October marks the start of a Ghostbusters themed event in the highly popular mobile game "Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff".

"To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Ghostbusters franchise and the upcoming Halloween holiday, TinyCo, Fox Digital Entertainment and Sony Pictures have announced a Ghostbusters-themed event for the hit mobile game FAMILY GUY: The Quest for Stuff. The integration of Ghostbusters into The Quest for Stuff highlights Fox and TinyCo’s unique strategy of combining globally renowned franchises into Quahog’s mobile universe.

As a part of a themed in-game event set to play out over the next several weeks, Peter accidentally opens a dark portal in the Quahog cemetery and unleashes all manner of ghosts and goblins on the city. With residents spooked and chaos looming, Quahog has no choice but to wonder, “who you gonna call?!”

Players will answer the call, helping FAMILY GUY cast members create their own team of Ghostbusters to defeat the unwanted spirits and restore order.

The event also introduces a new crafting interface to the game. Defeating ghoulish invaders will reward players with ‘soul points’ and crafting materials, which they can combine in a spooky crafting cauldron to create new characters, buildings and decorations. Through a ‘choose your own adventure’ style gameplay experience, players take divergent paths to reach the ultimate goal of saving Quahog from undead lurkers."

Download from iTunes and Google Play:

http://www.tinyco.com/games/family-guy/
I dunno, I played it for half a day off and on before unlocking the right area to get the GB stuff (Al Harrington's Costume Shop), once you unlock that everything's coming up Ghostbusters!

I find it entertaining, yes the grinding and taking 2 hours to bust a terror dog is a bit much, but this is a "pick up and go" game that is mainly meant to be played a few minutes at a time
JayTigran wrote:agreed, the car looks cool, i've been unlocking the regular story stuff while I wait for the portal upgrade... looks like Quagmire's next to suit up!
The fact that you get a full set is just icing.

I do kind of want to migrate the game to my phone which runs better than my tablet, but I don't want to lose everything.
Is anyone playing this? I just got it and can't figure out how to unlock the Ghostbusters stuff. I was wondering how to get the firehouse and also how to get the Ghostbusters uniform computer? Thank you.
Rockerrob69 wrote:Is anyone playing this? I just got it and can't figure out how to unlock the Ghostbusters stuff. I was wondering how to get the firehouse and also how to get the Ghostbusters uniform computer? Thank you.
Start playing the missions to unlock stuff to progress the regular game. You'll need to get a few days into the game before you get any GB items.
Rockerrob69 liked this
Damn AutoCorrect I didn't mean Ghostbusters computer I meant Ghostbusters Peter. Anyways thank you Jay!
venkman30 wrote:Ya it takes abit. I think I'm about 18 hours away from getting gb Peter.
What 18 hours away?! I don't know since I just started if I'll even be able to getting that stuff since it says it expires next month on the eighth or some like that :/
This week's update includes Joe in the Ghostbusters mix

and his encounter with slimer actually had me laughing

Now this week's special trophy/item is the Temple of Gozer, except they didn't do their homework (first time I noticed this involving the GB related stuff if you don't include the Librarian Ghost being called a Banshee) and called it Zuul's Portal

2 more weeks to unlocking Ecto-1, next week Cleveland gets to suit up, I'm interested in seeing what the next trophy will be (crosses fingers fr containment unit)
Rockerrob69 liked this
New update brings Cleveland into the mix, making the obvious "Black Guy is Winston" joke

also brings Stay Puft around, both as an enemy AND a decoration, and he's HUGE!

ImageImageImage

Pink Slime & Ecto-Cooler
ImageImage

Cleveland won't share his lunch

On the job!

All the GB related decorations as of now, including the Firehouse, The Ecto-Containment Unit, the Lockers, the Logo Sign, "Zuul's Portal", and Stay Puft

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]

I like the camo tint. This is the one tint I would[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]