By RedVirtue
Here I'll be putting together my first Ghost Trap complete with Fast Trap attachments from the 2009 video game. It will come together at a snails pace because I'm also working on a Babydoll Slime Blower amongst other things. ;)

I would like to thank jackdoud for the screen captures.

Here is a first peak!

The first part I started working on looks like some sort of a pressure or power mechanism. I say that because it's the only part of the fast trap attachments with any knobs on it. It's likely used to control the amount of suction of the vaccuum attachment. So I'll refer to it as a Pressure dial throughout the thread unless "actual" names surface.

Here is another view from the top.

And here is the prop from the front.

Then from the top.
By RedVirtue
Dougger wrote:Looks great! You're off to an awesome start, can't wait to see this come together. :cool:
Thanks, bro! Let's hang again real soon. ;)
Dr. Ray Stantz wrote:Red, everything you do makes me want to shake your hand. God I wish I still lived in Cali.
Haha that's a nice compliment. When you're in socal again hit me up. :D I know I'll be going to SDCC this year.
By RedVirtue
Dr. Ray Stantz wrote:AND, thanks to you I got to go last year for the first time. Hope to see you there.
Ha! Small world. I had no idea you were the same guy! Glad I could help you out last year. ;) Hope to see you this year!
By RedVirtue
Tientetsujin wrote:That looks awesome dude! very nice detailing on the pressure dial. Let me know how the rest goes!! =)
Thanks bro! I'll see you next week. :D

UPDATE:

Here is a picture of the air-filter for the vaccuum mechanism.

Here is the prop.

Here is the prop from the top. I think it's worth pointing out that I purposly embelished the top of the air-filter. The image from the game calls for a flat circular red decal. I tried that and it looked stupid. It just didn't look "purposed" to have a plain red circle sticker on top of it. So I'm giving that red detail a little more depth and shape.

Here she is from the back. ;)
By jackdoud
RedVirtue wrote:The image from the game calls for a flat circular red decal. I tried that and it looked stupid. It just didn't look "purposed" to have a plain red circle sticker on top of it. So I'm giving that red detail a little more depth and shape.
It's supposed to have text on it:
Unfortunately it's the game-style text in that you can't actually read it. I'd just modify the standard "danger" label or else put an HGA circular label on it.
By RedVirtue
jackdoud wrote: It's supposed to have text on it:
Unfortunately it's the game-style text in that you can't actually read it. I'd just modify the standard "danger" label or else put an HGA circular label on it.
I tried an HGA label too. It seemed out of place. We'll see if I come up with something else.
By RedVirtue
Here is the updated filter done more accurately. Thanks again, Jackdoud for pointing out that pic.

Here's the label. :D
By RedVirtue
noslliT wrote:The "nozzle" looks like a vacuum attachment
nossle, attachment. tomato, tomahto.

Yeah that's what it is. Thanks for saying it looks like one though. ;) I had to scratch build one out of PVC, acrylic sheets, and paint brush bristles. Because I couldn't find one the right size and shape.

By RedVirtue
Thanks fellas! I just got Crix's Trap Kit in today. So I'll be priming and painting it soon. Then once I get some aluminum plates, details, and lights things will reaaally speed up.

Here's the fast trap parts sitting next to the Trap for a rough idea of where we're going.
By RedVirtue
Zander Yurami wrote:Care to share a parts list?
Sorry man, that's not gonna happen. ;) ...Nah I kid. I'll eventually get to a full list. I've actually been preparing for it.

Some of it is surprisingly simple stuff.

REQUEST:
Actually. I want to take the opportunity to ask the community if the light bar on the trap is still yellow in the game. I'm pretty sure it would be. I would check myself but my 360 has been busted for a year now.
By jackdoud
RedVirtue wrote:REQUEST:
Actually. I want to take the opportunity to ask the community if the light bar on the trap is still yellow in the game. I'm pretty sure it would be.
Never seen lit on the fast trap AFAIK but the slam dunk trap has a yellow bar so you're probably good.

By Interceptor9C1
good stuff. the filter looks to be a bit on the big side though. If you wanted a smaller one, in the "performance" section of some auto parts stores they sell a small cone shape breather filter for imports.
By RedVirtue
jackdoud wrote:
Never seen lit on the fast trap AFAIK but the slam dunk trap has a yellow bar so you're probably good.

GTK. Thanks!
Interceptor9C1 wrote:good stuff. the filter looks to be a bit on the big side though. If you wanted a smaller one, in the "performance" section of some auto parts stores they sell a small cone shape breather filter for imports.
Not a bad idea. This was the smallest I found in a hardware store. I'll make a quick stop to see what I find. Keep in mind the vaccuum attachment will sit higher, so there will be room to slide the filter back. So it wont stick out as much as it does in the pic of them just sitting next to the trap. ;) But yes it can be a lil shorter. :D

By Nicholszz
This is amazing.
Can't wait to see the finished version!
By RedVirtue
Haha! Thanks both of you. :lol:

More pics will be up soon!

I will say that working on video game props has shown me one thing. There are a lot of in-game, rendered, and promotional art that depicts the props in different scales, and with different details. Talking about the ghost trap I noticed this piece of promotional art that caught my eye for one detail.

In this promotional piece the trap has a red bar in the back just about where a decal would usually sit. Now as far as I know this detail isn't in-game, and I honestly have no idea if's it's in any of the rendered cinemas or loading screens. But I just might play with this... and add the decal below it. ;) It may add a little extra flare.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]