
TristanJones liked this
By Morfeusoneiros

Looks like there'll be a New book along next year: Tobin's 2016

Tie in with the reboot or what do you think?
By BigTime72

Updated cover art on Amazon...looks snazzy

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker scen[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]