Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By TristanJones
mrmichaelt wrote: And another three cheers for Tom Waltz helping keep it altogether, too!
This.
mrmichaelt wrote:
That Slimer spoiler you mentioned got me might interested. It reminded me of this drawing Tristan did about tests on a not-Slimer ghost before...geez I don't remember maybe the holiday one shots.
Yeah, reading the script, it did strike me as frighteningly similar, only mine was dealing with sonic frequencies (hence the mixer Egon had in front of him) interfering with PKE resonances... Eh! It was ages ago. I'd obviously have to find another way of doing it now, but the odds of that story ever seeing the light of day are slim to none. That was a relic from when I was asked to pitch back in my TMNT days.
mrmichaelt wrote: I find it mildly humorous they spoil the main story stuff but not any of Tristan's pages. A 7:1 ratio would have made sense for the Haunted America arc but that's probably just me...
Eh, my stuff doesn't count.
Razorgeist wrote:^^^You see brundlefly loves the proton gun ah ha you see yes.

I was wondering if Laura Parr would be in the vol 3 trade thanks for the info.
As far as I know, it will be...
Razorgeist wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote:I still have hope someday Tristan may get to do his Spirit Guide book maybe retitled as 'From the Files of PCOC' or something.
Yeah you and me both.
I'd like to tell you otherwise, but I don't think it's ever going to happen. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. My stuff was just kind of an extra bit of fun.
mrmichaelt wrote:Makes sense. Is Tristan going back to PCOC files starting with #13?
Nope. Something else...
By mrmichaelt
TristanJones wrote:I'd like to tell you otherwise, but I don't think it's ever going to happen. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. My stuff was just kind of an extra bit of fun.
Aw...I'll still pray but a Tobin mini-series would be a nice consolation. :)
TristanJones wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote:Makes sense. Is Tristan going back to PCOC files starting with #13?
Nope. Something else...
Hmm...color me intrigued.
By TristanJones
mrmichaelt wrote:
TristanJones wrote:I'd like to tell you otherwise, but I don't think it's ever going to happen. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. My stuff was just kind of an extra bit of fun.
Aw...I'll still pray but a Tobin mini-series would be a nice consolation. :)
I've already told Tom I've got an idea that I think would make a great, great comic and wouldn't interfere with Erik's plans at all, and I'd love to do it, but it hasn't been brought up in ages. I know he dug it, but yeah, nothing's really been mentioned since. The only thing I can really suggest is if people want something like that, then let us know.
By TristanJones
To be honest, I have absolutely no idea... I'm not sure where all the channels lead! But I guess talking about it here or on the boards over at IDW might be cool. I know we all check it here, so it'd be a good way for us to see what kind of want there is for it, but again, I can't make any kind of promises or anything. As I said, I know Tom dug it, but there may be more of a need for the higher ups to give the nod.
By mrmichaelt
I imagine it would be a great story. Just looking at all the Senta page and "The Man Who Sought Death" alone, it seems implied you've got a loose history mapped out for Tobin or an idea of where you want to go with the character. I think if all you did was a story with one panel of Tobin shooting the Boogieman with rifle - the fandom would throw you a parade. maybe.

Wait a sec...so there's a "Who Killed Laura Parr" Part 5 in Issue #13?
By TristanJones
Jesus Christ you're so close to one of the scenes I've got roughed out it's actually painful thinking about it. If you take the RGB stuff I wormed into "The Man Who Sought Death" and decompressed it the to a similar ratio to the actual story, that's what you'd have.

And yes, there's an epilogue to Laura Parr in that book. ;)
By mrmichaelt
TristanJones wrote:Jesus Christ you're so close to one of the scenes I've got roughed out it's actually painful thinking about it. If you take the RGB stuff I wormed into "The Man Who Sought Death" and decompressed it the to a similar ratio to the actual story, that's what you'd have.
Sometimes the straw arrow gets close to the bullseye...

Hmm, it would be perfect if you at least got to do the main story of one issue and Erik could get an opportunity to do that World of the Psychic pitch for the second story.
By TristanJones
mrmichaelt wrote:
TristanJones wrote:Jesus Christ you're so close to one of the scenes I've got roughed out it's actually painful thinking about it. If you take the RGB stuff I wormed into "The Man Who Sought Death" and decompressed it the to a similar ratio to the actual story, that's what you'd have.
Sometimes the straw arrow gets close to the bullseye...

Hmm, it would be perfect if you at least got to do the main story of one issue and Erik could get an opportunity to do that World of the Psychic pitch for the second story.
Oh, Erik's got that ready I think... I THINK. He's definitely doing that last we spoke about it, which wasn't long ago...

