Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Birdz
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Hi all!

I'm new here but have been a Ghostbusters fan for as long as I can remember (I think I was 5 when i saw the first movie).

So yesterday I had an interesting experience when I went home to visit my parents house. They are getting ready to sell the house and have been cleaning like crazy and my mother was cleaning out the garage when I came over. She was about ready to throw out a sealed bottle of Hi-C Ecto Cooler when I told her to stop! I decided to save the bottle and clean it up... I figured I'd put it on ebay... maybe i'd get like $20 for it or something... so last night I listed it as a 99 cent no reserve auction and almost immediately had a bid on it! I was like holy cow, really? Then my friend on Facebook pointed out that a can of Ecto Cooler sold the other week for $2000 and there was a juice box that sold for $500 in June! I should have done my research! *facepalm*

So if anyone knows anyone who like this bottle or is a serious collector... please pass it along. The more money I get for it the better, I lost my job this spring due to an injury and every bit of money helps (I still need surgery for my injury, but can't afford it yet :( )

I wonder how much someone would pay for it? What do you think? here's the link:

EBAY LINK REMOVED
Last edited by Kingpin on August 4th, 2014, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: eBay link removed, photo added.
DRINK IT. I dare you. It could be the elixir to eternal life having fermented for God knows how long.
By Birdz
yup 12/31/95. I had just turned 11... LOL

I hope someone buys it. I just lost my job and I'm injured and need surgery... life is rough sometimes. Maybe Ecto Cooler WILL be some kind of life elixir!
I feel like this a good time to plug one of my favourite websites Dinosaur Dracula. It's a blog where a guy in his early 30's review things from his childhood like toys, catalogues, vending machines and ancient food. It's a humour site but his humour is very straight faced and bizarre.

Why mention it here? Well, he owns old Ecto Cooler and actually drank some of it. Check out the video at the bottom of this page: http://dinosaurdracula.com/blog/dino-dr ... countdown/ He's in character as his Haloween persona Madd Matt which is why he's wearing the make up and doing the coughing. His reactin to the Exto Cooler is genuine, however.

I tweeted him the link to the auction so its possible he's bidding on this bottle. My guess is he won't be drinking it this time. He also owns an ancient box of Real Ghostbusters cereal as well, which he talks about in another article on his site.
By Birdz
I've never had this happen before... But someone cancelled thier bid on the bottle... So it went from $10.52 to $2... I'm going to be really depressed if this only sells for $2 :(

How the heck does one cancel a bid on eBay???
VincentVegaFFF wrote:I feel like this a good time to plug one of my favourite websites Dinosaur Dracula. It's a blog where a guy in his early 30's review things from his childhood like toys, catalogues, vending machines and ancient food. It's a humour site but his humour is very straight faced and bizarre.

Why mention it here? Well, he owns old Ecto Cooler and actually drank some of it. Check out the video at the bottom of this page: http://dinosaurdracula.com/blog/dino-dr ... countdown/ He's in character as his Haloween persona Madd Matt which is why he's wearing the make up and doing the coughing. His reactin to the Exto Cooler is genuine, however.

I tweeted him the link to the auction so its possible he's bidding on this bottle. My guess is he won't be drinking it this time. He also owns an ancient box of Real Ghostbusters cereal as well, which he talks about in another article on his site.
That was a very strange video. Funny reaction to drinking the Ecto Cooler though.

Birdz...good luck on your sale!
Birdz wrote:I've never had this happen before... But someone cancelled thier bid on the bottle... So it went from $10.52 to $2... I'm going to be really depressed if this only sells for $2 :(

How the heck does one cancel a bid on eBay???
That's bizarre, I didn't know you could back out on a bid...
You can retract a bid for several reasons.

He's not blocked from bidding again either. In fact, if you retract your bid for "entering the wrong amount" you're instructed to immediately re-bid your intended correct amount.

Some people just like to screw with auctions or have a change of heart and abuse the ability to retract bids.
By Birdz
Looks like you are the high bidder at the moment. Would you sell the labels you make or just have them for everyone? I wonder if thats legal or if Coca Cola would be annoyed. I'm sure people have done things like that before though...
I got a very generous offer from another gbfans member (I'll withhold the name unless he tells me otherwise) to put some of his own $ towards the cost if I win, so now I'm back in the lead...we'll have to see what happens in the next several hours.

edit: I got outbid, looking at the bid history it shows alot of different user names so theres alot of interest, there is a half hour left, I wonder who will win and what the total will be. maybe they will be nice and scan the label so we can all have our own faux bottle, but I cant bid anymore, sorry.
Favorite William Atherton Movie.

"Die Hard" for me! Atherton's po[…]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]

I like the camo tint. This is the one tint I would[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]