Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By CaptCyan
Hey Gang!

While I was making Decals for my Kenner WrEcto-1B I decided to shrink some of them down to regular ol' Hotwheel size.

I started putzing around with the Roof Rack, giving it a quick base coat of colors and cutting out the Plastic "Spaces" in the lower half of the Ladder.

The Graphics for the Roof Components were too small at this scale...

...but I did make some Red Stripes for the Radome. I'll put them on after I'm done painting.
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this
By CaptCyan
Jake and Eeegs!

Thanks for the comments. I was just looking at the pics I've posted...what's up with the Blue Glass? Yeah, I know that it's one piece so if they made it clear then the Light Bar would be clear too. It just bothers me, guess I'll have to fix it.
By Jake LeRoy
I'm interested in seeing how u make the window glass capt!

Just a thought I wonder if u could tint the windows or if that detail would be to small to do?
By Jake LeRoy
Have u thought about vac-forming the glass with clear plastic if I had a hot wheels ecto I'd try it on mine but it's a big unit I'd hahave to build a smaller one.
By CaptCyan
Half a step behind you, Jake. :lol: I have an old Mattel Vac-U-Form that I'll fire up after I take the Ecto apart and try to pull a clear set of Windows. Only thing is the Blue Windows fit snug and the Clear set will be a tad larger all around. I should have some pics by tomorrow.
By CaptCyan
First attempt at a pull from the Glass was bad and not pic worthy. I used some clay to seal off around the bottom but it leaked and didn't form enough of a seal. I'll be trying something different tomorrow.
By CaptCyan
Jake LeRoy wrote:that sucks!
Actually, no, it didn't. :roll: I wrote that wrong, due to the clay sticking out too far, it didn't suck enough and the Clear Plastic wasn't pulled tight around the bottom of the buck.

I'll take a bit more time shaping the clay and do it again.
By Jake LeRoy
Good then there's still hope! I got to digging through my garage for my vacu former and relized I put it in my storage camper so I've got to move alot of crap to get it out mainly just a old bed but once mother nature quits pmsing lol I'll go dig it out. Tennessee weather sucks nice and sunny one day cold an raining the next lol!
By CaptCyan
Haven't gotten around to giving the Vac-U-Form a second try, but I did take the Ecto apart. and gave the Body a coat of Clear to seal the Decals.

I'll be painting the interior and adding some Chrome to the Spot Lights, Siren and the Fins.
By AlTheRelic
Nice work as always Capt, you and I might have had our ups and downs over the years but there's no denying that nobody out there has the drive to produce Ghostbusters related customs like you do
By CaptCyan
Hey Jake!

Haven't done my 2nd try yet, but I did manage to do some painting. Just need to touch up some spots on the Roof Rack.

I did Chrome the Siren and Roof Lights while I was at it.

I used Tamiya Clear Yellow, Blue and Red for the Turn Signals and Roof Lights

If i have time, I'll attempt another Glass pull today.
Jake LeRoy liked this
By CaptCyan
Never got to that 2nd pull...but I did do a little more painting and put on that Radome Decal.

Painted the Door Lines Grey to make them stand out and Silver Trim around all the Windows. Touched up the Roof Rack and put on the Decal.

Also gave the Rear Door Vents a light going over with Grey.

I really have to try the Glass again, I'm running out of stuff to paint..
Jake LeRoy liked this
By Jake LeRoy
I can't believe it's a 1/64 scale hot wheels just looks to good lol nice job on the painting there capt I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for a hot wheels ecto now! I just can't wait to see more on the fuji ecto-1a! Keep up the great work!
By CaptCyan
2nd time was the charm, I got a good pull from the Glass section.

It even released from the Buck pretty nicely.

Unfortunately, due to the small Scale, the thickness of the Clear Plastic made the new Glass too large, so it's back to the Blue...

...for now.

Awesome! It's a complex but very fun build... Went[…]

Just to throw my experience in there. I've bough[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]