Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Derrico13
These two pics are technically Work In Progress......but I wanted to share them while I took a break (it's almost 6 am). I've been working hardcore on these guys for two weeks, randomly tweaking things here and there. (i.e. I originally had Winston with a foot for a hand, and alternate color eyes to compliment Ray, and explain where that hand-for-a-foot came from). They still need their army patches and backpacks attached, and I'm also making display bases and finishing the custom packaging as well (I wanted to make a better set than my RGB one). Anyway, enough of this rambling (with random parenthesis)

The first one is sans flash, second is with. Trying to combine the RGB look into the movie style line. Thoughts?
By CaptCyan
Hey Derrico13,

Interesting idea, mashing up cartoon universe characters into real world figures. That's really hard to do and I'm glad you're doing it and not me. :wink: The head sculpts look to be pretty spot on. I'd like to see a close up or two. I think maybe the green on Venkman's skin could be toned back a bit to match the cartoon better.

I think that the existing bodies are throwing them off . Venkman and Winston look good, but Egon and Ray need something else. In Egon's case, I think it's a bit jarring, seeing a cartoon skeleton on a real world body. I know that's the idea, but I think you have to tweak it more towards real world to work.

On Ray, the hand for a foot is real killer!. The pot belly busting out of his flight suit is cool but really looks like an add on using the existing real world body. Ray is too thin over all for that cartoon character. I can't think of a way to make the existing body as fat as it needs to be, maybe a body transplant with one of Spawn's Evil Clowns. I believe that would make this figure a real knockout.

I'm really interested in how you are going to treat the people busters packs. Can't wait for some new pics.
By ProtonCharger
i echo captn cyan when id like to have seen it translated to the real actors vs changing it to look like the cartoon. i know alot of work went into it, and the idea is executed nicely, but it just doesnt transfer very well.

honestly, the movie figures to rgb doesnt transfer near as awesome as the other way around.
By VenomSymbiote
Great work on these! I too can't wait to see how the packs turn out. While I do think these are fabulous, I have to agree with Cyan that the pot belly looks a bit out of place since the real world Ray is more stocky than anything. What about instead of a pot belly have his jumpsuit torn at the stomach? It'd expose his midsection and perhaps look more natural. Just a suggestion, as it's a better job than I could do by far. Keep at it!
By Derrico13
CaptCyan wrote:Hey Derrico13,

On Ray, the hand for a foot is real killer!. The pot belly busting out of his flight suit is cool but really looks like an add on using the existing real world body. Ray is too thin over all for that cartoon character. I can't think of a way to make the existing body as fat as it needs to be, maybe a body transplant with one of Spawn's Evil Clowns. I believe that would make this figure a real knockout.

I'm really interested in how you are going to treat the people busters packs. Can't wait for some new pics.

I love the idea of the Clown for Ray. If I do some Kenner style ones, that's probably the route I would go. I was thinking of using Marvel Legends Blob for a future 6 inch version, since technically the Peoplebusters are bigger than normal people. Ray's stomach is really supposed to be more distension than anything, just because that's disgusting. Plus, I didn't really want Ray to be physically miles away from the other three visually (plus getting him to fit back in the package). I have plans to do some real movie style ones, depending on how this set goes. That possible set will be pretty gruesome and hopefully cool.

Anyway, pic overload time:

I made the main tombstone to tie the look/package/display together, and it's two-sided (one in color, one in stone). I also made the personalized tombstone display bases to help round out the set, and I lined up the tombstones behind the names in the box. The backpacks have eyes in them, as well as random remains (femur in Winston's, jawbone in Peter's, heart in Ray's, bi-sected brain in Egon's.).

Thanks for all the comments and feedback fellow GB Fans, I appreciate it!
By VenomSymbiote
Why was there no Winston People Buster? I know he didn't get sent through the dimensional rip, but neither did Janine and there was an alternate Janine there. That always bugged me even as a kid. I have to say my favorite is either Venkman or Egon. I think the image that made really like Venkman out of these is the one where you tilted his head since in the toon his was always angeled as if his neck was broken. Keep up the good work!

