Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
By GBFans
This topic was created to leave feedback for MikeNelson1982.

Please leave feedback for this person if you have completed a transaction with them recently. Remember to keep things factual and relavent to the discussion. Do not comment if you do not have a reason to (ex. you haven't had a transcation with them), and remember once a comment is submitted you will not be able to edit it. We also do not remove feedback unless it violates a rule, so do not be afraid to leave an honest opinion!
By NHVenkman
I actually went and picked up a shell and bumper from Mike since he lives so close. As a newbie and first time buyer I am very happy with what I got from him. The shell will not fit mmm's Mobo but he let me know in advance. i know a lot of members are weary of new sellers on here. My dealing with him were nothing but friendly and helpful and will buy more from him in the future.
By mikenelson1982
thanks very much for the feedback i love to hear that people like the shell and bumper it took a very long time to build and years for me to buy the supplies to mold and make the shells i have alot more plans to make other things for the gbfans i would like to do a full size slimer made of rubber and foam and also more props from the movies and the game.
By erronius
Received the shell yesterday. Its a nice item. Thanks for the great deal. I love it...

Sorry about pic quality. But it's a really nice shell.
By tulsaecto1
I just got two shells from Mike..... and all i can say is I LOVE THEM ! They are great quality and will not need much prep work before painting etc. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM !
By Dreamstalker
I picked mine up today; as a first-time builder I couldn't have gone with a better shell. Even without any prep work they look awesome; he told me exactly how to go about prepping and painting it. I certainly plan to get more stuff from him in the future; great seller to work with.
By lovers
Received my shell and bumper today........... very happy with everything. Mike was very good with communication and has delivered me a great product.
Thanks mate
By Ghost_Hunter
I too purchased a shell and bumper from Mike and was pleased with them.
He is nice to deal with and makes a great product.
Will be dealing with him again.
By NHVenkman
I am sorry but I have to change my opnion of the shell, as a newbie I could not see how off the shell was for accuracy, now that i have been around a little longer I noticed things that were not right with the shell the spacer is way off and so is the plating. Also my shell is starting to come apart when its been sittig while I collect pieces. He maybe a nice guy but the shell is shoddy. Its nothing against Mike but the workmanship is sub par.
By ProtonCharger
you might want to reinforce it by doing a layer of resin on the inside then.
By NHVenkman
I have spoken with Mike and he has gone above and beyond about my shell and its problems, it may only be mine. But thanks, I am satisfied good customer service.
By NHVenkman
I got my new shell from Mike Yesterday and I must say it is beautiful. Also the resin pieces he sells are made out of a high quality resin, compared to alot of resin parts I have. Also Mike stands by his product. Do not be afraid to buy from him. Great seller a++++. He went far and above my expectations of customer service. Thanks Mike.
By jdeBroux
I ordered the 1984 Parts Bundle from Mike. The transaction was quick, painless, and the parts appear to need very little prep work. Fair priced, and they are cast solid Resin which is nice.

Thanks Mike.
By jdeBroux
I ordered the 1984 Parts Bundle from Mike. The transaction was quick, painless, and the parts appear to need very little prep work. Fair priced, and they are cast solid Resin which is nice.

Thanks Mike.
By mattman
Myself and other members of the N.E.G.B. are really pleased with mikes work. at first the shell didnt fit MMM board but mike helped me to get it fit ! parts are awesome solid resin and totally look great ! mike has helped many of the N.E.G.B. we look forward to doing buisness with him in the future !

thanks mike :cool:
By ironfist
Well, I met Mike and we talked for over an hour. I'm now the proud owner of an 84!!!!!! You could beat someone to death with this thing. Super heavy duty and nice sharp edges on all the details. We spoke about what else he could offer the GBFan and you might see somethings soon to help out some of the pack builder's on a budget. Overall Mike is a super nice Guy who wants to keep making props at prices people can afford.
By fresnoghostbusters
Hi, i ordered these proton pack shells before christmas and the guy said they would ship out in time for christmas for my niece and nephew. i did not receive the packs until after Christmas because he did not ship out the packs on time, he said he would compensate by sending me a Free proton pack kit. we have been exchanging emails since then, and he would respond with, I will ship the Free pack kit out. But i have yet to receive anything and he also stop responding to my emails.
I have recently just noticed that the proton pack shells are extremely thin and fragile and i am afraid when i start building the proton pack that they will break easily.

