By AJ Quick

Time Life has the Real Ghostbusters DVD boxsets ready to ship! Those of you who did the Pre-Order will be getting free FedEx shipping, and should be getting your Complete Collection next week. Luckily, I was able to snag my copy this week and give it a look over. First and foremost... this thing ROCKS. The packaging is amazing. We all knew the Steelbook packaging would be very cool and worth the extra time and effort spent into getting it together. The artwork is great, and the quality is supurb. The Collection will look great sitting ontop of your TV, or on your Shelf!

Taking a look at the DVDs in just the short amount of time that I have spent with them so far has shown that a lot of time and effort has been placed into getthing these things made. The menus have some animations in them, as wel as artwork and graphics. The first DVD any Real Ghostbusters Fan should pop in is the Bonus Features disc. On it you will find the original Promo Pilot as well as opening and closing credits, introductions, extended interviews and more. If you happen to place the disc in your computer you will find several storyboards and other cool files in PDF format.

The special features on each of the discs are very cool. Not only do you get every episode of the Real Ghostbusters, and Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters digitally remastered, you get episode introductions from the team that worked on the cartoon, interviews, commentary and a whole lot more. Right now I'm in the middle of watching the episode "Knock Knock" with just music and sound effects, and it is very cool to be able to hear the original music and some foley artists at work!

Time Life has been generous enough to give me a copy to GIVEAWAY to one Lucky Ghostbusters Fan. Details on how to win can be found here: http://www.gbfans.com/contest/ So please stay tuned to Ghostbusters Fans for more information. If you still need to purchase a copy, please do so immediately! http://www.RGBonDVD.com/
Mine shipped thru FedEx yesterday!! :) Not only that, I got a tracking number too. My box set is supposed to be delivered on Tuesday. It just left Memphis a few hours ago and is on it's way to me here in the Chicago area as we speak :D I really can't wait to actually see it for myself. I have seen pretty much only the first season, plus a little toward the end of the series run when they used to have it on in syndication so most of it will be all new for me. They sure don't make cartoons like this anymore :( I couldn't pass up a chance to have one of the best cartoons from the 80's-early 90's. I'd be kicking myself later wishing I had if I didn't order it.
So I've had some time yesterday to really watch a lot of episodes and content on the discs, and it has been great. Most of the episodes are in really good shape, with a few that have some scratches on the film transfers (not that is affects viewing, you can just see them if you pay attention). The last disc in each volume has some special features like Featurettes which are great.. and if you have it in a DVD-ROM, you will beable to access Scripts in PDF form submitted by Paul @ Spook Central..... speaking of that...

I'm really surprised at how much time and effort went into this project by even some of the fans in this community. I flipped open the book that accompanies the package and saw a lot of fans listed under the credits. (Even my name!). So a big thank you goes out to all of the Ghostheads that worked on the project! I'm sure Time-Life an Andy couldn't have done it without you guys.

Ofcourse thank you to Jeff at Time-Life and everyone else who has been so helpful and devoted to getting this thing off the ground. Everyone needs to have this thing in their collection.
joeghostbuster wrote:AJ, do you know how long this set will be available to buy? did they produce X amount and that's it or will they continue to produce these for a few years as long as they keep selling?
I unfortunately have no idea.
I read initally, when they announced the project, that they would be VERY limited in number and that if you wanted one, you needed to watch for the pre-order stuff and order fast or you'd be out of luck. But with the response to this being so great who knows if they will still keep it limited or produce a lot more copies of it. We won't really know until we see how it sells and what Time-Life says. That was why I pre-ordered when I did, I didn't want to be in the same spot wondering if I could still get one. I really hope you are able to get one, my friend. Everyone who wants this set should be able to get one but we'll see.
Mike_D wrote:With the "music/sound fx" only option, do you think we just came a step closer in editing together the full RGB theme?!!
It is possible.

So far the best episode I've "listened" to.. has been Ragnorok and Roll. It has the option for Music / Foley Only.. and has been really good. There is ofcourse background nosies mixed in.. like the wind blowing, proton packs firing.. etc. But it makes it a whole lot better.

Since you did say RGB Theme... the pilot episode has the full theme song. It is basically like a music video for the Real Ghostbusters. There is also an alternative theme song included on the bonus disc (as well as all the menus). Sounds very cool!
AJ Quick wrote:
Mike_D wrote:With the "music/sound fx" only option, do you think we just came a step closer in editing together the full RGB theme?!!
It is possible.

So far the best episode I've "listened" to.. has been Ragnorok and Roll. It has the option for Music / Foley Only.. and has been really good. There is ofcourse background nosies mixed in.. like the wind blowing, proton packs firing.. etc. But it makes it a whole lot better.

Since you did say RGB Theme... the pilot episode has the full theme song. It is basically like a music video for the Real Ghostbusters. There is also an alternative theme song included on the bonus disc (as well as all the menus). Sounds very cool!
Is it Tuesday yet? :grin:
Depending on what episodes have the isolated music and audio effects, we should be a step closer.

