This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By punkdude908
so, not all of us have the big bucks for a '59 MM, something close, or even a simple conversion of the car you already have. i had an idea, for those of us who either can't do a conversion, or like me, whose car won't support a conversion (i have an '83 Firebird, not exactly Ecto-1 material).

i decided to make a gb parking permit that hangs from the rear view mirror on the car. it was designed in the same format as a NY state issued handicapped permit, and to exact size specs. i'm still in the process of printing up the decals and sandwiching them on a flexible plastic template, to give it the feel of what the real thing would be like. i'll post pics of the finished product when its done.

here's what i designed- its in microsoft paint format, and i reversed it so it would be double-sided. stupid me only saved the one side, i might re-do the other side when i have more time. the below pic is in 1:1 format and would not require re-sizing.

By exo95er
That's something you don't see everyday.
By Chace
punkdude908 wrote:(i have an '83 Firebird, not exactly Ecto-1 material).
True, but there's always.....
By punkdude908
oh believe me, i;ve thought about it! my car is already black lol, plus if i had the ridiculous money for a KITT conversion, i'd rather just get a '59 MM!
By Mr. D.
punkdude908 wrote: (i have an '83 Firebird, not exactly Ecto-1 material).

Says who? That would be wild to see. :)

Any car is a potential Ecto if it's in your heart to do so. even an AMC Gremlin, (Also would be wild to see).
By Mr. D.
The Roach On Twelve wrote:Image

Sorry. New here and just getting around to reading some threads. :)
By Ketchum
If someone turns an 83 firebird into an Ecto...I'll kill them.
By Mr. D.
Did it hang from the mirror in the movie or was it on the windshield?
By Lewis Tully
I'm fairly certain they didn't have a Parking Permit in the movie... Which is why Ecto almost got a ticket...
By Mr. D.
Gerogia-fied mine (hope that's ok)

I left the expiration date blank until I get my ecto.
By Mr. D.
TSACaptain wrote:i would take the Goverment DMVs off of it though

Why?
By Borzou
I don't understand why the Ghostbusters need a parking permit.
By Mr. D.
Borzou wrote:I don't understand why the Ghostbusters need a parking permit.
punkdude908 wrote:so, not all of us have the big bucks for a '59 MM, something close, or even a simple conversion of the car you already have. i had an idea, for those of us who either can't do a conversion, or like me, whose car won't support a conversion (i have an '83 Firebird, not exactly Ecto-1 material).
I think it was just for fun. I personally like the idea. It's a detail I think would apply in real life if the GB were real.
By dmolson89
punkdude908 wrote:so, not all of us have the big bucks for a '59 MM, something close, or even a simple conversion of the car you already have. i had an idea, for those of us who either can't do a conversion, or like me, whose car won't support a conversion (i have an '83 Firebird, not exactly Ecto-1 material).

i decided to make a gb parking permit that hangs from the rear view mirror on the car. it was designed in the same format as a NY state issued handicapped permit, and to exact size specs. i'm still in the process of printing up the decals and sandwiching them on a flexible plastic template, to give it the feel of what the real thing would be like. i'll post pics of the finished product when its done.

here's what i designed- its in microsoft paint format, and i reversed it so it would be double-sided. stupid me only saved the one side, i might re-do the other side when i have more time. the below pic is in 1:1 format and would not require re-sizing.

that's a really rad idea!! never thought of that one!
    Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]