Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
I ordered my GB copies so I'm waiting on them, but so far all of Infestation has been utterly disappointing. The set-up had potential, but there's been no actual property crossing over like IDW touted, and so far the individual minis have been poorly done. Star Trek was marginally the best out of the three so far. Even the zombies aren't consistent between the books.
Josh Foote wrote:I picked up cover A, Cover B and Cover RIA

They didn't have cover RIB.

Were there any other covers besides those 4 for #1?

No, that's it. But the Retailer Incentive B cover has multiple versions, and I'm assuming that some of(if not all) of the sketches from the Sketchbook are versions of it (since the inside cover shows the RI B cover with Dapper Dan's Peoplebusters sketch). I can't find any definitive information on where/when the RI B covers are shipping, so I guess it's just a waiting game at this point. If anyone here that's worked on the book knows, please enlighten us :) !
is that 1 per 25 ordered?

Because if not, maybe we all can pool together and have 1 person's comic shop order all the copies for us. This will put the order over 25 copies and allow us access to the RI B covers.
Here's the thing with comic books though guys, AS SOON as you see the previews pop-up online -- you HAVE to go to the local comic shops straight away and pre-order them, otherwise your stores aren't guaranteed to be carrying them, and the sales figures for the comics don't read the way they should. If everyone preordered back when this thing was first teased/announced, not only would you have been guaranteed a copy, but the figures would actually show the way they deserve to (comic sales figures only factor in the number of pre-orders each retailer puts in).

Regardless, I thought this was the best of the Ghostbusters books so far, with Dan's issue not too far behind. Review up over here: http://t.co/hGFvwqf
Josh Foote wrote:is that 1 per 25 ordered?

Because if not, maybe we all can pool together and have 1 person's comic shop order all the copies for us. This will put the order over 25 copies and allow us access to the RI B covers.
Yeah, it's one per 25, that's where the incentive ratio comes into play (like RI A is 1:10, the store gets one for every ten regular copies ordered). And the time window is, it's usually just the initial orders that have the incentives sent out. Like GhstbstrLMLIII said, it's probably secondary market time for most of us.
ECT0-1 wrote:but there's been no actual property crossing over like IDW touted
They did clarify that the Trek, Joe, GB and TF universes would not be spilling into each other.

I really, really liked it. Having seen a whole issue of Hotz's makes me want more (which is good, as there's a second issue to follow)... but I could happily have more than two comics done in his style, dark and brooding (in similar veins to what made 88MPH's Legion so good), but also nicely stylised... and as one reviewer mentioned, these are quite possibly some of the most "actor accurate" likenesses.

The writing was also good, some nice bits of banter between the Ghostbusters, and a good handle of the characters. I especially loved Janine's scenes.

So far this is easily prooving my favourite story from the Infestation event, with the Star Trek installment coming in second. I'm yet to reach a full feeling on G.I.Joe... but so far the art and story are prooving disappointing.

Definitely looking forward to Ghostbusters: Infestation #2.
Gonna have to agree and say it's the best GB IDW's done yet. This one hit all the right notes, with the right blend of comedy and "horror." A few of Peter's one-liners were rather lame, but knowing from experience writing a consistently funny wiseass is no easy task for 22-pages. The artwork is LEAGUES better than THE OTHER SIDE, but I'm not a fan of the heavy inking done to it. Gives it a sloppy and gritty appearance (I prefer nice, clean lines with heavy shading for effect when needed), but fortunately not so much as to diminish from the overall enjoyment. I liked the way they used their new ghost threat in conjunction with the zombies, although they have yet to meet mastermind Britt yet. This has officially surpassed Trek as the best Infestation mini, and hopefully will finish as strong as it started. Though, one thing you have to wonder is how did Stay Puft get into the containment unit since this is the movie-verse and he done got blowed up. I eagerly await the answers in #2.
Today, I bought Ghostbusters: Infestation #1 Covers A, B, and RI A. Great story so far. Overall among all IDW ones, it comes in as my second favorite. Erik Burnham captured the voices of the characters very well. You could tell it was written by a fan. The Janine-Peter-Egon scene was a win in my book.

It was neat seeing a few movie references; Peter referring to spores, referring to trying to drill a hole in his head, and stripping off the slimed uniforms. But among all the references, what was the "MacDougall" one about? The will o' the wisp convo had me laughing but poor dude. Peter's Black Slime nickname was a neat callback to The Video Game, if that was the intention.

