Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolpinche ... ic-movies/

George Lucas to Retire from Producing Epic Movies
Mark Hughes, Contributor
I’m looking forward to “Red Tails” and would be happy to see Lucas making lots of this type of film. But I hope he doesn’t abandon the bigger films forever George Lucas, whose headstone will surely read, “I created Star Wars…and Greedo shot first,” has announced that he will be retiring from big-budget movies in order to make smaller art-house films.

The New York Times wrote,

““I’m retiring,” Lucas said. “I’m moving away from the business, from the company, from all this kind of stuff.”

Carol Pinchefsky
Contributor
The decision came on the heels of the snub of his latest film, Red Tails (which opens on January 20), a movie that Lucas produced (for $58 million) and distributed (another $35 million) himself when studios wouldn’t finance a film with an all-black cast.

Fans of Lucas’ first Star Wars trilogy were also vocally less enamored of his prequel trilogy.

But extremely ardent fans of Lucas (like me) know his other, more intimate works. His first film, THX-1138, was an abstract yet slyly humorous work. His second film, American Graffiti, was a sweetly nostalgic slice of teen life circa 1962. And then there’s the 1994 Radioland Murders, a murder mystery with 1930s screwball aesthetics.

None of these movies plugged themselves directly into the pleasure centers of our brains as the Star Wars saga did. But they were all good in their own right.

Although Lucas will be putting down the lightsaber, he may not hang up the bullwhip: he’s left himself open to returning to major-league cinema for a fifth installment of the Indiana Jones series.
Really?

Judging by 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull', I figured he had retired from making EPIC movies a long time ago.
It's funny, I was reading a different article and he also blamed "The Star Wars Fan Base" for his decison. He makes no mention of the fact that if he would have left the films alone nobody would be complaining. Except of course for Indiana Jones surviving a nuclear blast in a refridgerator and meet aliens.

EDIT: Sorry here's the link to the other story:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... -From-Film
Some_Guy wrote:If by Film Making, you mean releasing the same six films over and over and over and over and over...
Damn, I had the hope of a special edition original trilogy that changes the following:

1. Lightsabers are never turned off once turned on. Even when hanging by their belt (CGI leg wounds and floor gouges will be necessary)

2. Han is constantly dodging blaster fire in every scene he is in (that way he will never ever have shot first).

3. Subitltled Chewbacca.

4. A brand new CG charactor wedged into the story that nobody acknowledges for some reason.

5. "Bathroom sounds" when Darth Vader is sitting in his pressure chamber.

6. Subtitled Ewoks.

7. An additional few lines of dialog in RotJ where Obi-wan apologizes for not telling Luke about his father. Not the fact that he was Darth Vader, but that he said he was a "great pilot" and "a good friend". Because MAN that guy was a douche but really turned things around after he got burned up by lava.

8. Elderly "Slave Girl" Jar Jar Binks.

9. Random expletive shouting Boba Fett (enough to bring the movies to a full PG-13 or R rating).

10. Force ghost of Porkins.
Wee wee wee...Georgy boy need attention...Georgie boy say no to big movies!

how many editions before Lucas finally changes "I know" to the "I love you, too" he always wanted? Damn those actors and their insights and creativity!

PS- Redtails is tanking in reviews.
Coover5 wrote:Lucas started ILM. ILM did this http://www.imdb.com/company/co0072491/ I'd have to say George had a bit of an impact in film making. He wasn't just the Star Wars films but people chose to see him only in a limited capacity.
he's the only one that's limited himself since the special editions. He could have been using his money and power to help others tell stories like he did thru the 80s.

Now he's just the crazy Star Wars guy: mine, my movies, I made them, I can change anything I want. His ego is only interested in pleasing himself and not in the collaboraqtive process of filmmaking.

Wait...he "helped" someone make "Redtails?! Uh oh...
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/red-tails/
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52815
Much of what Lucas accomplished was due to talented individuals around him that contributed to the process. You could say part of his genius was surrounding himself with the most talented people. But that was the Lucas of old. The Lucas of today surrounds himself with spineless Yes-men that stare at him with a frightened reverence as he explains all the horrible ways he is going to ruin another movie, and none of them say a word because their lips are too firmly planted on his hindquarters. No one had the balls to tell him that Episode I doesn't even make sense.

I think the Plinkett review of Episode I says it best. His analysis of the behind-the-scenes footage alone is very telling. Anyone who hasn't watched it should check it out. It's insanely long. Yes, some time is spent f-cking around, but it really does take 70 minutes to outline the disaster that is Episode I.