In a perfect world, all episodes from Series 1 to 4 would have this option, but we'll just have to see.

It means, we might get the "I ain't afraid of no ghost/oh I hear he likes the girls" bit, AKA the bit that only showed up if it was a very long bust, depending on what episodes have this option.

So far, there's two or three episodes I know of where this bit had little to no audio effects over it:

The Revenge of Murray the Mantis
When Halloween was Forever
Janine's Genie
Elementary, My Dear Winston

And these are subject to how much audio is still on the trak.

This alternate theme you mention AJ, just in what way is it alternate? Is it instrumental only? Is it full lyric? Is it one we've never heard before?
Hmm...

I wouldn't happen to be this one, would it?

It would be a tad dissapointing if that was the version they used, because it's ultra cheesy... but the overall awesomeness of the set would still probably offset how unawesome that version of the tune was.
By Zack
ahh sounds like the godawful guy that sang the Ghostbusters Cereal theme.

"Fruit flavored oats, milk, juice and toast! Ghostbusters cereaaal."

You'd think the pilot would have the original like we heard in those clips that were pasted together, the "coming this fall" or whatever. That version above sounds like the desperation we need to update the song to sound more cool end of the series run.
Here is the list of episodes with Music and Effects only Tracks.
  • Mrs Rogers Neighborhood
  • Janines Genie
  • Knock Knock
  • Venkman's Ghost Repellers
  • Boo-Dunit
  • Ragnarok and Roll
  • Collect Call of Cathulu
  • Egon on Rampage
  • Last Train to Oblivion
  • The Devil in the Deep
  • The Cabinet of Calamari
  • The Long Long Long etc. Goodbye
  • Egon's Dragon
  • The Bogeyman is Back
  • The Grundel
  • The Brooklyn Triagnle
  • Something's Going Around
  • The Halloween Door
  • Janine, You've Changed
  • Ghost World
  • Stay Tooned
  • Attack of the B-Movie Monsters

Slimer! Episodes
  • Slimer for Hire
  • Cruisin for a Bruisin'
  • Nothing to Sneeze At
  • Rainy Day Slimer
  • Slimer & the Beanstalk
  • Space Case
There's some good ones in that list (Janine's Genie possibly being one of the best ones)...

But I honestly cannot fathom why they chose these episodes:
AJ Quick wrote: [*]Janine, You've Changed
[*]Ghost World
[*]Stay Tooned
[*]Attack of the B-Movie Monsters
These episodes were from the 'bunch of random notes being passed off as background music' era so I can't see what worth it was giving these three episodes Music and Effects tracks over, say, Banshee Bake a Cherry Pie, When Halloween was Forever, The Revenge of Murray The Mantis or Elementary, My Dear Winston.
Hey I'm up here in the Frozen North and placed my order on the phone way back in August and they gave me free shipping over the phone and the 10-15% OFF (whatever it was at the time), I called today and it said my order shipped out Nov 21st and could be 3-4 weeks coming, do you know if Canadian orders got a Free shipping upgrade as well or no? :sigh:

Thanks.
James :cool:

P.S. I would have asked this to Proton Charging since he's Canadian too eh?, but his http://www.protoncharging.com/ site is not working right now!
Well, I ordered mine from Time-Life Canada, and the email they sent me a couple weeks ago had this in it:
Unfortunately, all these extra features, many of which weren’t included in our initial release plan, have lengthened the production time for this set, originally scheduled to ship out on November 15. But, because of all the added features, we will not have completed sets to ship out until November 25.

We know this will come as a disappointment to many, so we have decided to provide all of our pre-order customers with FREE FedEx Express shipping. Our standard shipping time is 2 weeks, so you will still get your set in the same timeframe (probably sooner)!
Also, I've been keeping an eye on my order status, which on Thursday changed to "In Warehouse and Ready To Ship" and on Friday, it was switched to "Shipped". I'm hoping that means it'll be in my hands by Tuesday.
By Zack
Kingpin wrote:There's some good ones in that list (Janine's Genie possibly being one of the best ones)...

But I honestly cannot fathom why they chose these episodes:
AJ Quick wrote: [*]Janine, You've Changed
[*]Ghost World
[*]Stay Tooned
[*]Attack of the B-Movie Monsters
These episodes were from the 'bunch of random notes being passed off as background music' era so I can't see what worth it was giving these three episodes Music and Effects tracks over, say, Banshee Bake a Cherry Pie, When Halloween was Forever, The Revenge of Murray The Mantis or Elementary, My Dear Winston.
That IS weird. Like I said before, either they're completely clueless to how many people REALLY want the music or they know exactly what we want. An official release of the music in itself. To have it with the effects is a DAMN tease :whatever: I still can't wait to listen to them all, I'm sure it'll be great no matter what but it is strange. I guess they wanted to show the later seasons some love too. :sigh: I can't think of one memorable bit of music from any of those episodes.

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]

This looks like a beautiful book, I would love to […]

I just couldn't help myself and had to add texture[…]

@GBfan77 No when I turn it off it still keeps firi[…]