Have you picked up your AMT Ecto-1a model yet? Start a topic in this forum and share your build along with hundreds of others!
By GBfan_85
Hey guys, I've been completely inspired by the AWESOME work a lot of you guys having been doing to your models. So I've decided to take on the task of making my own masterpiece. Being new to this site, I don't know if this has been addressed, but does anyone have tips on the best paint brand to use on this model. Also, I WILL be lighting this thing, so if anyone has any tips, that would be appreciated as well. Thanks guys and wish me luck!!
By Fritz
I dunno if it's the "best", but I've gotten a lot of mileage out of good old Testors Model Master acrylics. The sole exception on my own ECTO-1 build was some of the chrome trim and other "metal" parts, where I used Model Master Enamel--because acrylic metallics don't seem to work as well.

Heck, if you're really interested, under the spoiler is the complete list of paints I used:
This Post Contains Spoilers
By GBfan_85
Very cool! Thanks for the details! You wouldn't happen to know how to build the little yellow bullet shaped thing toward the back of the roof rack would you? (It's white on the Ecto-1 and yellow on the 1A)
    Ray's Denim Jacket (GB1)

Jealous.

Weathering, because they won't stay new looking fo[…]

@Specter Mitcher - Either way, any proton pack wou[…]

Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Nice! That's awesome! I like how lately, he has be[…]