Below are the copied emails we have been exchanging since before Christmas.

Message subject: Re: pack shells
Folder: Sent messages
Hi, I was wondering do you have a tracking number for my package?

Thank You

:)
Sent: June 18th, 2010, 10:11 am
View message

fresnoghostbusters

Hi, Thank you for shipping it . Can you send me a tracking number?

Thank You
Sent: June 14th, 2010, 7:06 am
View message

mikenelson1982

Folder: Inbox
hey I got it I am shipping monday morn
Sent: June 12th, 2010, 3:37 pm
View message

Reply with quote Reply to message
fresnoghostbusters

Hi, hows it going? I was wondering if you have shipped my package yet and is there a tracking number?

Thank you

:)
Sent: June 12th, 2010, 10:50 am
View message

fresnoghostbusters

Hi, sorry about the job. Please let me know when you have a chance to send it out. You always do good work. I'm looking forward to receiving my package.

Sent: May 28th, 2010, 8:01 am
View message

mikenelson1982

I got your stuff together I just havent had amin to send it out. It will be sent out buy friday. sorry about the wait. I am trying to get a new job after I lost mine a cuple weeks ago
Sent: May 27th, 2010, 4:50 pm
View message

fresnoghostbusters

Hi, I was wondering if you shipped my free pack kit? If so do you have a tracking number?

Thank You
Sent: May 27th, 2010, 9:11 am
View message

fresnoghostbusters

Hi, Here is my address

Fresno ca

Thank You
Sent: May 19th, 2010, 7:20 am
View message

mikenelson1982

ya I can do you that up. what is you address?
Sent: May 12th, 2010, 4:42 pm
View message

fresnoghostbusters

Hi, I was wondering if the free pack kit is ready. We last spoke in December and you said you should have it ready by the end of January. All the messages we exchanged are down below.

Thank you :cool:
Sent: May 12th, 2010, 6:49 am
View message

mikenelson1982

ok here is the tracking number 0309 1830 0001 4691 3422 sorry i dint send it last night i got home at 3 AM and i was beat! as for the kit i have all the parts made and ready to mold i just have to buy the silicon and some more casting resin and i wil make atlest 10 kits to start so i hope by the end of jan to be ready but i will let u know when i am ready and i will hit u up thanks mike
Sent: December 29th, 2009, 5:35 pm
View message

fresnoghostbusters

Hi, thank you for shipping my order and thank you for the free pack kit, when will the pack kit be ready? Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR
Sent: December 29th, 2009, 4:41 am
View message

mikenelson1982

ok im bring them down right now to ship i will send the tracking number after i get back from work tonight
Sent: December 28th, 2009, 4:23 pm
View message

mikenelson1982

im sorry i got hit with work very hard i drive people to the airport and i work 14 hour days things got a little crazy ok the shells r done i didnt ship them yet they r going out in the morn 2 day mail i will send u the tracking number i will hook u put when i get the rest of the pack parts made just remind me when i post them out for sale and i will hook u up sorry again this is not my typicle shipping i just had to much going on an i need this job at the min once i start makeing more money selling this stuff i will be able to make it a full time thing also i when i ship my shell i make sure they look great so there is little work for the buyer to do like i said hit me up then i got the rest of the pack parts up i will hook u up with a free pack kit for the wait sorry again mike
Sent: December 27th, 2009, 5:20 pm
View message

