By SupermanCantFly
Thanks, the actual red and yellow bar indicator lights on the trap itself are controlled by the main switch on the battery housing which has a 9v battery inside. I also added a cabinet catch so that I could have easy access in order to change the 9v if needed.

Separate from that in the pedal are the two DPST switches, the ACTIVATE switch controls the main power to the servos and the INTENSIFY switch controls the 24 bright white LEDs in the trap itself, also wired onto these switches are the green and yellow LED that are powered by 4 AAA batteries. Enclosed in the spring under the pedal is a SPST push button switch that controls the servos to open and close the doors.

In between the trap housing and the trap is a D-Sub pin connector.

I'm currently waiting for my new servos to arrive, once those are in it's bust'n time!
By stantz
I really love your take on the pedal, sheer awesomeness!! Just out of interest, which servos are you using and where did you get them? I've built many traps myself but none with actual opening doors so if you could pass on a little info it would be much appreciated!
By SupermanCantFly
stantz wrote:I really love your take on the pedal, sheer awesomeness!! Just out of interest, which servos are you using and where did you get them? I've built many traps myself but none with actual opening doors so if you could pass on a little info it would be much appreciated!
For the servos I'm using the Hitec HS-77BB, both rotating at 180 degrees one clockwise the other counterclockwise. Got them from here:

http://servocity.com/html/hs-77bb_low_profile.html

Heres a pic with my HS-77BB 90 degree rotations which only opens the doors halfway. I mounted them on a piece of 1/2" wood with velcro on the bottom, so can remove them if I need to.

For the servo controller board I used the one from Hyperdyne Labs. The board is setup to accept just one servo but if you attach a Y-Harness you can run two at the same time:

http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/products_e ... pServo.php

Kind of a tight fit, I epoxied some small hex nuts to the under sides of the doors that is where the arms to the gears will attach.

By The Stiff
The lights and servos are most impressive! :crunch:

Was putting the Intensify and Activate labels a way of suggesting a proton gun / trap hybrid, or just as a way of saying "the Ghostbusters likely used spare parts from their other equipment to assemble traps" ?

Sorry for the long confusing question.
By SupermanCantFly
The Stiff wrote:The lights and servos are most impressive! :crunch:

Was putting the Intensify and Activate labels a way of suggesting a proton gun / trap hybrid, or just as a way of saying "the Ghostbusters likely used spare parts from their other equipment to assemble traps" ?

Sorry for the long confusing question.
Well the pedal I just kind of made it up as I went along, while trying to stay somewhat in line with the real thing. I basically came to the decision to add the two switches because of how I had the main trap light wired and how the servo controller board was wired. So coming out the back of the trap I had six wires paired together; trap light +/-, servo power +/-, and door control +/-, those wires were then braided all together an then sleeved in the black vinyl tubing. The door control I had no problem with, just hid that in the pedal spring. The servo power and trap light I had to figure out what to do with, an make it somewhat believable. I was just going to put the switches in an leave it like that but I felt that it wasn't very believable, "I thought how on earth would the operator of this know what's on and what's off", so I added the LEDs. Then I figured I needed labels on them too, "how would you know what the switches do?" So I as I was cutting the actual trap labels out, I looked over at the proton pack labels an saw the Activate and Intensify labels an thought those would work perfectly.

LOL! the hybrid gun/trap kind of did cross my mind, at one point I was going to put another bright white flashing LED at the front of the control box in the pedal but I decided that would have been a little too much, so I just capped it off with a 3/4" CPVC fitting.

I also had another idea instead of a pedal I was going to do a sort of handheld dead man switch that controlled everything, might build another trap with this control design later.
By Astantax
Great job, esp. for a first attempt.

You should go back and try to hide some of that wood grain, though. Nothing a little sanding, bondo-ing and repainting won't fix.
By SupermanCantFly
Ok I have received a few questions about the doors so here's how I made working doors for the trap.

1. HyperdyneLabs Ghost Trap Door Controller Board

2. (Red & Tan Wire) Door Control Switch Wires. This is wired to my D-Sub Connector, then ran through the black tubing to the hidden switch under the pedal, which opens and closes the doors.

3. (Black & White Wire) Main Power Switch Wires. This is wired to my D-Sub Connector, then ran through the black tubing to my "ACTIVATION" switch, which turns the power for the servos on and off.

4. (Red & Black Wire) Hook up for 9 Volt Battery.

5. Black switch. This controls how fast the doors open and close, two settings are programmed fast and slow. I used the fast setting in my demo video.

6. (Yellow, Red, & Black wires) This is the servo Y-Cable connector that is plugged into the main 3-Pin connector on the Controller Board.

7. (Yellow, Red, & Black wires) These two sets of wires are the servo wires they plug into the Y-Cable. Be sure to plug them in so that all the colors connect to the corresponding wire on the Y-Cable (Yellow with Yellow, Red with Red, Black with Black) doing this incorrectly can damage the servos.

8. The Servos

9. (Red & Tan Wire) Optional wiring to hook up the HyperdyneLabs Light kit, which I did not do.

To open the doors I used paper clips attached to some hex nuts I epoxied to the underside of the doors.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]