Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
This topic was created to leave feedback for GB Rob (Ebay ID SkatKat-2007) - BAD EXPERIENCE!.

Please leave feedback for this person if you have completed a transaction with them recently. Remember to keep things factual and relavent to the discussion. Do not comment if you do not have a reason to (ex. you haven't had a transcation with them), and remember once a comment is submitted you will not be able to edit it. We also do not remove feedback unless it violates a rule, so do not be afraid to leave an honest opinion!
I recently had the misfortune to purchase a gun from gb Rob on this forum (ebay name SkatKat-2007). The gun arrived in a timely fashion but when I opened the box I was gobsmaked. I paid Rob $220 to make me a gun but by no stretch of the imagination is it worth the money I paid. The gun was one of the most badly constructed and badly finished props I.ve ever seen

The whole thing is rough, really rough. The grips don’t fit the handles. The rear handle which is supposed to be flush against the gun body is actually stood away from the body by about 10mm. The rear handle is actually loose and moves when it’s held.
The switch box is on a skew and the whole thing looks like it’s been bodged together.

One of the barrel tips was missing fron the end of the gun. This was in a bag. Rob had obviously forgotten to add this part and as an afterthough stuck it in a bag for me sort out.

The handles which are made from PVC piping having been cut straight, they’re all uneven and jagged and no attempt has been made to make them right

Now, either Rob doesn’t care about his props and is just out to make money as quickly as possible or his idea of $220 gun varies wildy from mine.

I contacted Rob to tell him I wasn’t happy and that I wanted a refund. I recieved a message back from him telling me to screw off and and other verbal obscenities. No one forced me to pay $220, he told me and I also had to sort of the barrel piece myself as it wasn’t a big deal.

I was angry that he charged me so much for so little but also upset that a fellow board member would sink so low. I always like to think theirs a code of honour and a camaraderie between members of a forum, obviously not.

Anyway, I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves

Ron Daniels wrote:For some reason, every time I look at those pictures I can't help but think of Rhett/Hotshot.
I have a hotshot pack and gun and i think they both look great. Granted mine were kits that i built myself, but nothing on that gun looks like the pieces I have on mine. I would say it is definitely not hotshot.
Post a link to the auction you won. IF you paid with paypal, Look for the words accurate, replica and things like that to indicate the prop was supposed to look like the movie one, and not a homemade whatever. This will be your ammo on a paypal claim. I recently ran into this as well with an "accurate v-hook" from loveusmokey, do a search and you will see what I did and what happend. Its was the same situation. Paypal has a policy for significantly not as described items, some are eligible for a refund, but they have to be judged/investigated by paypal staff for each claim. Save the messages you got and use them to your advantage. There is no excuse for you having to keep that abomination. DEMAND A REFUND, or escalate it to a claim. When you do your claim. Send pictures of a what the gun is supposed to look like. Pics of what it supposed to look like, smooth and actually assembled correctly, will help you in your claim.
RA24_4_Me wrote:
Ron Daniels wrote:For some reason, every time I look at those pictures I can't help but think of Rhett/Hotshot.
I have a hotshot pack and gun and i think they both look great. Granted mine were kits that i built myself, but nothing on that gun looks like the pieces I have on mine. I would say it is definitely not hotshot.
I wasn't implying that he made them, moreso the situation that arose with Hotshot's kits where some looked great others meh and the ensuing debacle.
Damn guys,

I really thought I made a quality gun kit. I've sold a few and the few that I did sell to told me they liked them.

Being compared to hotshot really hurts.

Now yes I did have a temper with this buyer, but he came at me saying I did sloppy work which I thought was not the case from again the few that I have sold and gotten feedback from.

Originally I did not want to give a refund due to the way he approached me, but if this guy wants to send me back that kit I will refund him.
Also, these do look great with everything added on IMO. But I guess I agree that I need to work on a couple things so they don't look so rough.

I was catching up on a lot of orders so I tend to put them together quickly so they don't have to wait.

Also with the rear handle, adding some epoxy putty around it for the weld line makes that look a lot better.

Heavy sigh.

Edit: Here's a video of it in action without all the buttons, switches and everything else added.

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd16 ... ack033.flv
Last edited by gbrob on July 9th, 2008, 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Again, the Hotshot comment was only meant to imply taht it seemed you had given out a good product to one user and a not so grand product to another. Not insinuating that you are near that level in anyway.

I think your coming forward and addressing this shows that you and Rhett are far apart, and I personally commend you for manning up on this issue.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

No prob. Last thing I want to do is get a bad name around here.

And here's the auction he won:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0240058023

Again, a video of the gun: http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd16 ... ack033.flv
Here's is first message to me on ebay from this guy:

Just received my gun today and I'm very dissapointed. The finish is very poor it looks like none of the peices have been sanded. The parts don't fit togehter well. There's a gap between the grips and the tubes and the switch box is on at an angle. Before I bought it I asked you if it came complete and you said it did. It doesn't, there are loads of parts missing. It even looks like you've forgotten to add one of the parts that fits on the end of the barrel so you just given me that unpainted to do myself!! To be honest it looks like you've thrown it together in about an hour. In short I'm not happy at all and would like a refund.

I appologized for coming at him and said I told him it came complete as what's in the pics and here's what he replied with after I tried to work things out on ebay:

Hahah, I wouldn't wipe my ares with that piece of crap you call a gun. How you've the audacity to charge people for this stuff I can't imgaine. You're just another one of the hundreds of asshooles who rip people off. Well I'm going to make damn sure that as many people as possible know the crap you're selling.

You tell me to stick the barrel peice on myself. Where did it say that in your auction?