fresnoghostbusters

Hi, I was wondering when you shipped my 2 proton pack shells and 2 bumpers, I paid for them on the 14th with paypal you said they would be here before Christmas I am disappointed that I did not receive them they are Christmas gifts for my niece and nephew, I paid $170.00 for each one a total of $340.00 plus $60.00 shipping. I would like to get them as soon as possible please. Thank You
Sent: December 27th, 2009, 5:53 am
View message

mikenelson1982

Message subject: pack shells
hey if i ship them together i can cut the cost of shipping down to 60.00 in stead of 80.00 my noral shipping i send them 2 to 9 day ship but they wont be there till after x-mas and that would be 30 to ship that way. but if u want them there befor x-mas it will be 60.00 to ship get back to me soon
By jessejames51
i recently purchased on of mike 1984 shells. it is a great, solid shell with not too much clean up and came with the holes already cut for the cyclotron and powercell. mike provided me with great customer service and answered all my questions. i'm very happy with my purchase and look forward to doing more business with mike in the future.
By WebChief
I received one of Mike's version 2 packs and one of his newest versions as recently as yesterday. Both are solid construction with the newest version being even better than the first. Now they are resin with fiberglass backing, very sturdy and they fit the MMM motherboard even better than the firt go around. Super pleased with the great product for an even better price! Can't be happier.
By ganthorion
I hate to say it but I'm another one of Mike Nelson's unhappy customers, here is how things went (the abridged version)...

2010-05-08 - I PM'd Mike about his shells and parts kit, asking about postage overseas (to Australia for clarification) and seeing if I can get them before the end of May/beginning of June (informing in the process that I was hoping to get it ready by the end of June).

2010-05-09 - I received a reply from Mike via PM with total with shipping, and stating that he can get it here in the requested time.
I replyed in the same day saying that I'll have to get some cash and send it on, which he acknowledged.

2010-05-12 - I send payment of US$325 to Mike via PayPal.

2010-05-15 - I PM Mike telling him that I sent payment (realized I hadn't let him know when I sent it). I also sent him my postal details, as I couldn't remember if I included them in the PayPal message.

2010-05-31 - Having not received my parts, nor any contact from Mike I message him asking for a progress update.

2010-06-02 - After still not receiving any reply from Mike I sent another message, an admittedly blunt message stressing that I haven't received any items, any notification that they had been sent or even a tracking number. This is the first time I requested a refund if he was unable to send me my parts in a timely fashion.

2010-06-04 - I finally get a reply of Mike, stating that he had sent me a couple of messages (which I never received) and that "I is going out 3 day mail in the morn will hit you with the tracking number."
He then sent another message a few minutes later about the updates to the shell itself and an apology for the delay.
I reply to this, thanking him for letting me know about the progress.

2010-06-10 - I PM'd Mike again as I still hadn't received either a tracking number or my parts. I waited this long because I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that he had actually sent them.

2010-06-12 - I get a reply from Mike, "simon I got locked up for the past week and I have your shell and bumper all set I will have tracking monday I all so put a belt gizmo kit in there for the wait sorry about this ."

2010-06-13 - I replied to Mike, letting him know that I've read about the 'issues' he's been having in his personal life, which he was he had been offline, and looking forward to getting the parts (although it would be tight to get them ready for the end of the month, which I had told him I needed them for several times at this point).

2010-06-15 - Still not hearing back, I quickly PM'd Mike again asking for a tracking number and a progress report.

2010-06-22 - I sent Mike another long and blunt message, again stressing that I still haven't received my parts, I have not had a reply for over a week, nor had not received any tracking information, as well as stressing that it was now impossible for me to use these parts even if he did send them before the end of the month. I stated that was I contacted PayPal about the transaction and once again requested a full refund.

I finally put through a dispute to PayPal after not receiving a reply from Mike for a couple of days (although I told him I would do it the day after I last messaged him, again giving him the benefit to do the right thing). After nothing got resolved via the dispute process, I escalated it to a claim. During this time Mike said I could keep the money (at which I hadn't received) and that he would still send me my parts. The last direct communication I received off of Mike was on the 30th of June, again telling me to keep my money and he'll still send me my parts.