Neat idea that zombies can serve as biological containment units and the Egonspeak, "ionized necrotic matter." Another interesting concept were the canine poltergeists, differing from the types that appeared in RGB, they did bring up a great plot point about the Containment Unit and its viability in keeping all entities incarcerated.
ECT0-1 wrote:Though, one thing you have to wonder is how did Stay Puft get into the containment unit since this is the movie-verse and he done got blowed up. I eagerly await the answers in #2.
All that splattered marshmallow had to go somewhere. ;)
I orignally had planned to only read the Ghostbusters issues to Infestation. But last minute decided to read the whole thing, I must say that I have found the stories to very entertaining. My only complaint is that the stories are too short and that the proble could have been further explored. I'd have to say that GI Joe is my least favorite of the run thus far. Star Trek managed to capture the feel of the original series quite well I think, Transformers seemed to run from continuity already established in previous Transformers comics. But definantly the best is the Ghostbusters issue and I too anxiously await the next issue.
Some answers....

MacDougall refers to Duncan MacDougall, who theorized that the soul had weight (21 grams.) He did some interesting experiments in that area.

As to Stay Puft in containment? Well, I do have a "movie-ish" explanation for that that I didn't have the space to pop into this script, so I let it lie. Reactions thus far have ranged from happy (considering it as an RGB reference) to really, really angry (couple of folks don't like any blending of the various iterations, actual or accidental.)
For what it's worth, the cartoon never expalined how Stay Puft was in the ECU either. There's been a few fan theories (I came up with one myself) but never anything "official".
Reactions thus far have ranged from happy (considering it as an RGB reference) to really, really angry (couple of folks don't like any blending of the various iterations, actual or accidental.)
Ignore the latter. :P

I'm writing a more comprehensive review I hope to have up tommorow.
Erik Burnham wrote:Some answers....

MacDougall refers to Duncan MacDougall, who theorized that the soul had weight (21 grams.) He did some interesting experiments in that area.

As to Stay Puft in containment? Well, I do have a "movie-ish" explanation for that that I didn't have the space to pop into this script, so I let it lie. Reactions thus far have ranged from happy (considering it as an RGB reference) to really, really angry (couple of folks don't like any blending of the various iterations, actual or accidental.)
Thanks, I remember there was a movie of the same name based on that theory a few years back. Makes total sense now!
Fritz wrote:For what it's worth, the cartoon never explained how Stay Puft was in the ECU either. There's been a few fan theories (I came up with one myself) but never anything "official".
I thought it was the best and most efficient theory. Without Gozer, its jolly and child-like just like its namesake character.

But if I were allowed to throw in my two cents, I'd add the City & County probably ignored Egon's instructions on proper disposal (sound familiar?) and gathered all the destructor residue and left it all sitting at one of NY's garbage dumps where it re-congealed. The City & County panics and calls the Ghostbusters for help. The notion of using multiple traps to trap him, which only happened in "Cry Uncle," was a neat strategy, I think the RGB used only once more in the "Ain't NASA-sarily So" episode. But I digress. :sigh:
A very solid product. The story was good and left me wanting more. The art is good, and the characters are very well done.

I too would be very interested to hear the theory behind Stay-Puft being in the containment unit. And the dork in me would like to know
This Post Contains Spoilers
I haven't read any of the other series yet - I'm waiting to just pick them up as trade-paperbacks, but it fits really well in the GB universe.

I still personally wish that IDW wouldn't rely on alternate covers to sell their products, but not enough that I don't have the 2 regulars and the blank RI. Has anyone seen one of the RI-B covers for sale?
Being of the mindset that Ghostbusters is Ghostbusters and Real Ghostbusters is Real Ghostbusters the idea of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man (or whats left of him) being kept in containment is one of the few cross cannon ideas that I agree with. You could make the argument that any and all ectoplasmic material works on the same logic as the mood slime or other various types of slime featured in the GB universes, in that they're all rechargeable PKE batteries and that even something that has been rendered inert (like the remains of stay puft) would over time suck up all the ambient PKE around it until as RGB-gon said "literally got up and walked away".

I don't think it'd be kept in the ECU proper, considering its just a holding cell for PKE, but probably in some type of PKE proof sarcophagus until there was a safe way to dispose of the material.

I haven't gotten to read the book yet Erik, but congrats on having the best of the Infestation bunch apparently.
Fritz Babbles about Ghostbusters: Infestation #1

(Two days later than I'd hoped. Oops)

"I hate zombies. They have lousy teeth"
--Buster the Ghost

First, a note that I have not read any of the other Infestation books. So consider this pretty much a review of the work on it's own merits as a Ghostbusters story.

The Good:
The Bad: (Please note how much shorter this section is :) )
The Ugly:
To address the bad (I can't help myself!)
Again, this is why I love it that now the fans and creative team can interact and clarifications can be given on things that the fans wished to know more on.

Just one more week to go 'til Ghostbusters: Infestation #2.
Kingpin wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote:Newsarama posted a preview of #2. It's the first couple pages.
I broke out in the biggest grin I've had for a while upon seeing what was on page 3 of the preview. :)

Agreed.
Kingpin wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote:Newsarama posted a preview of #2. It's the first couple pages.
I broke out in the biggest grin I've had for a while upon seeing what was on page 3 of the preview. :)

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]