As for wanting something for free I don't. I'd gladly send the gun back. All I wanted was a fair deal. I expected to get something that was worth the $200+ dollars you took from me.

You want a war - you got one ;)

Now, I will refund this guy if he sends me back the gun. Plus I didn't want a war seeing as how I apologized for my temper.
Last edited by gbrob on July 9th, 2008, 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob,

Thanks for offering me a refund, I appreciate it. I'll still be out of pocket what with the postage and import tax I had to pay but I suppose I can stand that.

The second email I sent you before I had seen your email apologising for your outburst in your first email but uou were only offering me $30 though which was a bit of a slap in the face considering the amount I paid.

I never wanted to fall out with you, but I felt I was backed into a corner what with an unusable prop and loss of money.

It takes a big man to admit he was wrong and to takes steps to improve his props and I respect you for it.

I'll get the gun shipped back to you ASAP.
Glad to work things out with you. Though a bit of touch up would make it look nice.

Don't see the point of sending me that 2nd email if you didn't see my apology. Seems odd.

How do you like the metal warning label?

---------------------------------

EDIT:

The refund issue is resolved but I have to defend myself to the fullest. Here is the apology email I sent him:

Hey man,

Sorry about my temper in my previous post but I don't like people coming @ me saying I do sloppy work, etc. These things are a bitch to build and I make sure I send out at least somewhat quality stuff.

I can't send a full refund but can send you $30 since I know you had to wait a bit for the gun. Though it does take a while so ship overseas.

If you have any questions regarding opening the gun to install stuff or make adjustments just ask me or go to GBFans.com and ask around there.

------------------------

You mentioned in the previous post (in this thread) that you didn't see my apology but I only offered you $30 back. My apology was in that email. I was trying to be somewhat civil then you come back with you want a war you got one deal.

I already planned to send a refund but only had the $30 in my account. I was going to give you that before you even shipped the gun back. I didn't mention giving you the full refund (after shipping it back) on account of I had to cool off and get back to you later.

2: The video I posted earlier of the gun was actually the gun I shipped to him. So make of that what you will.

Again I'm defending myself to the fullest and don't take things like this lightly......
This is the last post on this as I still noticed a couple things.

The 2nd picture shows a piece of packing peanut somehow got into the handle. Easy to remove.

The 4th picture shows a piece of masking tape around the front handle.

TK7209, can you remove that masking tape before you send it for me? You'll notice it's on there because I painted the silver ring around the front of the handle right before I shipped it to you.

K, I'm done now.

Sigh.
I would just like to throw my two cents in here:

I ordered a pack from GB Rob earlier this year, and received both it and two throwers from him in time for AdventureCon. No, the throwers were not entirely complete, but he did specify it was a gun "kit", meaning there where still parts to be added. After I added some parts and added a few extra screws for extra stability (a very easy process), the throwers did indeed look great. Also, that front part Tk7209 refers to is easily painted and will stick on fine with some Goop or similar product. Not even an overnight project. Gb Rob's thrower also adorns my other pack, which was mostly made from MPS and MMM parts. Both received compliments at AdventureCon. Ernie even signed both of my packs, and indeed remarked on how good the one I was wearing looked (which was, in fact, my Gb Rob pack).

I just wanted to say my experience with Gb Rob has been an overwhelmingly positive one. He delivered what he said he would, and with awesome communication and updates on my pack's progress, always ready with pictures to show me, and always asking questions about how I would like certain details. While I've only talked to him through emails, we've corresponded enough for me to tell that he is a straight-up guy, who cares about making his customers happy. I'm still having fun with his pack, and am currently working on a thread to show it off in all it's coolness. Please look for it soon in the Proton Packs thread section.
Since I don't have my thread up yet, please feel free to look at my Photobucket account, which is entirely pictures of my packs and Adventurecon. I have several really good pics of GbRob's pack and finished thrower kits.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm176/Ecto-san/
gbrob wrote:This is the last post on this as I still noticed a couple things.

The 2nd picture shows a piece of packing peanut somehow got into the handle. Easy to remove.

I wasn't showing the peanut, that just happened to be in there, I was showing the gap between the handle and the grip
The 4th picture shows a piece of masking tape around the front handle.

TK7209, can you remove that masking tape before you send it for me? You'll notice it's on there because I painted the silver ring around the front of the handle right before I shipped it to you.
I'ev already packaged it up and the tape is still on, I'll be shipping it tomorrow.
Last edited by tk7209 on July 11th, 2008, 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Well, I wasn;t going to bother posting this but since Rob' posted both of mine so here's his first one to me. Best to get it all out in the open I suppose.

We all done now? Can we move on?

You know what, screw off!! Your going to come at me with it looks looks like I made it in an hour when these things are a bitch to build. Let's see you mold and cast a damn GB prop.

I don't care what the finish looks looks like and pieces have been sanded to get rid of any flashing . And yes the white piece you can do yourself, just paint and glue on to the barrel. Big fricken deal. The trigger boxes are at a damn angle geezus. As for it coming complete that's as shown in the pics!!

I shouldn't even be wasting my time as it sounds like your nitpicking just to get something for free and have buyer's remorse after spending $200.00+ which no one forced you to do. I can send you some money back $30 or less for shipping time but that's it.

In short I'm not happy at all with your message and WILL NOT give you a god damn refund. Especially coming at me like that.

NOW GET LOST. Sick of some of these damn ebay pricks.
The point of posting your emails was to show that I did apologize but you still came back with those rude messages.

And don't tell me you didn't see the apology (which you seem to keep avoiding) because the thing about the $30 was in that message which I posted for people to read.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]