Here's a challenge: Make the packs actually squirt goo! :p
By Derrico13
Fritz wrote:"Only at Ghosts R Us" Very nice touch. :lol:

It's always fun seeing the diffrent concepts for Peoplebuster Winston. Since they didn't have one on TV, we just kind of tend to go wild on that one (Myself included, of course). Yours is pretty damn cool.
Speaking of going wild, your Flip Side EGB Kylie is super creepy. Can we get that series on DVD? Also, I originally put "Ghouls R Us" on the package, but decided to swap it so the word "Ghost" would appear somewhere on the box.
VenomSymbiote wrote:Why was there no Winston People Buster? I know he didn't get sent through the dimensional rip, but neither did Janine and there was an alternate Janine there. That always bugged me even as a kid. I have to say my favorite is either Venkman or Egon. I think the image that made really like Venkman out of these is the one where you tilted his head since in the toon his was always angeled as if his neck was broken. Keep up the good work!

Here's a challenge: Make the packs actually squirt goo! :p
Laziness? It was bad enough he didn't exist in the Flip Side episode, but worse that they didn't introduce him in the comics when the Peoplebusters re-appeared ( in 3-D!). Also, as a kid, I was dying to see Flip Side Slimer.Based on the fridge scene with Ray, I assumed he was some super bad-ass monster, but I guess in the Bizarro sense he would have to be a human. Maybe Flip Side Slimer was a human fighting against the Peoplebusters? His name might've been Sam Limer or something....ugh....terrible. :sigh:
Back on track- I actually did want to make the packs squirt, I had plans for that. Capt Cyan recommended some small tubing that would've worked perfectly for connected the backpacks to hollow guns, but I couldn't find it anywhere near where I live (the packs are actually able to be opened, for possible future refills).
Doctor Venkman wrote:Very awesome custom, just like your work customizing the figures into RGB versions... You gonna be putting this set up on eBay too?
Letmebleed75 wrote:If there put on eBay, they will be mine
Yeah, they're going on eBay. All my first run customs usually end up there. Customs/artwork are the only way I'm making money right now, so I'll be putting these undead fellows up sometime after Walking Dead tonight.Probably sometime after my Grundel custom ends.
By VenomSymbiote
Wait wait, the Peoplebusters reappeared? Any place I can see a scan of what they looked like in that? Or was it one of the comics that looked just like the toon? I was never into the comics so I've no idea on this. I'd like to see a scan either way!
By Fritz
VenomSymbiote wrote:Wait wait, the Peoplebusters reappeared? Any place I can see a scan of what they looked like in that? Or was it one of the comics that looked just like the toon? I was never into the comics so I've no idea on this. I'd like to see a scan either way!
They appeared at the very end of the RGB 1993 3-D Annual, part of a story that was never officially completed

(Though some moron went and did an unofficial fan fic adaptation and conclusion)

It's one of the few issues AJ doesn't appear to have a scan of, unfortunately, But I did scan a couple panels a couple years ago:

Also, as a kid, I was dying to see Flip Side Slimer.Based on the fridge scene with Ray, I assumed he was some super bad-ass monster, but I guess in the Bizarro sense he would have to be a human. Maybe Flip Side Slimer was a human fighting against the Peoplebusters? His name might've been Sam Limer or something....ugh....terrible
In arguably the second sickest thing I ever did, in one fan fic I revealed the Peoplebuster version of Slimer as...Remils, a dumpy little human being swiped from some of the crappiest stuff Marvel UK ever did in their RGB comics. I haven't used Gozer's Scottish redneck cousin yet, though. Yet.
By ForeverYoung
You did a GREAT job mixing the two styles! Having seen the episode recently, it was easy to see you made sure to check the source material for doing these.

