Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By JediChris1138
Does Matty Collector have anything lined up for the 30th Anniversary? Should we expect some kind of an announcement this year? Or have they completed tapped out of the franchise?
By AlTheRelic
I wish Mattel would give up the Ghostbusters license and stop holding our community in suspended animation, I wish anybody else would take over the line at this point
By CaptCyan
vandriven wrote:What about a petition to Mattel asking for a few more new figures?? Anyone think this will work?
This is what Matty thinks of your petition.

Seriously, go over to Mattycollector...

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve

...and look in the Forums section under Ghostbusters or better still, the Ask Matty Ghostbusters section. You will see that according to Matty, Ghostbusters is no longer a profitable line of merchandise, save for the few tidbits they still produce.
joeghostbuster, Alex Newborn, Zack and 1 others liked this
By CaptCyan
Already asked and answered on Mattycollector.com.

Subject - 30th anniversary 2pk release date?

pjthegr8one - Matty Member - posted May 14, 2014 07:01 PM

"Well?"

Toyguru - Collector Supreme - posted May 15, 2014 06:33 PM

"We'll have the final release date at Sdcc. It will be fall."
By DefenderDarko
the Mattycollector corner itself may be going away after this year. It's down to mostly MOTU products, which are also coming to a close in their current form.
By YHSCraig
Yeah and let's not forget how bad Matty screwed everyone out of that Ecto-1 last year. A close to $300.00 toy with a pre-order sales goal to meet with about a 3 week timespan. It was originally going to be from SDCC until November and was adjusted to beginning of August or something like that. That thing had literally ZERO chance of ever going into production. Such a weak move on their part.
By Rodimus
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:Yeah and let's not forget how bad Matty screwed everyone out of that Ecto-1 last year. A close to $300.00 toy with a pre-order sales goal to meet with about a 3 week timespan. It was originally going to be from SDCC until November and was adjusted to beginning of August or something like that. That thing had literally ZERO chance of ever going into production. Such a weak move on their part.
Still don't see how it would have beem 300.00 to produce.
By YHSCraig
Rodimus wrote:
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:Yeah and let's not forget how bad Matty screwed everyone out of that Ecto-1 last year. A close to $300.00 toy with a pre-order sales goal to meet with about a 3 week timespan. It was originally going to be from SDCC until November and was adjusted to beginning of August or something like that. That thing had literally ZERO chance of ever going into production. Such a weak move on their part.
Still don't see how it would have been 300.00 to produce.
Matty was assuming that the die-hards would all go after the often asked for Ecto-1 no matter what the price was, plain and simple. They would make a GIANT profit margin on each unit sold and hopefully would sell enough to justify releasing the Ecto at all. I am not saying that they are bad people, I am sure they are not. But the Hoverboard fiasco alone was enough for me to stay away from pre-ordering an Ecto sight unseen.
By JediChris1138
Let's hope we get a third movie. Then we'll probably get a few more nice things. Maybe they'll announce something movie related at Comic Con this year.

-Chris
By dKiD Clue
heard matty has a surprise in store
By JediChris1138
I asked in the Matty Collector forums about a month ago and a staff member shot me down and said it wasn't happening, but since then the ENTIRE THREAD has been deleted. Why?
By CaptCyan
Darthdono74 wrote:Check out GB Maximos FB page, I uploaded lots of pics of the figures and terror dog early this morning!
Thanks Double D!

Yes it is a (or the) Terror dog, but it's not from Matty. It's from Chronicle:

http://www.chroniclecollectibles.com/

It's a recast ( I mean this in a good way ) from an original movie used Terror Dog. See this post for more:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 90&t=37279
By CaptCyan
Are you sayin' a sheet ain't good enough for hidin' a Proton Pack anymore? Why, back in my day (SDCC 2013) they hid Ecto Goggles, a Neutrino Wand and a big ol' cardboard cut out of an Ecto with a sheet an' it was plenty good for us. What's this world come to? You young Whippersnapper! :lol:

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]