By Seishin_Kibou
Before I tackle the barnicle lady aka Gozer costume I thought I would try the easier female outfit of Zuul.

This outfit took only a day and a half to create, including pattern drafting. Fabrics used to create this outfit were chiffon for the bronze/orange overlay and half of the sash then soft matte satin for the under layer. Elastic was inserted around the waist to help bunch the fabric and hold it in place.

The wig was bought of ebay from a seller I have used before who sells good realistic wigs that dont look like plastic party crap.

And makeup was foundation, eyeshadow, and blusher.

Photo tiiiime~~!

oh and sorry boys I've already got a busterman :cool: [Ode2Kenobi <3]

By ghostnerd
He's a very lucky busterman. :blush:
By Seishin_Kibou
Thank you very much everyone~ :blush::cool: All of your comments are very much appreciated =D

I hope that I can do just as accurate job with Gozer. Those barnicles are going to drive me insane! X_X I'm not getting the full red contact lenses because unlike Slavitza Jovan I wont have a doctor to take them out every 40mins lol That and they're so expensive and uncomfortable X_X So just normal red contacts for me~
By Seishin_Kibou
noslliT wrote:There is someone who owns the gozer costume on the boards I don't have the link to the thread but it had some great reference photos of the plastic bubbles

The one on them recovering the original outfit from the movie? Yeah, I'm stalking the thread in hopes for more pictures lol I would love to see pictures of the gloves if they survived.
By Nick Poppageorgio
Seishin,

My girlfriend and I want to recreate the Zuul costume as well for Halloween this year. Do you still have your patterns and specs from yours? Would it be possible for you to send me measurements and such?
By MrsRayStantz
I want to do one as well. If you can send me whatever you send Nick that'd be great.
By ode2kenobi
Seishin_Kibou wrote:Does anybody else think the buster lookes exactly like the rookie from the video game?
I thought that guy looked familiar when I was playing the game :P

great now I gotta order a Rookie patch lol
By Seishin_Kibou
Nick Poppageorgio wrote:Seishin,

My girlfriend and I want to recreate the Zuul costume as well for Halloween this year. Do you still have your patterns and specs from yours? Would it be possible for you to send me measurements and such?
MrsRayStantz wrote:I want to do one as well. If you can send me whatever you send Nick that'd be great.
The pattern is actually an original design that I drafted out so I cant easily send the specs over :blush::blush:
I 'hopefully' plan on making some dresses to sell for Halloween time. I just hope the fabric I used is still available.
By Nick Poppageorgio
Well I'd love to have one of those should you go through with making some for Halloween. One question though - with the proper measurements from a subject, could you tailor a dress to her without actually seeing to measure?
By Dark Jedi 1500
ode2kenobi wrote:
Seishin_Kibou wrote:Does anybody else think the buster lookes exactly like the rookie from the video game?
I thought that guy looked familiar when I was playing the game :P

great now I gotta order a Rookie patch lol
We are thinking of getting "Rookie" or "Noob" patches for new members in our franchise, But the reseblence between you and the cadet aka the rookie is amazing! :cool:
By Seishin_Kibou
Nick Poppageorgio wrote:Well I'd love to have one of those should you go through with making some for Halloween. One question though - with the proper measurements from a subject, could you tailor a dress to her without actually seeing to measure?
Yeah I shouldnt have too much of a problem as the dress isnt form fitting. Though it wont be til June-ish til I get them started as I still have studies and such. I'm afraid though it may be put up more as a bid then a buy for the dress. But I'll see how I go first~ Since the fabrics cost me AU$100 I need to calculate costs and such. Since I dont want too much loss lol
By TheRandalovic
Awesome work! Without actually stopping to look, the one of you on the couch could easily pass for Sigourney Weaver.
By Smits
Wow, that's gorgeous! Excellent job, it's perfect!

I'll have to show my friend your Zuul dress, as we're plotting to do the same for her for an event in August. I'm inspired!

Can't wait to see what you can do with Gozer. :)

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]