Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By JackIvyGB
RGB!!! YES!!!

I got the dark suit christmas hat GB2 set from Toys R Us, and tan suit figures from online for the movie line, and honestly that's all I really need (plus all I can afford, haha)... BUT I WILL BUY ALL OF THESE!!!

As much as I'm excited for the actual GBs... I'm most excited for the villains. If I can get a Boogeyman, a Samhain, a Grundel, a Sandman... maybe a Ghash as well, then I will be ecstatic!

I also have a soft spot for the "evil slimer" from 2 Faces of Slimer, the were chickens, and Robo Buster. I could see them maybe doing Robo Buster, but I know the other 2 aren't likely, haha! Oh well, at least I have the evil slimer mini-mate. OH, People Busters would be fresh too...

...and I'm just saying, if they managed to pull off a sweat looking figure of the opening ghosts that you can pose as if he's marching down the street, maybe with a couple little trashcan accessories that you can put near him... I'd die happy.
By Kingpin
My predictions for the RGB line:

Wave 1

Brown/Green suit RGB Peter Venkman, maybe with additional Sniffer accessory.
Tan/brown suit RGB Ray Stantz Figure, maybe with Ecto Goggles accessory.
Blue/Pink suit RGB Egon Spengler figure, with PKE Meter and maybe Tobin's Spirit Guide.
Blue/Red suit RGB Winston Zeddemore figure, with loose Ghost Trap accessory.
Standard RGB Janine with Slimer figure.

Wave 2

Marshmallow slime tan suit RGB Peter Venkman.
Marshmallow slime tan suit RGB Ray Stantz.
Marshmallow slime tan suit RGB Egon Spengler.
Marshmallow slime tan suit RGB Winston Zeddemore.
Samhain.
Sandman.

Wave 3

Ghostbuster Janine (I'd go with her Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster attire, but I imagine most folks would go with her Mister Sandman, Dream me a dream attire).
Ghost Clone RGB Peter Venkman.
Ghost Clone RGB Ray Stantz.
Ghost Clone RGB Egon Spengler.
Ghost Clone RGB Winston Zeddemore.
Boogieman.
Grundle.
By YHSCraig
After the initial excitement I had for this announcement I started really thinking about it and I have a feeling this could turn into one of those half-hearted attempts into "pleasing the fans" that Mattel is becoming known for.

Some random initial thoughts/questions

.What if they announce a sub with a pre-sale condition and it doesn't meet the required goals?
.What if it's just a one-off 4 pack of the busters?
.Is there a chance that this could be a retail line?
.Are we going to be looking at 30 dollar figures?
.What if it's not figures and it's just props? (RGB trap, PKE meter etc.)
.What if Matty puts as much effort into this line as they did with MOTU (pipedream right?)
.Do they have the rights to do updated figures of the Kenner line?
.Could we see a firehouse/ecto at some point?
By Heroic35
I would imagine this to be a simple wave 1 RGB to match the cartoons and then we are done. As cool as the villains would be, I highly doubt any of that is making the cut.
Zack liked this
By CaptCyan
My guess would be something more like these.

Seems Mattel is really wound up on these things.

2014 Masters of the Universe® Minis
These little figures (with the collect and connect Minis Castle Grayskull®) have caused a big commotion. We’ll have lots of options for fans to fill out their collections:

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/201 ... #more-4510

With little to no articulation, they can pop out 2 -3 characters and keep the cost down to $20 -$22 a set. Collect and Connect Firehouse!:shock:
By below_radar_00
CaptCyan wrote:My guess would be something more like these.

Seems Mattel is really wound up on these things.

2014 Masters of the Universe® Minis
These little figures (with the collect and connect Minis Castle Grayskull®) have caused a big commotion. We’ll have lots of options for fans to fill out their collections:

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/201 ... #more-4510

With little to no articulation, they can pop out 2 -3 characters and keep the cost down to $20 -$22 a set. Collect and Connect Firehouse!:shock:
Hmm...I hope not. A mini firehouse *might* be cool but I'm not a fan of those mini figures with no articulation. Hopefully they'll let us know something soon.
By Kingpin
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:.What if they announce a sub with a pre-sale condition and it doesn't meet the required goals?
Then nothing happens... we'll go back to not having figures... peacefully, quietly... we'll enjoy it!

