Nearly 80 artists have joined together with Gallery 1988 to put together the official Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary traveling art show.

Opening reception starts tonight from 7PM to 10PM in New York City. Gallery traveling locations will be as follows:

New York: April 19 - 26
69 Leonard Street
New York, NY 10013

Los Angeles: May 17 - June 1st
Gallery 1988 (West)
7308 Melrose Avenue

Chicago: June 20 - 22
Rotofugi
2780 N. Lincoln Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614

San Diego: July 24 - 27
Comic-Con
San Diego Convention Center
Booth #1806

Find out more at: Ghostbusters30th.com.
joeghostbuster wrote:the first piece of art "the flowers are still standing" sold out online in like 15 minutes, so bummed.
I think they are under estimating the demand. San Diego Comic Con will come around and they could have sold hundreds of each print, only to have a few dozen left to sell I'm sure.
I wish I had some more cash to spare, but I'm happy with what I was able to pick up.

ps that place needs to invest in an AC.
My buddy, Adam, and I were in the first 30 people to get into the gallery so we had access to the variant prints and stuff. I had a pretty good haul yesterday between this gallery and record store day.

pinballmaster wrote: How much was each print and do you recall how many there were? I'd sure like to get 2 copies of each print....
The prints ranged from $35-55 bucks a piece. There were literally at least 20-30 prints for sale at this event and I would bet money the special edition ones (1 of 84 collections) that were alotted to the NYC show are all gone as of last night.
XxEctOxX, Borzou liked this
While the concept of a GB themed art show Does pull at my heart strings I can't help but feel the NY presentation was a tad contrived..
an up to 2 hour line for a gallery that could barely fit a 100 people,, they weren't exactly honest about what was available as 2 of my friends bought something and then were told they were unavailable after they paid and were told they could wait till the end of the night for a refund... (how the f*** do you plan a gallery exhibit and not have at least 50 of each item available for purchase?)..A few of the pieces WERE TRUE works of art.. (the Flower Origami Terror dog was my favorite,,) unfortunately True innovation was few and far in between. most of these piece i've seen for sale on etsy so its not like you actually even needed to go see these pieces. a pleasant surprise was that if you were willing to wait on the line it was free to enter,,, which in NYC in this day and age is UNHEARD of.... this however also led to a bunch of people hanging out around there that had no business there,, (I.e homeless Squatter kids and such) while was an interesting concept ,I would have prefered to see better art present,, I have been to at least 2 other GB themed art shows (and this by far had the least strongest presence) but Ironically the largest Presentation, and the works were a tad on the pricey side for the limited quality of most of the pieces

and que the karma degradation... f*** it though. I speak the truth..
pinballmaster wrote:Lucky! I'd sure like to purchase an entire set, but there's no way I can drive to any of those locations.....

Go on etsy,,, I've seen almost ALL of them there for MUCH cheaper,,,

I'm curious to know if there was anyone form the community involved in the organization of this,, because it seems to be just a buncha hipsters that were honing in on the commercial viability of this I.P for the 30th anniversary. with that said im sure many of the artists were true fans,, but no so certain about the event organizers....
Ernest Reid wrote:
pinballmaster wrote:Lucky! I'd sure like to purchase an entire set, but there's no way I can drive to any of those locations.....

Go on etsy,,, I've seen almost ALL of them there for MUCH cheaper,,,

I'm curious to know if there was anyone form the community involved in the organization of this,, because it seems to be just a buncha hipsters that were honing in on the commercial viability of this I.P for the 30th anniversary. with that said im sure many of the artists were true fans,, but no so certain about the event organizers....

Did you happen to take pictures of everything that was available? It'd sure me nice to have a database with a listing of all of the prints. They seem to be secretive on their site of what their selling. What is Etsy?
I tried to purchase an entire set through them. They originally said yes, but then said it wasn't possible.
Can anyone who went to the event answer a couple questions for me.
1. Would you have been able to purchase an entire set had you wanted to?
2. Anyone know how many different pieces?
I can answer your first question:

If you were one of the first people in when they had all the prints still available, then yes, if you had the money for it, you could have bought 1 of every print. There were also some original pieces of art that did not have prints, and were one offs that you could have also purchases, but they ranged from $300-4000.00 dollars in price.
A word of warning to anyone going: the times giving was ONLY for the opening night. Otherwise the gallery CLOSES at 7.

By the time my friends and I got there, we were too late, so making a second trip out Saturday morning. At least I got some pics in front of the firehouse (we were fast and did it super late at night >_> )

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]