For upcoming Ghostbusters events at conventions, theaters and more.

First off I want to thank Brock Parker, Jaime Hitchcock, Dan Harshman, AJ Quick, Savann Mok, and Nando for their help with this year's Surge, Ernie Hudson for his attendance, Loren Baldwin for bringing his beautiful '59, and everyone who helped at the table and joined in on the fun!

The official count in the parade was 85 including marchers, drivers, and passengers and as usual during the course of the con we all met new ghostheads who were suited up but unaware of PKE Surge or GBfans.

At one point Michael Rooker who plays "Merle" from "The Walking Dead" suited up and both wore the suit in his own panel, and a suit and pack for a visit with Ernie!

So PLEASE feel free to share YOUR pics, videos, and stories of PKE Surge 2013 (especially the stuff from the scavenger hunt!)
bpontheair, Dan AKA, SPJ and 1 others liked this
Michael Rooker is a big Ghostbusters fan. We ran into him at X-Con in Myrtle Beach this summer. He was too busy for an interview, but ended up showing up right at the end of the podcast and crashing in on an interview with Bob Camp!

Classic line from Rooker, "When Merle is in trouble, he calls the Ghostbusters!

The interview is in segment 5.

http://carolinaghostbusters.com/2013/05 ... -3-130522/

Also rounding up some pics to post as well.
Chace, Tyrael liked this
Had an absolutely incredible time even though the parade completely wore me out after being out till 3am on Friday. I slept through the dinner, but I'll make it next year...maybe. Here is a few pictures of me and my lady...and my Winston.

KyleS, rays_occult, bpontheair and 3 others liked this
First of all, PKE Surge was awesome! Every year I have fun attending and every year it gets bigger and better. The Zappa Kappa Trappa Initiation was ridiculously fun!

First off, I went a little crazy with the "Yes Have Some" challenge:

Then, while trying to find twinkies at a CVS, I ran in to the hilarious Chap-Hop artist, Professor Elemental, The Gentleman Rhymer:

Ran into a couple of zombies:

Went up 12 flights of stairs with people giving me odd looks:

Got a wonderful artist to do a sketch of me that is now on my wall:

And took my picture with some of the coolest people I got to hang out with during the con:

And:

I'm already waiting for next year to come around! Thanks for a damn fine weekend!
Dougger, Chace, kapitolp and 1 others liked this
Here are my pics and vids from the Scavenger Hunt.

"But the kids love us"

"Dead rising"

"Found him"

"Holy spirit"

"This man has no d***"

"Yes, have some"

Big D pose

"Venkman, get a sample of this"

"Officer, I want these men arrested"

"That's heavy"

"I feel so funky

Climb 12 flights of stairs in gear
kapitolp, XxEctOxX, Tyrael liked this
Still going through my photos and am currently brainstorming ways to improve my castings for the awards. (They are still fun to make and I'm so glad everyone is still diggin' 'em. YOU GUYS MAKE ME HAPPY.)

For now, though, please enjoy what I call a most unfortunate photo op.

The story behind this: After the parade, our Peoplebuster leaned against the wall at the Marriott and the stopper on his slime pack broke off. I spotted it and ran over to try to stop it from leaking too much, then helped him de-pack and get the thing on the ground. It made it through the parade, that was the main thing, but boy, did we bemoan the leakage of ectoplasm everywhere.

Bright sides:

- Funny photo op for my Slimer puppet
- It made that corner smell less like urine and more like green apples. SO FRESH!
- He got this year's NJYD award. XD

I'll get some more pics posted later. I had a lot of fun with you guys, as always. Thanks for letting me continue to participate!
kapitolp, Sutton621, Tyrael liked this
gotta start the trip off right.
scavenger hunt list
]Image
besides the prizes here are the custom made patches for the winners
some zkt love
hangin at the fan table
My Sandlot costume
boyz
rick james
Oh and then i sprained my ankle.
So i had to ride in style. thanks Chace!
Jake 1-up'd the challenge and took a swim in the Marriott fountain. What a good sport! click 2 watch
YHSCraig, Chace, kapitolp and 1 others liked this
I have tagged everything I took with a Ghostbuster in it here: (I may have missed a few)

PKESurge2013

My entire set of Dragon 2013 pics are here:

DragonCon2013

If you wish to friend me on Flickr please let me know you're from here and include your GBFans username in the friend request! Friending me will allow you to download the highest resolution copy of the pictures.

Thanks guys for making this year a blast!
Tyrael liked this
Just a bump in case anyone else has anything and also a reminder of how much we've grown.

A year before Surge started some of us Georgia guys decided we'd have a "strong showing" in the parade...here we are. (Thats me with the wooden pack with pie pan cyclotron and film canisters...with the hardware store goggles on my face)

I've already been in contact with folks for next year....planning staff is in place and we're getting a list together of GB related folks we'd like to invite to the DragonCon staff.

Oh btw...the official staff were VERY pleased by our attendance, and the numbers they brought in for the panels this year. That and the fact that next year is the 30th anniversary of Ghostbusters means that Dragon Con 2014 will be an event NOT to be missed!
XxEctOxX, YHSCraig, Ron Daniels and 1 others liked this
tito wrote:I have tagged everything I took with a Ghostbuster in it here: (I may have missed a few)

PKESurge2013

My entire set of Dragon 2013 pics are here:

DragonCon2013

If you wish to friend me on Flickr please let me know you're from here and include your GBFans username in the friend request! Friending me will allow you to download the highest resolution copy of the pictures.

Thanks guys for making this year a blast!
Awesome pictures for the whole con, Tito. (And I'm more than amused by the meme brought on by your picture of Steven Granade.)

Before I forget, here are this year's PKE Surge Award winners!

I have already started work on molds for next year's awards, since my poor little original Crunch bar mold has finally bit the dust. After pulling that many candy bar castings (good and bad) over three years, I'd say it's done well. Also, I'm set for It The Car for a few years to come and there's a new NJYD already prepped.

Oh yeah, and next year's D*C membership has already been purchased. See you guys there, right?
bpontheair, Ron Daniels liked this

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]