Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
campanawanna8090 wrote:with the help of my wonderful wife, i will be picking up 6 Ray / Egon 2 packs tonight as my local big lots got them in today and the manager was nice enough to set them aside for me. Anybody who knows me knows i dont sell them, i am a Ghostbusters hoarder. You can see my collection pics on here.

To the guy in Omaha, NE, please get ahold of me if you have not already found one. I will sell you one at cost as I know you have been in the area searching for one.
Wow, that is super-kind of you. PM coming your way!
campanawanna8090 liked this
By wxguy44
Hoot wrote:Picked up a retro Venkman and Vinz Clortho here in Port Huron Michigan. Last retro and about 8-10 clorthos left
Dang, I need Vinz! I think the area here is tapped out of GB stuff. But we are taking a weekend trip to the mountains, so hopefully some stores along the way will have some stuff.
By Gareee
No Gbs this week in Asheville, but I picked up a Moss Man.
ProtonCharger liked this
By wxguy44
^Which stores have you checked in the Asheville area? I'm planning on coming up there this weekend and wanted to check out stores on the way up. If they're tapped out, then that'll save me phone calls!
By Gareee
I hit the asheville store this week, but did not hit the airport or Hendersonville stores.

Both those stores though have had someone come by in the last two weeks and completely buy all the gb and masters stuff. I think a local comic shop or scalper is cleaning them out. Even one of the managers in the Asheville store has not been able to score a 12" 2 pack yet.

Good luck calling either store though.. even when I tell them I have a sku number, the only reply I get is that we don't have any in stock. They won't even bother to check on the system.
Just got labcoat and slime blower Ray. Not bad, seeing as I was expecting nothing.
Dr_Woodley wrote:be on the look out for props. my local big lots had the damn trap. i missed it by 20 minutes then found it later that day at a flea market.
You're a little late to the party on that one. Lol.
JoeLuna33 liked this
By AJ Quick
For those that are looking. You should really be calling before venturing out to search. Any store can look into their stock levels, as well as the stock levels of surrounding stores. Just make sure you have the UPC codes handy.

Big Lots are all supplied by distribution hubs. I believe not all distribution hubs are getting the same goods, or at least not at the same time as each other. Every store served by the hubs should be getting approximately the same amount of figures and goods as everyone else. So one store should get the same thing as another located nearby.

Hence the reasons why Big Lots in Denver didn't really get anything (YET)... and ones in rural Colorado did get them. They are served by different distribution hubs.
Ecto-1 fan liked this
By Rodimus
Only problem i have with that is tgat you get lazy employees who say they looked, but in reality they just put the phone, do something else, and tell you they have none in stock.

Or you call, give em the sku, and they say they cant enter it in for several reasons:

Im not a manager
I cant look up sku's.
Just give me tge name of the toy, i aint gits no time ta be lookin up numbers.

Then again it saves gas.
Zack, ProtonCharger liked this
Donkey8012 wrote:
Dr_Woodley wrote:be on the look out for props. my local big lots had the damn trap. i missed it by 20 minutes then found it later that day at a flea market.
You're a little late to the party on that one. Lol.
EDIT: Nevermind. I had been on vacation and missed the "epic prank."

Wow.

And that's not to derail the thread. I think its important that anyone who stumbles across the thread needs to know this isn't legit. The "joke" is over, but its not buried a few pages back. If someone isn't checking this thread every day, they could not know about it (like me) and then we're just going to keep going through the same cycle over and over again.
ProtonCharger liked this
Doctor Venkman wrote:And that's not to derail the thread. I think its important that anyone who stumbles across the thread needs to know this isn't legit. The "joke" is over, but its not buried a few pages back. If someone isn't checking this thread every day, they could not know about it (like me) and then we're just going to keep going through the same cycle over and over again.
ProtonCharger wrote:All they need to do is provide a reciept.
http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 19#p454919

You really cant discount anything, unless a receipt is not provided given the circumstances with mattel just about anything is really possible.

im working on getting the receipt.

as for calling them, i've had as much luck as i have dealing with them in person. not to be sexist in the least, but if i've asked a woman she says "no"/"sold all of them"/"what's that?" with out making any motion to help; than if i asked a man, who would look in the back and make sure. in person i've learned that it's not even worth bothering giving anyone a sku, they just dont care: either they have it on the shelf (or possibly in the back) or they dont. MAYBE that's just here though.
By toby88
Found 2 retro talking venkmans, also had 2 rtby rays at the cutler ridge store south of Miami. From my experience there's no point in asking the stockers, calling in, go straight to the manager. He even apologized for his employees lack of helping me.
By Spengs
Mattel/Big Lots! update for Toms River, NJ. Can't speak for the Brick location which is north of here.

