its full scale. i used stephan's and sean's together. and im doing everything in pieces instead of one single model, though i can quickly make it a single model if needed. just thought id offer bc you guys helped me so much.
I made some endo parts by printing out and putting together papercraft then coating it with resin. A proton pack is a little less organic and rounded so I'm not sure how those straight walls would come out, but if you start with thick enough paper you might be able to get a hard and clean shell out of it with a little extra work.

By OzSpook
leader0101 wrote: would anyboyd have any use for it?

its full scale. i used stephan's and sean's together. and im doing everything in pieces instead of one single model, though i can quickly make it a single model if needed.
YES PLEASE!!

I'd leave it as seperate parts. That way, if you "fudge" a particular part you can always print out another ;)
By Gbass242
ThrowingChicken wrote:I made some endo parts by printing out and putting together papercraft then coating it with resin. A proton pack is a little less organic and rounded so I'm not sure how those straight walls would come out, but if you start with thick enough paper you might be able to get a hard and clean shell out of it with a little extra work.

:shock::shock::shock: HOLY SH!t-BALLS!!! :shock::shock::shock:

:crunch: Earned mine for the day.
Ive been hoping that someone would create a pep file for the proton pack. Pep work takes time but its just like building a model. And if you resin and fiberglass it enough it can take a pretty serious beating. Just take a look at the Halo costuming forums for an idea of what can be done with this method.
By Mr.Spider
depends on the amount of time and money you can put into it though ( halo builds )
By GhostGuy
ThrowingChicken wrote:I made some endo parts by printing out and putting together papercraft then coating it with resin. A proton pack is a little less organic and rounded so I'm not sure how those straight walls would come out, but if you start with thick enough paper you might be able to get a hard and clean shell out of it with a little extra work.

Are you telling me you built that arm out of PAPER?
By Marquis
Are you telling me you built that arm out of PAPER?
Now that's exactly what I was shouting out loud inside my head when I realised that he really wrote that this is indeed PAPERCRAFT!! :blush:
Any progress on this? I once converted a 3ds file into pep, it had over 100k folds. But something specifically made for pep is something I am definitely interested in.
I'd be interested in seeing what you've done. Although I have made a papercraft Proton Pack myself a few years ago, it's just not full scale (that doesn't mean it's miniature, but it's a good size for a kid lol.) and not 100% accurate, and didn't get that much attention. :whatever:

Actually, I've seen another guy on a message board doing the same thing, weird that it's just starting to pop up now.
Thanks! I worked hard on it. Still doing some tweaks to it actually.
Ronnyboy wrote:I'd like to try it out. I never tried the old Print out Proton pack, but maybe I can re-inforce this like I saw somewhere else. Shall be great to see.
Wait someone printed mine and reinforced it? Or are you talking about another pack? Either way it would be intresting to see how they do it.
I think I saw it some where on here, or another forum. I believe they used a mixture of spray adhesive, and used fiberglass or something on the inside. I really don't remember.

Also, have you made any more progress on the RGB pack or the Trap?
Ronnyboy wrote:Also, have you made any more progress on the RGB pack or the Trap?
Unfortunately no. I haven't done much work if any on the RGB pack, other than some design layouts. The trap, it's more or less done, aside from the lack of the pedal and maybe some 3-Dimensional parts. The handle part is really flimsy though lol.

On another note, I did figure out a way to increase the size. I have no idea why I didn't try it earlier, but if you print it onto legal size paper, fitted to one page, it's makes it at least 8-10% larger than it is now one standard size paper. No idea why I didn't figure it out earlier lol, but if it's done that way, it's roughly the same size as the Real Ghostbusters Proton Pack toy. Not much, but it's something lol.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]