Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By philmorgan81
BatDan wrote: September 19th, 2019, 11:36 am
philmorgan81 wrote: September 19th, 2019, 11:00 am LOL! There's a bit of an outcry of fear going on hear. I get it I have the same fear, but then I remember what was said at Fanfest. All of the remaining Ghostbusters along with many talent that was involved behind the scenes of the first movie have read Jason's Script. He talked about how he had this group of people as kind of a support system that made sure that he was making the right of film. :)

We really only have a handful of stills to go by. I don't think this movie is going to be what we FEAR it will be. I think we will be pleasantly suprised. :):):)
Fear is a better sign than anger to be honest. i was ANGRY at gb16 with all the controversy, the SJW media jumping in and calling me every name in the book because i thought the film didn't look entertaining, on top of trying to discredit the original as (not being that good and needs a remake); the vibes were just so toxic and dishonest, the studio wanted a GB movie and fast, they didn't care what it looked like or what came before it, and it sparked a war. i wasn't even mad at the movie itself, just the weird shit that surrounded it.

now the dust has settled, it's peace time and with this, it has a more honest and genuine vibe to it.

look at it as the fear of a first date, things go off in your head : 'is she gonna like me?' 'i hope it goes well!" its good to go in with a little bit of hesitance and resistance, then to be surprised that everything worked out.
Well that is quite a good spin to put on it. I will take that anxiety over anything that was produced last time. I am very relieved that things have stayed very civil and positive with the development of this movie. That to me is a very good sign. :):):)
Last edited by Kingpin on September 19th, 2019, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: fixed quote code
BatDan liked this
By Alphagaia
I just realised.

Jason Reitman was a kid when GB1 and GB2 were made, just like us. He grew up with it. I think he gets us the most. He knows we want: the old cast busting one more ghost before they give their toys to a new group, and I'm sure this movie will give us exactly that.

I think the new group just 'borrows it' before they are allowed to have them.
By BatDan
Alphagaia wrote: September 19th, 2019, 11:56 am I just realised.

Jason Reitman was a kid when GB1 and GB2 were made, just like us. He grew up with it. I think he gets us the most. He knows we want: the old cast busting one more ghost before they give their toys to a new group, and I'm sure this movie will give us exactly that.

I think the new group just 'borrows it' before they are allowed to have them.
that's the idea i'm getting..Jason wants to capture what was in our heads when we were running around the living room with the Kenner Packs.

I always 'pretended' i was alongside Ray and Peter...McKenna Grace's character is "US" as kids, and she gets the chance to make her dream come true, if that's the movie we're getting, i'm open to that.
RichRyan1507, deadderek, Alphagaia and 1 others liked this
By deadderek
Dr.D wrote: September 19th, 2019, 12:45 pm Maybe wait until the movie comes out to cry about it.
How dare you? This is the internet.
Dr.D, Alphagaia, Coover5 and 4 others liked this
By Coover5
Dr.D wrote: September 19th, 2019, 12:45 pm Maybe wait until the movie comes out to cry about it.
This is what's wrong with your generation. You're procrastinators. You're waiting to complain about Ghostbusters 3 while I've already started complaining about Ghostbusters 4 which by the way left me a little underwhelmed if I'm honest.
Alphagaia, RedSpecial, Corey91 and 5 others liked this
By Alphagaia
It's not even that I mind the complaining, though premature. I get that not everybody will be on board.

It's the fact that it seems to be the same complaint recycled over and over in the spawn of a few months. Again.
By timeware
I'm keeping the faith. I like what I see so far. Did someone actually say filming wraps up next month or just for Canada? If this film ends up being like that stranger things episode it should be fine. If Paul is spotted on set then I'll start to panic.
By Sav C
groschopf wrote: September 19th, 2019, 11:33 am
RichardLess wrote: September 19th, 2019, 11:26 am🎶Put your little hands in mine...🎶
Nuts. Now I'll have Sonny and Cher rattling around my head for the rest of the day.

I don't know why my brother wasn't receptive to making this our alarm clock song...
By RichardLess
BatDan wrote: September 19th, 2019, 10:26 am
RichardLess wrote: September 19th, 2019, 2:54 am Kids as Ghostbusters is a dumb idea.

Kids as Ghostbusters is an incredibly bad idea.

Please...Jason. Don't.

Now...part of me is like "this is all from the exact same scene". But the other part of me is like "everything we've had to go on suggests this is a "Ghostbusters Jr" movie. Or whatever.

I mean..*Nuclear* Power Packs...on children.

Ok. Maybe that does sound kind of cool.

Who here wouldn't have KILLED to be that girl riding in that seat as a kid?

Kids as Ghostbusters might work?

Kids as Ghostbusters might not be a bad idea.

Please..Jason. JUST MAKE A GOOD MOVIE.
you sound conflicted, Rich. so am i..so am i..
Nah I was just having a laugh, as the British say. (Right? They do say that?)

I'm fully on board and trust Jason Reitman. I don't care if he gives me Baby Ghostbusters. I mean, Stranger Things is pretty darn good and revolves around kids and supernatural hijinx.

I love E.T, Stranger Things, Monster Squad(why is that movie not given more love?) and Goonies. And I love ghostbusters. So it's all good with me.

I'm getting what I wanted: a continuation of Ghostbusters 1 & 2. The kid thing truly doesn't bother me. At all.

If Jason captures just a small fraction of the amazing tone of that teaser trailer? We are good. We. Are. Good.

Anyone fretting about the kid thing, go watch that Teaser Trailer again. Then watch one of the movie I mentioned.
By robbritton
timeware wrote: September 20th, 2019, 1:33 am They just uploaded it to Hulu. Corey Feldman was in it. Its not bad. Been years since I've seen it.
While we’re referring to the slang of my home country: Mate, Corey Feldman was not in the Monster Squad! Have a word with yourself!
By RichardLess
timeware wrote: September 20th, 2019, 1:33 am They just uploaded it to Hulu. Corey Feldman was in it. Its not bad. Been years since I've seen it.
You are thinking of The Goonies. Or maybe Lost Boys.

To be fair, Monster Squad is pretty much a rip off on The Goonies. The same actress even plays the mom in both films(she also happens in to be in Ghostbusters 2!)

Though I've always preferred Monster Squad to the Goonies.
By Corey91
Imagine if this was the first movie and the pics that leaked were of the Fort scene.
Exactly! Or if it was GBII and it was the kids birthday party scene where they dance to the theme song! It fits in the movie perfectly with context but as a set picture people would lose their shit! haha
groschopf liked this

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]