Decided this will be the last time for now (unless I'm passing or need to go there) to check my local location which I knew had already received its GB and MOTUC merchandise. If they weren't done with those deals before today, they probably are now.

The shelves that had the GB and MOTUC clearance toys had been replaced with other Mattel and Hasbro toys. If you're looking for Cars/Planes toys at discount, this Big Lots! has you covered.

I didn't ask any employees this time about the Ghostbusters toys, had a feeling for this location its over. I don't feel optimistic that this particular location will get any more Matty Collector Ghostbusters toys.

However, when the link worked, the Freehold location hadn't received the deal yet. They probably have by now.

If someone has an extra 12" Ghostbusters II Egon/Ray set, I'd be interesting in buying one. May not be until the end of the month or early September.
By Spengs
A good friend of mine told me this afternoon the Big Lots in the Red Bank, NJ area had sold out of the Matty GB merchandise by the time he could get there. One of the employees there told him what they had was cleaned out by one person. Hopefully it was a fan, didn't sound promising. What can we do about that, nothing.

Same friend was going to Big Lots! in Freehold, NJ today which was the "mystery" about what GB merchandise they do or did have. He's suppose to let me know tonight. I can "check in" here again about that.

*Off Topic, but what happened to one of my karma points? If it wasn't a glitch, guess someone didn't like something I said when most of my recent posts contribute to the fan base.
By AJ Quick
Spengs wrote:*Off Topic, but what happened to one of my karma points? If it wasn't a glitch, guess someone didn't like something I said when most of my recent posts contribute to the fan base.
Karma is not a big deal, and you will tend to get down voted if you complain about getting down voted.
By toby88
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:I saw the ToysRus website has retro-action peter listed again for around 18 bucks.
I'm hoping to find other retro figures on sale in the store comsidering how much janine went down.
By Spengs
AJ Quick wrote:
Spengs wrote:*Off Topic, but what happened to one of my karma points? If it wasn't a glitch, guess someone didn't like something I said when most of my recent posts contribute to the fan base.
Karma is not a big deal, and you will tend to get down voted if you complain about getting down voted.
I agree with you, it's not a big deal. I'm not complaining, I was wondering. I see it was either restored or someone likes me. ;)

All: If I never I had karma on a message board, I'd be fine with that. Real life brought and brings more priorities then to worry about "karma" points.
Continuing with the side notes...

Might want to add Hobby Lobby to your list of stores to check.

My friend John picked me up the Ghostbusters Haunted Highway electric racing slot car set at the Hobby Lobby in Cullman AL, marked down from its original $109.99 to a much more palatable price of $44.00...

I suspect this is an individual store decision, and started not to even mention it, but thought if even one other person can score it at this price it was worth sharing.

Alex
By Spengs
Thanks for letting us know. I hadn't heard of this store before. We actually have two locations in Jersey. We do have a hobby shop in town though. I've been wanting to check it out, haven't gotten to it yet.

All: I just checked out there web site and while this item doesn't appear to be listed, the AMT Ecto-1A is. It can also be purchased from them if one chooses to.
Some other Big Lots locations near me got another case of the big Ray/Egon, and also a dozen labcoat Egons and a few labcoat Rays with the shrinky head.

I'm starting to see way more MOTU now. One location in Oklahoma City had Megator, a few of those Dentist things, and a ton of different character single packs.
The associate at my local store was kind enough to not only look up the stock of other stores for me, but she let me take a picture of her inventory screen searching for the key word "Ghostbusters". Since I can't attach it to the post I'll work to type up all of them. There are a couple that I didn't know had been out there (Walter Peck for example).

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]