Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
This content received too many dislikes. Click SHOW to view
At the risk of further derailing the thread, I must clear up a couple things. I don't feel that playing a joke on the boards makes me a douche bag. Obviously at least some of you agree with me, as my posts do have some "+" votes. It was a harmless joke that was going to be exposed yesterday evening no matter what.

Secondly, I also don't feel that calling out FrancineStantz for being wrong about my pics makes me a douche bag either. We're you right to be suspicious from the beginning? Absolutely. Do you "expose" me? No way. What you were trying to prove with your analyzations of my photos and the subsequent posting of your own comparison photo was ultimately wrong. My photos were not doctored in any way and I had the same box, so you were wrong.

I have no problem admitting that the joke may have been a little juvenile and that I was figured-out by members I the forum, especially since I had planned on letting everyone in it last night anyway, but I do have a problem with you trying to take credit for it ("I exposed you"). Sherlock Holmes you ain't, so please stop acting like you did anything noteworthy.
Donkey8012 wrote:At the risk of further derailing the thread, I must clear up a couple things. I don't feel that playing a joke on the boards makes me a douche bag. Obviously at least some of you agree with me, as my posts do have some "+" votes. It was a harmless joke that was going to be exposed yesterday evening no matter what.

Secondly, I also don't feel that calling out FrancineStantz for being wrong about my pics makes me a douche bag either. We're you right to be suspicious from the beginning? Absolutely. Do you "expose" me? No way. What you were trying to prove with your analyzations of my photos and the subsequent posting of your own comparison photo was ultimately wrong. My photos were not doctored in any way and I had the same box, so you were wrong.

I have no problem admitting that the joke may have been a little juvenile and that I was figured-out by members I the forum, especially since I had planned on letting everyone in it last night anyway, but I do have a problem with you trying to take credit for it ("I exposed you"). Sherlock Holmes you ain't, so please stop acting like you did anything noteworthy.
Hay Donkey, back around the time the Ghostbusters toyline came to be in 2009, another forum member who I shall not mention out of respect and I played a similar trick on the community of mattycollector by posting pics of the ghostbusters in a Toys R Us, weather or not people liked it I'll be 100% frank with you my friend, I don't give a rat's ass, people on gbfans need to lighten the phuck up, a couple of close friends of mine have dubbed this place the cry baby forums. A job well done Donkey, your phucking awesome
I don't care, dude. I pointed out what was wrong with the photos. I was just having fun with it, to begin with. And it's funny how you gave protoncharger credit, when there were multiple people asking for the sku before him.

Again, I could care less if I get "credit". I'm just glad it's over and there aren't people traveling to the stores today because of your lies.

Your "epic prank" wasn't epic at all. And thanks for trying to make me feel small. It didn't work.
Last edited by FrancineStantz on August 11th, 2013, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
FrancineStantz wrote:What's it say when the admin condones something like this? You make something up and lie to try to get people traveling to a store to look for something that isn't even there...and that's considered an "epic prank"?

I've seen so much ganging up and putting people down and making fun of people on this site over the years. It makes me sick.

Francine, That's what a lot of people I know hate about this website, its a klicky place where 4 or 5 people who formed seemed to have formed a geek squad aliance check out posts and attack forum members for having different views regarding any given Ghostbuster related topic.
Ecto96, FrancineStantz, GNRGB and 3 others liked this
Kingpin wrote:Please keep the discussion to the products that are actually showing up at the Big Lots stores.
It's okay to "prank" people and lie to them. That gets you praise from the admin. But when somebody comments about what was done, you have to make sure you keep them in line?

I agree, let's stay on topic, but that should have been stated a while ago.

Just another example of what a joke this place can be.
ChapterMasterTu'Shan, Ecto96, GNRGB and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote:Part of me wishes we had some Big Lots over here, I didn't go for the 12inch figures at the Price Matty was selling them for online, but the prices shown above would've been very tempting... especially as those figures light up.
and the cool, thing is these 12 inch figures are actually in big lots! They are a great deal at 30.00, im sure there is someone who will be able to get a few extra and send them your way.

I lost all my Karma ? this whole system seems out of whack.
joeghostbuster liked this
By JoeLuna33
FrancineStantz wrote:
Kingpin wrote:Please keep the discussion to the products that are actually showing up at the Big Lots stores.
It's okay to "prank" people and lie to them. That gets you praise from the admin. But when somebody comments about what was done, you have to make sure you keep them in line?

I agree, let's stay on topic, but that should have been stated a while ago.

Just another example of what a joke this place can be.
Francine, If you don't like it here, you don't have to be here. You come here by choice.

