Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
By Spengs
Is the content of the books the same as the content found on this site and Ghostbusters International®?

If it isn't, is it new material? If they do contain new content, is the content on-line?

Either way the covers are cool. :cool:
By slimershomie
AJ Quick wrote:
slimershomie wrote:i wish i could play someone should make a online rpg for us "aj cough cough"
It is in the works..

*shits pants* :shock:
By AJ Quick
Spengs wrote:Is the content of the books the same as the content found on this site and Ghostbusters International®?

If it isn't, is it new material? If they do contain new content, is the content on-line?

As far as I know.. these books are GURPS books that follow closely with the Ghostbusters Plot (but never reference it for legal reasons). The books are probably part of "All Star Jams", but only Lupo can say for sure.

The covers are VERY awesome.
By Boomerjinks
slimershomie wrote: *shits pants* :shock:
You do that a lot around here. Maybe you moved up to big boy pants a little early?
By Lupo the Butcher
Spengs wrote:Is the content of the books the same as the content found on this site and Ghostbusters International®?

The rules are for the GURPS system (There's a free LITE version of the rules here... http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/lite/) but bits were taken from about 4 or 5 different sources and new content was added as well. There are pictures in it from all over the web as well as some drawings that he did himself - like tech drawings of the Ecto 1, 2 and 3.

One of the guys posted a PDF version at this usenet group... alt.binaries.e-book.rpg a few weeks ago, so it should still be there. Because it has some copyrighted material in it, our GM was nervous about releasing it to the general public.
By Donkey8012
Boomerjinks wrote:
You do that a lot around here. Maybe you moved up to big boy pants a little early?

"Pull-ups" maybe? Just a thought.
By Kingpin
Out of curiosity, did you seek the permission of the guy who made that CGI Ecto-1, or Sebastien Clavet over the use of the design of Slimer from his 88MPH series? Or Eddie Lebron for what appears to be one of the ghost designs he posted on a public forum?

The books look impressive, but I'm deeply concerned about where the content was collected from and if the proper permissions were given.
By Ron Daniels
Kingpin wrote:Out of curiosity, did you seek the permission of the guy who made that CGI Ecto-1, or Sebastien Clavet over the use of the design of Slimer from his 88MPH series? Or Eddie Lebron for what appears to be one of the ghost designs he posted on a public forum?

The books look impressive, but I'm deeply concerned about where the content was collected from and if the proper permissions were given.
A. He didn't make them.

and B. I doubt he knows the answer to that question :P
By Lupo the Butcher
Kingpin wrote:Out of curiosity, did you seek the permission of the guy who made that CGI Ecto-1, or Sebastien Clavet over the use of the design of Slimer from his 88MPH series? Or Eddie Lebron for what appears to be one of the ghost designs he posted on a public forum?

The books were created just for us. Except for these pictures I don't think anyone else is going to see any more of them. He did credit the artists when he knew who they were, but a lot of the stuff was pulled from other people's scans on the web.

He 's not distributing these or selling them so... :whatever:
By Kingpin
I see, hmm.

Regardless though, it's nice to see more RPG stuff. And it's amusing, the 'GURPS' logo utilises the font used for the end credits of Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II. :-)
By Busterchris
Boomerjinks wrote:
Donkey8012 wrote:Pull-ups" maybe? Just a thought.
I soooo just got yelled at here at work for laughing my ass off thanks guys!!!! lol
By rpburke1978
slimershomie wrote:*shits pants* :shock:
So, much talk about poopin' in the pants. Maybe they ought to come out with an RPG scenario where they bust a poop demon like in Dogma.
By MotherPussBucket
Howdy boys.

AJ and I ARE working on the RPG for the GB.

We're getting to it.

But I am interested in the books...any chance I could see more? Perhaps scans?
By Aravine
Note: the books shown above are a copyright violation and a violation of our trade dress.

The books themselves we'd simply ignore since they are limited to a small gaming group. I like the idea personally and think it's wicked cool. I may have to do similar things with my groups. :)

Distributing the PDF is a outright criminal act: a violation of copyright law and trade dress. Please don't distribute it further. We're in the process of finding copies posted on the Internet to have them taken down. Sadly, usenet is a bit tricky to clean up.

