These are models that I built at various times over the past few years. They aren't perfect by any means and they're the only models that I've ever built.

The first car was the result of me tearing up a Polar Lights model really bad, not much time was taken to make/paint it.

On the Ecto-1, the only thing I may do to it is replace the antenna with a real wire like 1A has. I'm also cleaning up the door lines.

With Ecto-1A, I tried using water slide decals for the first time and it shows, probably gonna redo some of decals on the roof rack.

The Video Game car pics were actually taken a few months before the game came out. As it sits right now all the Call Us/caution stripes/ we believe you decals have been stripped and I'm going to apply some that are clearer and not so pixelated. The Muon trap decals say "Warning Muon Radiation Stay Back 25 Feet". Since the pics were taken I also painted the front grill like the others and did the door jams/lines.

Anyway here they are, enjoy!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by slaysghosts on March 2nd, 2012, 12:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By elsoldao7
Very nice!
I'm between re-working my Ecto & starting a "pre"-Ecto. I also have the Ecto-1A still in the box.
By slaysghosts
Ecto-1B updates finally added:
Enjoy!

And some group shots just for fun:

So, I pretty much replaced all the decals on the 1B (remember guys I built that thing BEFORE the game came out!)
and did the front grille. Might do some black slime residue on it in some of the rough paint spots......we'll see...
These models are incredible but what I'd really like to know is what website you used to upload all these fantastic images!
I am brushing up for the AMT re-release this summer, so I bring you my Ecto-1A from the first post w/ some updates. I re-painted the lightbars w/ clear paints, tried my hand at bare metal foil for the hood trim & windshield trim, & I added some warning decals on the roof.

Enjoy:

Looks great!
I'm waiting on a new airbrush compressor to redo my Ecto-1 & finally start the 1-A that's still in the box. But before that I'm planning on doing a pre-ecto diorama, after I get through some half done projects I'm working on.
elsoldao7 wrote:Looks great!
I'm waiting on a new airbrush compressor to redo my Ecto-1 & finally start the 1-A that's still in the box. But before that I'm planning on doing a pre-ecto diorama, after I get through some half done projects I'm working on.
Thanks man! Believe it or not, I downloaded that papercraft diorama you used and put it in photoshop, but couldn't get the right results. Good luck w/ the 1A, I'm gonna have some awesome custom decals for that model here soon.
ilikerossi wrote:Was it just like cut out tin foil that you used for the trim?
It's very very thin foil that you peel off and stick to the model. Then you rub it w/ a q-tip and the friction makes it stick to the model surface, next you take an xacto knife and cut the edges off. "Bare Metal Foil" is the brand name.
CaptCyan wrote:Hey Slay,

Nice foil job you did! :nicejobyoudid: It really kicks up the level of detail on your model.
Thanks Capt, I just found out that there is "Matte" foil! So......I'll use the shiny chrome on the hood, door handles, red fins, & front windshield then use the new "Matte" on the rest of the windows/trim. Should come out 100% accurate then!
Trimaxuim wrote:Great work! I love looking at models like this, I get a sense that you enjoyed building them.
Thank you & welcome to GBFans! Pretty cool your first post was about my models, thanks again! I had a blast w/ them, remember the 1A is being re-released later this year, get one and have fun yourself!
I wish I still had my Ecto 1A that I did back in the mid to late 90s, I actually fixed some of the errors that were on the model mainly the wheels/tires. the rims are 'almost' correct as in the real wheels were white with 4 slots with chrome 'mini' baby moon center caps, mounted on BF Goodwrench Radial T/A tires (with white lettering). well the tires were in MOST 80s and early 90s AMT (and older MPC) scale model cars. and I found a set of correct rims with separate chrome mini baby moon caps in a 1958 Corvette kit from Monogram. while the rims are hard to get just swapping the Goodyear tires with the BFG T/A tires with the lettering painted with white acrylic paint (enamel paint wont dry or cure when applied to model car tires), will make ALL the difference. if you are interested I am sure I have an extra set of tires in my box of extra parts from various builds.

:cool:
Rather than necropost in the Ecto-1B thread for the video game, I think I'll ask here:

What's the wording for the decal on the big silver can that's nestled between the radome mast and the sniffer assembly?
Dave McFly wrote:I wish I still had my Ecto 1A that I did back in the mid to late 90s, I actually fixed some of the errors that were on the model mainly the wheels/tires. the rims are 'almost' correct as in the real wheels were white with 4 slots with chrome 'mini' baby moon center caps, mounted on BF Goodwrench Radial T/A tires (with white lettering). well the tires were in MOST 80s and early 90s AMT (and older MPC) scale model cars. and I found a set of correct rims with separate chrome mini baby moon caps in a 1958 Corvette kit from Monogram. while the rims are hard to get just swapping the Goodyear tires with the BFG T/A tires with the lettering painted with white acrylic paint (enamel paint wont dry or cure when applied to model car tires), will make ALL the difference. if you are interested I am sure I have an extra set of tires in my box of extra parts from various builds.

:cool:
Awesome thanks! I'll have to PM you about the wheels & see if the offer is still there after the model comes back out.......I may very well be interested, thanks again.
RichLather wrote:Rather than necropost in the Ecto-1B thread for the video game, I think I'll ask here:

What's the wording for the decal on the big silver can that's nestled between the radome mast and the sniffer assembly?
Those are custom decals I just made up......(grabs model).......I put "MUON TRAP STAY BACK 25 FEET" & "KEEP CLEAR MUON RADIATION PRESENT"
slaysghosts wrote: Awesome thanks! I'll have to PM you about the wheels & see if the offer is still there after the model comes back out.......I may very well be interested, thanks again.
alas I do not have any of the 'rims' but the tires, yeah I have quite a few of them floating around, here is a nice tip to make the Ecto 1A rims look good, leave them chrome but paint the areas that are not in the middle white and using a fine tip black pen draw in the four 'slots' that are on the rims of the real car. but having the correct tires with the white lettering will look a lot better than the SKINNY Goodyears that came in the kit ;).
By btnkdrms
slaysghosts wrote:Ecto-1B updates finally added:
Enjoy!
Thanks for the use of your Ecto-1B!

I get a great many compliments about the box design and your Ecto-1B.

Thank You!
    Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]