I'm going to back up Kingpin on this one. Keep it on topic. The next person to challenge a mod after they try to bring a topic back on point, especially this one, will be getting a time out.
Donkey8012, ProtonCharger, Sutton621 and 1 others liked this
By AJ Quick
FrancineStantz wrote:Is this cool, AJ?
I'm not your mother. I'm not your baby sitter. You are an adult... act like it.

It was an epic prank. Deal with it. It took skill, guts and determination. It is for light hearted fun. Donkey probably should have posted it and let it go instead of continuing on with the prank... but oh well. It's over now.

Backing up Kingpin and Joe, lets get this back on topic. (At least before someone walks into Big Lots with a bunch of Stay Puft dioramas and takes a picture.)
Sutton621, AlTheRelic, ProtonCharger and 6 others liked this
AJ Quick wrote:
FrancineStantz wrote:Is this cool, AJ?
I'm not your mother. I'm not your baby sitter. You are an adult... act like it.

It was an epic prank. Deal with it. It took skill, guts and determination. It is for light hearted fun. Donkey probably should have posted it and let it go instead of continuing on with the prank... but oh well. It's over now.

Backing up Kingpin and Joe, lets get this back on topic. (At least before someone walks into Big Lots with a bunch of Stay Puft dioramas and takes a picture.)
Amen and amen to that AJ!!!, "On with the show, the show must go on" ~~Freddy Mercury
i cant believe how quickly the holes in my masters of the universe classics collection is being filled. big thanks to everyone shooting me a message to let me know who they have in their area and helping me get them.

im incredibly appreciative and the waves of nostalgia are nuts!
Donkey8012, Sutton621, EJLambert and 1 others liked this
I wish I could help you out, but one of the people at Big Lots informed me that someone drove all the way from Pulaski to buy up all the MOTUC stuff at our store.
By Ecto96
Hey no problem :) I just hope they're all accurate! lol, that's why I put the link to the website, too.

Don't forget about the doll stands I mentioned, I think that they would work beautifully for these figures if you decide to take them out of box. I got 2 of the Ray/egons. One to store and one to display with my other stuff, so I'll probably be getting a couple stands too.
I dunno bout the other big lot stores, but mine had only the Ray & Egon 2 packs and they were not on a end cap they were down the aisle, on the top shelf, and in their white mailer boxes. I was looking for the guys in the clear window with the Scaleri Bros packaging, but these guys were all factory sealed. I had to open a couple and make sure they were in there and I liked the paint apps. I'm not a 12inchcollector and these are my very first ones ever. It's just hard when you know you can purchase something that A. You don't have B. is ghostbusters C. Save $100 on D. Mint in box. E. Lights up. I had to do it haha!
kapitolp, AKluthe, elsoldao7 and 1 others liked this
I'm confused about the negative karma.............did one person's joke really turn this place that upside down? I posted (new?) info about white mailer boxes still on the 2 packs for my location and got negative haha wish I could them a kudos to feel better. Anyway, I'd like to add that today was also the first and only time I checked my big lots, so I can't say what or if I missed anything earlier this week. I know some of us like to know what skus are where and when.
kapitolp, elsoldao7, Vincenzo330 and 1 others liked this
Checked around the stores in the Spokane area, only 4-6" figures were received.
GB II Ray w/Slimeblower
Ready To Believe You Ray

Traveled to Coeur d'alene in Idaho 30 min away and found 6 12" Egon/Ray 2 packs. No 6" figures.

Simply frustrating how random these shipments are! You would think that each store might get an even selection of everything.
travisccook liked this
hugelostfan wrote:My closest store...still a drive...is keeping stuff in the back until room becomes available on the shelves. Asking if they have stuff in the back is necessary.
Yeah, my local store's manager is either keeping them for himself or wants to put them out with Christmas resets. He has them literally locked away in a supply closet, according to two different employees.

Either way, these are not nearly finished shipping. Another Big Lots in my area just got 8 of the big two-packs and a Labcoat Egon.

And just to clarify, NO ONE has found Peter/Winston, right?
Awesome to see they're still getting new shipments in. I had to scour through five different stores in the area before I found the 12 inchers about a half hour from me. That was a couple weeks ago, and I haven't done the rounds since. Maybe I can get my hands on a few 6" figures I'm missing.

Does that Big Lots link from a couple pages back not work for anyone else? I was able to get there a couple weeks ago, but now it's saying the deal is no longer available when I look on my phone. On my computer, the page won't even open.
And just to clarify, NO ONE has found Peter/Winston, right?
Not yet, I know in another gb network I'm in someone claims they are coming to big lots but I believe it when I see it.

We are The Best, We are The Beautiful, We are The Only Miami Ghostbusters
Last edited by Kingpin on August 13th, 2013, 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]