By TeeJayVelorian
I'm looking to get a new flight suit but I'm having trouble finding one that fits my height. I'm 6'8'' and for years I've been wearing dark blue overalls (gb2 color) that have the same zipper patterns as a flight suit. It's a size 50 X-Tall and it fits great only the crouch/butt hangs very low but the leg length is perfect... I'd love just a True Spec suit in khaki but I've only found them in tall, not x-tall.

Can anyone recommend me a flight suit that's close to screen accurate and fits my height without breaking my bank?? I've Googled the hell out of it, but not much help.
By o0Ecto1A0o
Hey TeeJayVelorian,

I an 6'2" and I tried on at least 5 different flight suits that did not fit. I finally had to save upi and just went to G&B. I could not find one that was long enough in the arms or legs. I tried all of the "Tall" sizes and none of them worked.
I would keep looking but start saving for it. They do custom fit flight suits that can be pretty reasonable. If you don't get the fancy fabrics.

If I come across something I will let you know. Sorry I could not be more of a help.
By TeeJayVelorian
Thanks guys. I've tried on just a 3x or such, and it fits for my height but it just looks odd since it's made for wider people, not taller. The pockets and such look lower than normal and it's just weird. Thanks anyway though
By SpaceCoastGBs
If you could find the same as your blue overalls, only in khaki I'd think it would look good on you.
You're a monster, man. Find whatever is comfortable.

I've tried on Tru-Specs and Rothcos of various sizes, and eventually settled with the 5x Rothco. It gives about 3 inches more in the torso length vs others, but things are still um....lifted and separated. I'm only 6'3 but my torso length is near 35" with stubby legs (~30"). I have my side straps as tight as they go.
By FatTortoise
I feel your pain. I'm 6'4" and around 300lbs and my suit was a crotch biter! I ended up buying a 2x long Tru Spec then sewed a triangle shaped patch inbetween the legs. I had no prior sewing expierence and I found it very easy to do and the patch is not noticeable while wearing the suit. I can post pics later if that will help you.
By TeeJayVelorian
Yeah I'm very interested in your Tru Spec trick for the crouch. As I said Tru Spec is what I'm aiming for, overwise I'm just ordering a new Walls suit in February. Walls makes great X-Tall suits. Not a flight suit of course but it's very very identical as far as pattern design. Only thing that I've found 100% reliable for us 6foot+ people, besides custom made suits. It's just very heavy and thick. Not recommended for Florida use like myself. The breast pockets/zippers are slightly lower too.
By FatTortoise
Ok, so these are not the most flattering pictures.. lol.. It may look like the patch would be noticeable while wearing it's not. I would post a pic of my crotch while I'm wearing it but I'm sure you'd rather take my word for it.

First of all, these are the patches that I made out of old torn pairs of dockers, I made 2 of each just in case.. If you end up trying this trick I'd be more than happy to stick either one of these in the mail and send it off to you if you think you're really going to use it. The long bottom edge of these patches are approx 11 inches while the triangle sides are both approx 7.5 inches.
My GB 1 flight suit

Inside

As you can see, this doesnt really require any sort of sewing tricks.. You rip the seam, insert the patch then pinch the two ends together and sew it inside out

GB 2 flight suit

Inside out
Pinched and sewn - gross colored spots are due to trying to color strip and dye before the patch, I'm not crapping myself, I promise!
Azevedo liked this
By caleconners83
i had the same problem, I'm 6'3", 315 lbs. and could not find a flight suit that fit. I finally decided to go through G&B after wasting money on a tru-spec and a rothco. Can't wait to get my new suit in a week!
By TeeJayVelorian
Update... turns out I've shrunk!
Last time I measured my height was years ago. I was 6'7'' without boots on. Now I'm 6'5''. I magically lost 2 inches... also I'm Exactly 300 pounds even.... still doesn't give me much hope finding a flight suit without going custom ordering....
    Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]