If it happens, it happens. It's Dan and Erik's baby. I've got a couple of other things coming up outside of Ghostbusters soon so we'll see how things go. You might get that fix from one of those... :)
By mrmichaelt
OMG. Well, Dan Schoening posted Cover A of Issue #13 today and I guess we know what they're facing in Chicago...
This Post Contains Spoilers
By Carnacki
Thanks for the heads up, mrmichaelt! Is anyone else geeking out at the fact that the rookie is going to be in issue 13? And Venkman has the gray flightsuit! WOW!! This series never ceases to amaze me.

I can't wait to see Dan's interpretation of the rookie. I hope Erik and Dan bring him back for a bigger story, even if it's just for an issue. It could be that the guys are taking a week vacation and they bring in replacements to mind the firehouse (the rookie from the realistic version and the two from the Wii version. Maybe even Lewis Tully or Kylie to lead them?).

At any rate, I can't wait for issue 12!
By JayTigran
Just finished the latest issue, and once again you all kick so much ass!!

Love the
in Tristan's back up story, I actually laughed out loud causing my office mates to wonder what was wrong with me.

And Winston in the main story
Too damn funny. Loved it all.

'till next time.
By minnesotaghost
I just picked up the issue from my local comic shop. They only charged me 2 bucks for it because their shipment of GB comics were damaged. The back of the book is folded. Anyway a great issue once again! Can't wait for #13!
By HandSolo
Well since I beat MrMichealt to it this month, here's a list of eater eggs I found.
I look forward to seeing what I missed from Micheal and the others.

And I have to say that the level of detail, accuracy, and meta references makes this book the only comic on the market worth $3.99. You guys have created a new level of comic writing here. The actual main plots are also well thought out, and unique (which I think would be hard for GB material). You guys should honestly be listed in the same breath as the greatest comic creators.
By mrmichaelt
Main story
Extra story
Easter eggs noticed
Still trying to figure these out
HandSolo wrote:
By GhstbstrLMLIII
Read it last night and really enjoyed it once again. I wanted to check in here and was hoping mrmichaelt had figured out the
Great job all around again guys.

Tristan:
By Dapper Dan
You bet I can give you a hint! First...I have to ask...do you want to see something really scary? That's your hint :) Most of the Easter eggs you have listed are correct, some are off though. Here's a few for you. The Mayor is based on Mayor Norman Rice, who was a Mayor of Seattle. The Cop isn't based on John Candy either, and the initials on the name tag are M.Foley. Hope that helps :) Thanks for all your support guys, and I'm happy you all enjoyed the issue. Everyone worked very hard to make it the best we could!
By GhstbstrLMLIII
Wow Dan! Very cool!
Also, I think I found an Easter Egg to add to the list:
By SlimeGuy
HandSolo wrote:
Nope.

Figured it didn't really need a "Spoiler" warning. If I'm wrong, I apologize.

Good choice Dan.

Great story this month guys! I'm constantly impressed by the comedy that is tied in here.

As for Laura Parr, genius! I honestly didn't see that one coming, but it really is a great moment!
By Vee
The end of the "Laura Parr" mini-story was one of those moments where you're reading and you can't help but go "WOOOAAAAAH" out loud. I love those moments. Those are what keep me reading comics. Great work, fellas.
By mrmichaelt
GhstbstrLMLIII wrote:Read it last night and really enjoyed it once again. I wanted to check in here and was hoping mrmichaelt had figured out the
I hoped I would, too, lol but I get stumped by 80s-90s pop culture.
Dapper Dan wrote:The Mayor is based on Mayor Norman Rice, who was a Mayor of Seattle. The Cop isn't based on John Candy either, and the initials on the name tag are M.Foley. Hope that helps :) Thanks for all your support guys, and I'm happy you all enjoyed the issue. Everyone worked very hard to make it the best we could!
Thanks, Dan! M. Foley... hmm.
GhstbstrLMLIII wrote:
SlimeGuy wrote:Nope.
Ah so. Thanks for clarifying that one, SlimeGuy!
By Soul_Wrangler
I'd say Matt Foley but he doesn't mention anything about living down in a van. Perhaps by the river.

Then again the line "Need an ambulance PRONTO" is pretty Foley-esque.
By TristanJones
Nonagon wrote:The end of the "Laura Parr" mini-story was one of those moments where you're reading and you can't help but go "WOOOAAAAAH" out loud. I love those moments. Those are what keep me reading comics. Great work, fellas.
This is why I keep doing this. Cheers, Vee!
By joegianco
I always have a hard time finding all the references ( I can usually find about half by myself) but there was one little one I spotted that hadn't been mentioned yet. I can't believe I found it considering how small it was but I noticed in the KBIB offices that their volume cotrols go up to 11. I wonder if they have Spinal Tap in the rotation.

Oh, and by the way:
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]