Action Figure Insider was the first to post photos of the brand new Real Ghostbusters Retro Action figures. Check out the image above for a look at the new figures. It looks like each figure will come with some great blue accessories ranging from PKE Meters, Ghost Sniffers and Ghost Traps. Expect these figures in early 2011, being sold at retail in Toys 'R' Us stores.

There is also a good photo of the Ghostbusters 2 Box Set that was announced two weeks ago. Check out that image here.
They look fantastic all together like that! I def want these bad boys and seeing the glowing green Venkman with the full gang makes me want him even more. Damn he's gonna be expensive on ebay! I'm guessing the traps gonna be coming with Winston again cos Ray seems to have the sniffer and Egon the PKE.
I'd still prefer plastic figures like in the movie line. But I must admit that they look really nice on display. It's a pity they used the toy design for Egon's pke-meter and not the real one from the series. They are so accurate with the new movie prop, why not with this little one from the series?

The new announced PKE-meter ant the GB2 4-pack look fantastic!
WANT ALL RGB FIGURES !

... also, nice to see the GB2 have been made more accurate, with correct color belts and venkmans pants untucked, hard to tell from the far away shot, but it looks like they even sculpted the lifegards, regardless, I was gonna buy em anyway lol
I want SOO bad to like these figures, but they just fall short. The only possibly promising aspect of these things, from what this photo tells, is the head sculpts. The equipment and uniforms are just not good enough. They'd be mighty fine for any child, but c'mon...these things are meant for us adults that grew up with this stuff. Bummer...
The GB2 box set, while an ideal way to collect the whole team in one go if you've missed out previously, suffers from lazy execution. The figures, with perhaps the exception of the belt details, are simply repaints. In fact, you can still see Winston's moustache - sculpted but unpainted. No slime blowers, no other new accessories. Fail :sigh:
I'll end up getting the RGB figures. As for the gb 2 figures probably not. They have not changed much from my gb 1 figures. It would be different if they changed up the bodies and threw on a slime blower on a few of them, but so far it looks like they just changed the pee tube color, added the lifegard, and used a dark gray paint on the uniforms. I know the outfits did not change alot between the movie, but they need to mix it up and not recycle the same molds. I doubt matty will even make some subtle changes to the proton pack either.
Ghost trap. PKE Meter. Oh dear grife, those are awesome.

Am actually less interested in the GB2 set after the picture in this article. The more unified look of the earlier promo picture (from Toyfare) was neater, even if Venkman's tucked in pants weren't "accurate" (eyeroll); him with gloves and noone else just makes it...off, somehow, to me. That only works with Ray.
inky_skin wrote:The GB2 box set, while an ideal way to collect the whole team in one go if you've missed out previously, suffers from lazy execution. The figures, with perhaps the exception of the belt details, are simply repaints. In fact, you can still see Winston's moustache - sculpted but unpainted. No slime blowers, no other new accessories. Fail :sigh:
A lot of action figures are repaints of each other these days...take a look at Mattel DC Unvierse Classic...they rarely do a whole new body unless the body waarrants it (like the SDCC exclusive Plastic Man). While the lack of slime blowers are indeed a disappointment, I say the whole set is a cool and neat idea that serves its purpose admirably.

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]