Beyond the Marquee is celebrating the release of Ghostbusters 1 & 2 on Blu-ray by hosting a Ghostbusters week. The 4th installment is out today and it is a special one for many Ghostbusters Fans. They have setup an interview with Ghostbusters prop designer Stephen Dane. Many people know Stephen Dane as the designer of the Ecto-1, but he also designed some of the Ghostbusters other iconic equipment.

Take a look at the video above, and check out the article to accompany it.

Missed the other Ghostbusters specials on Beyond the Marquee? No problem, check them out below:

Monday: Interview with Joe Medjuck
Tuesday: GB Merchandise and Ecto-1
Wednesday: Firehouse 23 Tour
Thursday: Interview with Stephen Dane
Friday: Contest & Giveaway. Meeting the Man inside the Marshmallow Man
Aw, look at Stephen Dane affectionately patting the Ecto. More proof that the best stuff can happen when you've got no time to overthink anything. He freely admits that he just threw stuff on the roof that looked good to him at the time, and the result speaks for itself.

This is the second time I've heard someone close to it mention that the Ecto should be in the Smithsonian. I wonder...

"Building things is something I've been doing since I was a child and I just loved it." And of course he has to kiss his old love. :) Long live the practice of actually building physical stuff to put in your movie.
That was pretty awesome! All those vids were pretty damn interesting!
Would kill to win that giveaway too!
I wanted everybody to know also that Ivan Reitman is on the Adam Carolla show podcast today.
Great interview! Lots of interesting things to say about Bill Murray, Harold Ramis, Ghostbusters etc..
Just FYI.
Really enjoyed this.

Did get a tad distracted when the host derailed his own fandom claims by not knowing the difference between Ecto1 and Ecto1-A, dispite working around it. Then the "yeah but this one had the original stars" so did Ghostbusters 2.

I love how passionate Steven Dane is, he really loves it.
    GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]

I'm not familiar with this one (is it a model?) […]

Also somewhat related question...I don't see giz[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]