By jettajeffro
I think the $75,000 was the opening bid on it that time. Dean's been adding stuff to it the whole time he's had it. The LED signs were custom built and the clear light bars where assembled by the same guy who assembled them for the original to match the same weird pattern of orange green red orage red green or however it went. The LED signs cost is alot of the amount increase.
By ghstbstr4lyfe
there is no way that car is worth 235,000 no way! its over 45 + years old and is not a classic like the old mustangs and road runners. @ most its worth what 80G's wow wtf is wrong with people.
By jettajeffro
Having seen it, sit in it, took lots of pictures of it, and getting a breakdown of what every single part cost and where it came from. It's strangely believable. After the 150k price tag alot more work was done to it since then. Paul's USF Ecto is going for 60k if that's not too unreasonable.
By AJ Quick
ghstbstr4lyfe wrote:see that i can see but not 235gs for an ecto 1a nah forget about it
It's not like everyone is out to buy this car.

It is not gonna go to a fan (4 lyfe) but rather a collector.. or perhaps a museum.
By ghstbstr4lyfe
i doubt anyone will pay that much for it @ most 100 for a museum exhibit. but anyway thats my problem with it. and plus if the car was built to the screen used ecto 1a aka the interior and rear bumper it would be worth more and catch the eyes of others. well thats it ive said my 2 cents on it.
By jettajeffro
A museum has always mainly been the intended buyer. Probably inspired by the old Paul Moser Ecto in the Gatlinburg museum. I believe one of the main reasons for the cost as well is that there aren't that many 1A replicas out there at all. Some of the differences between the screen used and this replica, like the bumper, is just because he hated the red diamond plate one. The rims and tires used on the movie car were not rated for the weight it carries. To make this car safe and driveable he had to use beefier rims and used some caddy hubs he tracked down. A couple of roof components are missing like the spinning raydome. Last I saw it he was working on the tall mast and yellow radome with black stripes. I don't believe the car ever had the jump seats in it and when the car was started many years ago, there was no reference material for the interior.

I'm sure this replica is cheaper, which is pretty close to how our teams ecto is going to end up looking like.

By Donkey8012
So the "replica", and I use that term loosely, in that pic is for sale?
By Donkey8012
Yeah, I know that one is for sale. I was talking about the one in the pic by the black "Jail Busters" hearse.
By USFEcto1Paul
Hey guys, my first post and I wanted to say that I think the Ecto1A is fairly priced for the work that's gone into the car.

My USF Ecto is currently for sale and I am asking a lot less, but I didn't have a lot invested in the original purchase so I wanted to make it affordable. Like the Ecto1A, I've made a lot of upgrades and the car has a rich history.

My car is one of the only three cars that are fully authorized by MGM and Sony as an actual Ecto-1. :)

Here is a link to the modification thread and my sales pictures. I'm probably going to put it on ebay to drive traffic to the site and who knows, it might sell. I'm going to set the reserve a lot less than my asking price.

Thanks guys,

Paul

http://www.theecto1.com/forum/index.php?topic=13.0

By EctoTrk
Waht a awesome job. I have a picture of me as a kid next to that car when it was at usf. So many things that wer'nt right about it... but what a great job you did. just out of curiosity.... how much would the reserve price be?
I want!!!
By Some_Guy
Pseudodonn7 wrote: wait, forum necro?
This topic was made in 2008 with it's last post in 2010. That useless 'I want!!!' post brought back this thread from the dead (where it should have stayed) and thus; Forum Necromancy.

Basically - Read the last post date. If it's more then a year old, and you have nothing substantial to add to the topic - don't post. If you have a question to the OP (Original Poster/Topic Creator, etc), send them a PM about it.
Wow, ok I'm sorry!! I'm fairly new to the site and I didn't know! My bad!

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]