I finally got my refund direct via PayPal last Monday, after nearly 3 months, and I still haven't received my 'free' parts from Mike.

And whilst I'm hesitant to immediately call him a bad seller, as I know a lot of people seem to have gotten their parts without nearly as much stress and hassle as myself, I cannot with good conscience recommend him as a seller (and as I still haven't received my parts, I don't know what the quality of those are like either).

Thanks
By The Stiff
ganthorion wrote:And whilst I'm hesitant to immediately call him a bad seller...
Don't hesitate! You are entitled to tell your story, and I appreciate it.

Any seller who takes that long to ship a product (especially when cash is taken upfront) is a bad seller in my opinion.
By lovers
Looks like a few of us have the same situation.........
I ordered a pack shell last december which i asked mike if he would be able to have it to me in time for christmas, he said that he could.
So anyway when i received it in April i gave him the benefit of the doubt as he told me he was having a few personal issues and that he would send me a free pack kit for all the trouble. I had no problem with this and he always got straight back too my pm's, this is why i left a good feedback post earlier. (I was just happy to have finally received it) Now im not whinging about not getting the free pack kit but it was promised to me.......... but still nothing. I had no problem with all of this as i thought it was just an isolated incident and i had caught him just at a really bad time but it seems like im not the only one..

Just to clarify im not sooking about this i just thought i would share my story. I am pleased with my shell and was pleased that his solution was to send a free pack kit, i have even asked about paying for shipping myself.
So i hope everyone gets what they have paid for
By Thumpernicus
Purchased 2 shells, 2 shell "parts kits", 2 "thrower kits" and 2 sets of tubing/elbows/resistors

Let me just say that I am extrememly happy with the quality of these kits. The shells are solidly constructed, all the parts have clean lines from great castings and most important of all... I got what I paid for in a timely fashion. Mike did not disappear off the radar for weeks at a time and kept in contact with me throughout. In short, he is NOT selling something that he does not have the time to make. I know he has had some problems with this in the past, but he seems to have figured out how to solve the problem and take care of his customers.

I have been a Ghostbusters fan since I saw it in theaters in 1984. If this pack is not exactly "screen accurate" I would never know and neither would anyone else except the anally retentative and, thankfully, I could not care less what they think. Mike, you have obviously improved your design and techniques over previous versions and I am glad I bought from you. Thank you!
By Carl Brutananadilewski
Sep 10, 2010: Payment To Karnivouris Creations in the amount of $63.00 USD, for standard belt gizmo kit.

Sep 20, 2010: Email sent to mikenelson1982@yahoo.com, to ascertain the status of my order.

Sep 21, 2010: PM sent to him, on GBFans, to ascertain the status of my order, and possibly order a bumper.

Sep 22, 2010: He writes "I sent it out yesterday I have been very busy with work this past week sorry I didnt get back to you sooner"

Sep 30, 2010: Sent an email to him about possibly getting a tracking number on my product, as it had been 8 business days since it was shipped out.

Oct 01-02, 2010: 5 calls and 1 text message have been made to the customer service number given in the PayPal transaction; all of which go straight to a "Not available" message.

I know USPS has been known to take up to 10 to 14 business days to deliver, I'm slowly becoming suspicious. I'm sure I'm just too anxious to get my package, and that it's still within normal delivery limits, it's almost been 30 days since I paid him up front. I guess we'll see if it comes in soon. If it does, then my only critique would be for him to better communicate with his buyers.
By Thumpernicus
Commo seems to be one of his biggest problems. It is sad, because he makes such good stuff. I have determined through personal experience that there are very few people on this forum that actually follow the rules for sales on this site. Specifically the rules that you are not supposed to sell something that you do not have readilly available and that you are supposed to ship in a timely fashion.

Unfortunately, Mike is not the only one who fails customers.
By Carl Brutananadilewski
Well, I don't mind, as long as he gets my package to me. But, yeah, a little better communication would help.

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]