We're happy to have our fans support our products with cool ideas, but we have to protect our copyrights so we can stay in business and make MORE cool stuff for our fans. Please review our online policy, which includes a short but effective education on copyrights:
http://www.sjgames.com/general/online_policy.html

Thanks for the pictures: Cool idea!

--
Mark A. Schmidt
MIB Control: control@sjgames.com
Volunteer Coordinator: volunteer@sjgames.com
Convention Manager: conventions@sjgames.com
Steve Jackson Games
Last edited by Aravine on June 24th, 2008, 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Fritz
Whoa. I guess I have just enough ego to get a little bit of a zing seeing those very professional looking book covers...with my name among the credits.

I think it's because one of the sources for the game was the D20 idea Micheal Tresca consulted with me about. It's mentioned on the Games page of this site, and available for download here:
http://members.toast.net/talien/michael ... sters.html
By Dan AKA
Aravine wrote:Note: the books shown above are a copyright violation and a violation of our trade dress.

The books themselves we'd simply ignore since they are limited to a small gaming group. I like the idea personally and think it's wicked cool. I may have to do similar things with my groups. :)

Distributing the PDF is a outright criminal act: a violation of copyright law and trade dress. Please don't distribute it further. We're in the process of finding copies posted on the Internet to have them taken down. Sadly, usenet is a bit tricky to clean up.

We're happy to have our fans support our products with cool ideas, but we have to protect our copyrights so we can stay in business and make MORE cool stuff for our fans. Please review our online policy, which includes a short but effective education on copyrights:
http://www.sjgames.com/general/online_policy.html

Thanks for the pictures: Cool idea!

--
Mark A. Schmidt
MIB Control: control@sjgames.com
Volunteer Coordinator: volunteer@sjgames.com
Convention Manager: conventions@sjgames.com
Steve Jackson Games
I am under the impression the only PDF being supplied is the Ghostbusters expansion, which is not a violaton of STG. As I don't believe STG has any right to Ghostbusters.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't think you are. So no worries, the Gurps hand book as being officially licensed is well proteted and no one here that I know of is downloading pirated copies of it. Just copies of the GHostbusters module.
By LordVego
Hey, I wanna start playing this. Someone post something that can get me started... hell maybe we can play games nationally (over phone or webcam)
By Mjollnir
I almost lost control of my faculties when I saw those pictures. Badass. Very badass and professional looking, indeed. Can't wait for MPB and AJ to get that done.
By Harry Bardwell
I too would be very interested to see scans of this, and I'd have to agree its not breaking any copyright law if your not distributing rules for gurps, just the module itself, and if your not making money off of it. Also if your not making money getting the artists permissions isn't required, although it is polite :D . In fact if this were available online I would have to buy a few of the official gurps books to go along with it, as I think everyone else would as well, so really its a win win for everyone, The gurps people get our money and we get a new gb rpg :D but thats just my two cents.
By apannos36
Hey everyone, I know i'm raising this topic up from the dead; but does anyone know if is there any news on this? i just found out about this and i am a regular table-top RPG player with my friends (we hold weekly D&D sessions), and I would love to try and put together a ghostbusters d20 game and host it.

I downloaded the "Who you gonna call" pdf and I love everything about it. I would love to get my hands on the other books so i can create some characters, monsters, NPC's and try to flesh out some kind of game idea so i can pitch it to my friends (or anyone who lives in the Salem, MA area) to start to play. Any help/info on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :cool:
By apannos36
If anyone cares to have them, I took all of the old Ghostbusters RPG books and made them into pdf files. I uploaded them here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=be4f ... 49b5870170

Enjoy!
By Boomerjinks
Dammit, I was expecting a Ghostbusters rocket-propelled grenade. This is cool too, though.
By armageddonsocks
I have been trying to figure out if the JPG scans of the original West End Games Ghostbusters RPG are legal or if they constitute copyright infringement as well. Yes, I am aware that WEG no longer exists as the same company it once was, I'm only curious because of the policies of another board I post to - someone was asking about Ghostbuster RPG resources, and I found this site and would like to point them here, but I don't want to get called out for "advocating or encouraging copyright infringement" which is against board rules.

Anyone able to tell me if this site has the rights to distribute the original RPG scans, or point me to the page/posting that would tell me as much? Much obliged.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]