Anyway, any respect I had for the man for Star Wars and Indiana Jones has totally been pissed away. From Episodes 1 - 3 to the constant retooling of the movies which are supposedly "remastered" but look like they were color-corrected with a potato... I don't know. Lucas is just one of those people that deserves to be randomly punched in the dick.
kevinj319 wrote:The Lucas of today surrounds himself with spineless Yes-men that stare at him with a frightened reverence as he explains all the horrible ways he is going to ruin another movie, and none of them say a word because their lips are too firmly planted on his hindquarters. No one had the balls to tell him that Episode I doesn't even make sense
here's a picture of Cancer...
I still can't see how this was justified...

Or the force poop...

kevinj319 wrote: I think the Plinkett review of Episode I says it best. His analysis of the behind-the-scenes footage alone is very telling. Anyone who hasn't watched it should check it out. It's insanely long. Yes, some time is spent f-cking around, but it really does take 70 minutes to outline the disaster that is Episode I.
Plinkett does a great job explaining why things work and why they DON'T work and should be required viewing by any budding filmmaker.

The footage of George back in 76-77 when he was skinny and starving out in the desert while trying to film star wars is in stark contrast to the Jabba the Hutt figure he is propped in from of computer monitors and green screens with a Starbucks in hand.

Even Steven Spielberg knew tinkering with the originals was a mistake, you are screwing with peoples memory of an event and for some reason they don't take kindly to it.

The three prequels are flashy crap filled with shiny objects, poor storyline, bad acting and bad dialogue.

I understand Redtails sucks too, the man has the reverse midas touch at this point. He should farm out the Star Wars IP to someone who has a clue. Can you imagine if Joss Whedon did a Star Wars movie?
kevinj319 wrote: Even Steven Spielberg knew tinkering with the originals was a mistake, you are screwing with peoples memory of an event and for some reason they don't take kindly to it.
yeah, but he found out the hard way. Even after having a few SW prequels out to give him a taste of what backlash could occur, we got this...
TheRealPonyboy wrote:LOL thanks for the laugh, feats
Dont thank me, thank George Lucas for making some of the funniest movies of all time!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... iew-288523
"Changes are not unusual — I mean, most movies when they release them they make changes. But somehow, when I make the slightest change, everybody thinks it’s the end of the world. "

"Well, it’s not a religious event. I hate to tell people that. It’s a movie, just a movie. The controversy over who shot first, Greedo or Han Solo, in Episode IV, what I did was try to clean up the confusion, but obviously it upset people because they wanted Solo [who seemed to be the one who shot first in the original] to be a cold-blooded killer, but he actually isn’t. It had been done in all close-ups and it was confusing about who did what to whom. I put a little wider shot in there that made it clear that Greedo is the one who shot first, but everyone wanted to think that Han shot first, because they wanted to think that he actually just gunned him down."

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/ab0a5d ... red_videos
Mr. D. wrote:Really?

Judging by 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull', I figured he had retired from making EPIC movies a long time ago.
That and Episodes 2 and 3

The man is a douche. You seen his latest bullsh*t about "Han never shot first?". Complete douchebag, and he can't write worth a damn.
featofstrength wrote:
TheRealPonyboy wrote:LOL thanks for the laugh, feats
Dont thank me, thank George Lucas for making some of the funniest movies of all time!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... iew-288523
"Changes are not unusual — I mean, most movies when they release them they make changes. But somehow, when I make the slightest change, everybody thinks it’s the end of the world. "

"Well, it’s not a religious event. I hate to tell people that. It’s a movie, just a movie. The controversy over who shot first, Greedo or Han Solo, in Episode IV, what I did was try to clean up the confusion, but obviously it upset people because they wanted Solo [who seemed to be the one who shot first in the original] to be a cold-blooded killer, but he actually isn’t. It had been done in all close-ups and it was confusing about who did what to whom. I put a little wider shot in there that made it clear that Greedo is the one who shot first, but everyone wanted to think that Han shot first, because they wanted to think that he actually just gunned him down."

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/ab0a5d ... red_videos
People did not want Solo to be a cold-blooded killer, we could simply see with our own eyes that he'd sensed Greedo was about to shoot him and thus got the drop on him first. And the script even shows that Han fired first. So do f*ck off, George.

Remember: Han not only shot first, he shot Greedo in the f*cking balls.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]