I don't know which of the smilies is the thumbs up icon...but I'll guess :roland:
By Knightmare10880
Those are incredible, I love them and those Real Ghostbusters customs are excellent too. Why can't Mattel give us Toys like that. I love Peoplebuster Peter the best of the bunch and those "proton" packs they have on are incredible.
By usmangekyoer
WOW!!!, this is one of the most "AWESOME" and "Extremely IMPRESSIVE" ghostbuster customs I have ever seen. It's a definite must "HAVE" for all RGB collectors. Please keep up the excellent work and wow, I cant wait to be blown away by your up-coming and on-going RGB customs. :)
By Derrico13
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Knightmare10880 wrote:Those are incredible, I love them and those Real Ghostbusters customs are excellent too. Why can't Mattel give us Toys like that. I love Peoplebuster Peter the best of the bunch and those "proton" packs they have on are incredible.
Yeah, when Mattel announced they were doing some RGB stuff, I was super excited. And then I saw the dolls. I get that the Mego style is popular from some collectors, and that it's "retro/vintage", but it makes absolutely no sense for a property from the late eighties/early nineties that had five inch scale figures. Granted, I'll still probably buy them, but I'll still be holding out hope for some 6 inch RGB figures. And ghosts......in general. Seriously Mattel, where's our ghosts? Where are customizers when you need 'em? Anyway, time for shameless self-promotion :

http://shop.ebay.com/ecroce122/m.html?_ ... rs Must Go

Auction link-tacular! And speaking of links....
Fritz wrote:In arguably the second sickest thing I ever did, in one fan fic I revealed the Peoplebuster version of Slimer as...Remils, a dumpy little human being swiped from some of the crappiest stuff Marvel UK ever did in their RGB comics. I haven't used Gozer's Scottish redneck cousin yet, though. Yet.
Do you have a direct link to the Remils stuff? And please tell me you have a drawing of Gozer's cousin somewhere on the Ectozone? Also, Marvel UK Ghostbusters stuff? Is it any good? I had no idea that existed until I read this post. I have all the NOW stuff from when I was a kid, but I didn't realize other comics existed.
By CaptCyan
CaptCyan wrote:Hey Derrico13,

I love the idea of the Clown for Ray. If I do some Kenner style ones, that's probably the route I would go. I was thinking of using Marvel Legends Blob for a future 6 inch version, since technically the Peoplebusters are bigger than normal people. Ray's stomach is really supposed to be more distension than anything, just because that's disgusting. Plus, I didn't really want Ray to be physically miles away from the other three visually (plus getting him to fit back in the package). I have plans to do some real movie style ones, depending on how this set goes. That possible set will be pretty gruesome and hopefully cool.

I wasn't even thinking of putting them back in the package, so excellent choice on the distended stomach. I hope you get to do a "real movie style" set. I believe they would be "over the top" by comparison!

I made the main tombstone to tie the look/package/display together, and it's two-sided (one in color, one in stone). I also made the personalized tombstone display bases to help round out the set, and I lined up the tombstones behind the names in the box. The backpacks have eyes in them, as well as random remains (femur in Winston's, jawbone in Peter's, heart in Ray's, bi-sected brain in Egon's.).

The tombstones are pure icing on the cake! You should think about getting into product packaging. I also like how the backpacks turned out. I was hoping you would have some floating eyeballs in there somewhere and you didn't disappoint. Sorry you couldn't find the tubes, but your substitute looks just as good.

Almost forgot!
:crunch:
By Fritz
Do you have a direct link to the Remils stuff? And please tell me you have a drawing of Gozer's cousin somewhere on the Ectozone? Also, Marvel UK Ghostbusters stuff? Is it any good? I had no idea that existed until I read this post. I have all the NOW stuff from when I was a kid, but I didn't realize other comics existed.
Unfortunately, I don't--I found out about most of it from ECTO-1's NYGB Comicguide site, and it went kaput when AOL closed down their hosting. He hasn't gotten it back online anywhere, yet.

The RGB backup features that ran in RGB Vol.2 and later issues of Slimer! (along with rthe three fill-in stories in RGB#21) were all Marvel UK reprints. You get a pretty good idea what it was all about from that--short, kid-friendly humorous stuff more akin to the show at it's worst. It ran about 193 issues, at a bi-weekly or weekly publication pace.

Remils appeared in RGBUK#22; as I recall, it had something to do with time travel, where Venkman goes back in time and meets Remils--who is supposed to be who Slimer was before he died.

Horg the Gozarian appeared in RGBUK#128. I really do wish I'd saved the picture of that guy.

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances d[…]

You guys are MUCH better at IDing stuff than I am&[…]

Reboot hose attached. And Still working out a fe[…]

Thanks for making this thread - was able to follow[…]