Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
A couple of days ago Matty announced their 9/15 sale with all the items appearing in the shop. the GB 2-packs show up as coming soon with a $25 price tag for each.

I clicked through multiple pages to make sure that the price wasn't just a typo on the front page. It stays $25 on each page it appears on.

These were always talked about being $50 each and considering the Venkman figure alone sells for $25 this has to be some mistake but it has been this way for 2 or 3 days now without a correction. Just wondering if something changed that I haven't heard about.
I like that they still list the PKE meter on the sale but it says sold out. Maybe there will be a surprise quantity available.

$25 does sound to cheap compared to their normal pricing.
They were selling one figure for that price.

Maybe they've finally realized that if they want to sell these things they have to be fair about it?

(And then totally bone you on the shipping cost anyways).
I just saw this myself and came here to make sure I wasn't seeing things. I already have all the other figures (with the exception of Marshmallow Mess Ray), but If this winds up being their price I'll probably buy them. If they suddenly double in price, no way.
Hey Gang!

This has been mentioned over on MattyCollector in the "Ask" forum. All the new Matty Stuff will be for sale on Sept. 15th, including the Ghostbuster 2 Packs. The 2 Packs will be sold for $50.00 each. No early access unless you have one of their other Subscriptions.

The $25.00 Price Tag is a mistake made by one of their minions, who is most likely being whipped as we speak, and it will be corrected for the sale. If you wish to savor the $25.00 price tag, take a print screen. It'll last longer.
I'd still pay $50. There's no price on happiness. Oh, wait, I'm broke...

I just got caught in the loop of clicking "Available Now" between the pack's descriptions.
I'll still get them, I wasn't around when the others were released, good job Matty on advertising outside of your website, and I've been slowly doing the eBay thing.
At $25, we had a deal. $50? Ha.
B-Rad wrote:I'm still getting my hopes up since the price still isn't changed on there site. But it is matty we are talking about...

I could even see $30 for each set, anything more and it really just isn't worth it.
Ditto, at 30, it would be awesome.
I can see how it wouldn't be worth it for someone who has the prior figures. As someone who doesn't have any other figures it's not a bad deal seeing as for a full set of the old figures would be well over $100 excluding shipping. I think I'll grab a set once they are available.
hrdcordweeb wrote:I can see how it wouldn't be worth it for someone who has the prior figures. As someone who doesn't have any other figures it's not a bad deal seeing as for a full set of the old figures would be well over $100 excluding shipping. I think I'll grab a set once they are available.
oh yea if you don't have any of the previous figures this is a great way to get them, plus you get stands and the proton streams which the originals never had except 1 figure
joegianco wrote:I posted this topic 2 weeks ago and the price remained at $25 the entire time. Then Matty waits until the day before it goes on sale to correct the price even though they knew about it for quite a while.

Not cool Matty.
I don't really think when they corrected it matters. We all knew it was a mistake. Its not like if they corrected it a week ago that it would've made a difference.
Doctor Venkman wrote:I don't really think when they corrected it matters. We all knew it was a mistake. Its not like if they corrected it a week ago that it would've made a difference.
I would have agreed with you a few days ago, but it seems that Matty let a few slip at the $25.00 price during the pre-sale before hiking it up to the $50.00 mark.

This will bring you to the topic on MattyCollector:

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/fo ... 093578/p/1
CaptCyan wrote:
Doctor Venkman wrote:I don't really think when they corrected it matters. We all knew it was a mistake. Its not like if they corrected it a week ago that it would've made a difference.
I would have agreed with you a few days ago, but it seems that Matty let a few slip at the $25.00 price during the pre-sale before hiking it up to the $50.00 mark.

Then yea, that's a bit frustrating.
PssdffJay wrote:Damnit! What pre sale?
If you purchased one of Matty's subscriptions, you are eligible to make your purchase a few days before the "regular" sale. Their Ghostbusters merchandise hasn't had a sub since they declared the line unprofitable 2 year ago, but other subscriptions allow you to buy whatever you want before the unwashed masses get to the gate.
madhatter wrote:$50? Mattycollector can kiss the fattest part of my ass. I'll just wait til they drop at Big Lots for $20.
While I'd wish for that also, I doubt it'll happen this time around. Bet they learned there lesson from the other stuff.
madhatter wrote:$50? Mattycollector can kiss the fattest part of my ass. I'll just wait til they drop at Big Lots for $20.
Good luck with that kiss and the wait. I took this from the Matty forum:

"Toyguru - Collector Supreme - posted July 20, 2014 07:16 PM

There will never be additional Matty items sold at retail like big lots. This was a one time deal to liquidate pre 2012 product. Productions runs since 2012 Have been reduced to avoid situations like this ever happening again. "

Kinda sounds like he got this speech from Louis Tulley.
Doctor Venkman wrote:
CaptCyan wrote:I would have agreed with you a few days ago, but it seems that Matty let a few slip at the $25.00 price during the pre-sale before hiking it up to the $50.00 mark.

Then yea, that's a bit frustrating.
I just wonder if matty will make them pay the full price, either through shipping or some other means.

Love this post on the matty forums:
I'm waiting on ToyGuru to make a statement along the lines of:

"Hey GB fans! There was a breach in the ecto-containment unit that allowed some price ghosts to run free! Fortunately, our "bustin' makes me feel good" staff caught the culprits and put things as they belong. If you bought the new super radical awesome GB 2-packs at $25 each, you'll have the chance to pay the intended amount, or the choice to have your order canceled if you don't respond to Digital River in the next 48 hours.

We've got lots to look forward to, and the future is bright for GB fans! I have the power!"

Also somewhat related question...I don't see giz[…]

Hey guys I've been doing some updating and adding […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]

To repost what I said in the other thread: I don'[…]