Hah. Seriously though, it'll then go the same way as the Ecto-1, the project will get dropped.
.What if it's just a one-off 4 pack of the busters?
In the grand scheme if that's all we got, it wouldn't be terrible, at least it would provide a nice self-contained display piece.
.Is there a chance that this could be a retail line?
I imagine Matty probably wouldn't bother with selling it in physical stores.
.Are we going to be looking at 30 dollar figures?
Probably very likely.
.What if it's not figures and it's just props? (RGB trap, PKE meter etc.)
A lot of us would love that, but it doesn't seem very likely at this point.
.What if Matty puts as much effort into this line as they did with MOTU (pipedream right?)
Then we might get some awesome figures.
.Do they have the rights to do updated figures of the Kenner line?
Unknown... but what would be the merits of doing an updated version of the Kenner line?
Could we see a firehouse/ecto at some point?
Based on how well the Ecto-1 went, VERY unlikely.
By JackIvyGB
As far as the look of the ghostbusters, I personally prefer Peter to have the dark navy cuffs and collar, as seen in episodes like Robo-Buster, Poultrygeist, Standing Room Only, etc. I think it's a better look, plus I'm just partial to that season (season 4) in general. The entire series is obviously full of great episodes, but I think season 4 had the best animation (clean, tight, deep/vibrant colors, loved the look of the proton streams and trap effects, the darker colored equipment (more dark navy and black than blue), the character and creature designs looked fantastic, and the stakes in each episode felt higher. It felt more focused and action packed, with bigger threats, thanks to the stories and the improved animation. And honestly, it doesn't bother me that they slimmed down Ray.

That said, with the "retro action line" Peter had the green collar, and blue equipment, so unless that was unique to them capturing a more "toy-ish" or "doll-like" feel, we'll probably end up with a similar color scheme. I did like that they used Janine's "Janine's Genie" uniform. I hope they stick with that. It's a look that's unique to her and isn't overly girly (like the one she wore in the Sandman episode).

If they did hero/villain 2 packs, that'd honestly be everything I need out of an RGB toy line. More than that would be amazing, but if 2 packs happened, that would work great.

-Egon/PKE/Boogeyman
-Ray/Goggles/Samhain
-Winston/Trap/Sandman
-Peter/Goggles/Grundel
-Janine/Trap/Slimer

Something like that. Then maybe a special 4 pack of the possessed old uniforms from Citizen Ghost ( basically just re painted or re cast in green translucent plastic).
By CaptCyan
dKiD Clue wrote:heard matty has a surprise in store
Nice, now we know what the surprise was...Egon with untucked pants. Woo Hoo!
By below_radar_00
CaptCyan wrote:
dKiD Clue wrote:heard matty has a surprise in store
Nice, now we know what the surprise was...Egon with untucked pants. Woo Hoo!
LOL! Good point. I don't know whether to laugh or cry but I guess I'll stick with laugh.
By Kingpin
JackIvyGB wrote:I did like that they used Janine's "Janine's Genie" uniform.
That was actually her "Janine Menlitz, Ghostbuster attire. Her "Genie" attire was white and red. :)
By JackIvyGB
Negative sir. The Mattel Retro Action figure had Janine in the uniform she wore in "Janine's Genie". In "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster", she wears one of Peter's spare uniforms after the team disappears at Rockafeller Center. Her red and white uniform (closer to hot pink and white), was worn when Janine took control of her dream in "Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream", and she also wore a duller pink uniform with a blue collar during a couple of season 4 episodes. There was also the episode when the animals of the city are possessed by the spirit "Raal" (sp?) and she wears one of Egon's uniforms.
By Gareee
I'm guessing we'll see redeco'd bodies with the same sculpt, either resulted RGB packs or just blue redecos of the ones we already have, and either new "toon" headsculpts, or just the same head releases we've already seen.

This would be the cheapest way they could do RGB figures, which seems like the route they are taking.

Since there is still talk of GB3, if I were a betting man, I'd say this is just Matty hanging onto the license hoping for a third movie mass market "goldmine" for the new movie.
By JackIvyGB
I bet it'll be a smaller version of the retro action sculpts. When they first released the movie line, we saw that they sculpted the figures at larger than normal size, then mass produced them based off those sculpts. If the retro action heads sculpts are capable of being used the same way, I bet at the very least we'll get appropriately colored movie bodies with appropriate sized retro action heads. I hope they would do new gear sculpts. One of the things that bugged me was the weird movie/cartoon half breed gear that came with the retro action line, not to mention the PKE that was apparently based off of the actual kids toy PKE from the old toy line. I have a little more faith in this line than it seems a lot of people do, but I'm also cautiously optimistic. I realize there's room for massive disappointment.
By mikegb1984x
Do we know if they are actually in the process of making these, or just messing with us?

I could see them re-using the movie line body re-painted. But Lets hope they make a new head sculpt, but Egon needs to be taller and skinny, and ray needs to be chubby, so I hope they make a entirely new body sculpt also. I would like them to be 5in and not 6.

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]