Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By deadderek
Also we should keep in mind everything so far indicates the majority of the story will revolve around the announced cast members and is likely to be mostly focused on them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I absolutely think everything happening in Canada could be a distraction for more covert filming elsewhere.
Coover5, Wafflerobot liked this
By mrmichaelt
deadderek wrote: September 6th, 2019, 3:57 pm I've said it before and I'll say it again. I absolutely think everything happening in Canada could be a distraction for more covert filming elsewhere.
Yeah, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that some second unit filming was done elsewhere like in LA.
By ShiftyHenry
mrmichaelt wrote: September 6th, 2019, 4:39 pm
deadderek wrote: September 6th, 2019, 3:57 pm I've said it before and I'll say it again. I absolutely think everything happening in Canada could be a distraction for more covert filming elsewhere.
Yeah, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that some second unit filming was done elsewhere like in LA.

With no cast on set (most of the time it seems) and stunt doubles being seen primarily....this has all probably been second unit stuff. Was Jason on set beyond those first couple days? It’s weird that we’ve seen no real cast photo leaks for quite some time.
Last edited by Kingpin on September 7th, 2019, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
By mrmichaelt
ShiftyHenry wrote:With no cast on set (most of the time it seems) and stunt doubles being seen primarily....this has all probably been second unit stuff. Was Jason on set beyond those first couple days? It’s weird that we’ve seen no real cast photo leaks for quite some time.
We've seen reports here and there of interior filming that the public has no access to. This is likely what Reitman is filming with the new cast (Coon, Mckenna, Wolfhard, Rudd, etc.) but he's also been seen at several of the exterior filming like at Crossfield I thought.
By groschopf
New Insta post from Jason Reitman:

"Leaving set last night and caught a glimpse of this beauty. What a reminder of how lucky I am to get behind the wheel for this brief moment. So many talented people are working at the top of their game to get this old Caddy running. #GB20"

source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2Hix1JJ54b/
Davideverona, RichRyan1507, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
By RichRyan1507
I was just listening to the soundtrack podcast about the original score and soundtrack to the 84 film and something dawned on me.

Wouldn't it be neat if they used some of the Bernstein score that was cut for the pop tunes in the 84 film for this one? Specifically the big bombastic piece that was replaced by the Mick Smiley tune after the containment unit blew.
Sav C liked this
By tylergfoster
RichRyan1507 wrote: September 7th, 2019, 12:09 pm I was just listening to the soundtrack podcast about the original score and soundtrack to the 84 film and something dawned on me.

Wouldn't it be neat if they used some of the Bernstein score that was cut for the pop tunes in the 84 film for this one? Specifically the big bombastic piece that was replaced by the Mick Smiley tune after the containment unit blew.
I have the same hesitation about this as I did with the game: while it really does gin up that Ghostbusters atmosphere in a hurry, Bernstein wrote the score to go with very specific scenes and actions, and dropping those cues in elsewhere is not necessarily going to work like he intended it (although I suppose at least they wouldn't loop like they do in the game). I'd rather hear the 2020 composer incorporate Bernstein's riffs into a new score.
robbritton liked this
By Alphagaia
The problem with the audio in the videogame was they reused a few tracks A LOT. It became repetitive. I'm sure they can use a few bits of the old score as long as it doesn't overstay it's welcome.

Game and movie are two entirely different beasts ofcourse. One takes multiple hours to complete and you might have to repeat bits, while the movie trucks on untill it's done.
deadderek liked this
By mrmichaelt
Alphagaia wrote:The problem with the audio in the videogame was they reused a few tracks A LOT. It became repetitive. I'm sure they can use a few bits of the old score as long as it doesn't overstay it's welcome.

Game and movie are two entirely different beasts ofcourse. One takes multiple hours to complete and you might have to repeat bits, while the movie trucks on untill it's done.
That's only true if you're terrible at video games. :P
By Alphagaia
mrmichaelt wrote: September 8th, 2019, 3:03 am
Alphagaia wrote:The problem with the audio in the videogame was they reused a few tracks A LOT. It became repetitive. I'm sure they can use a few bits of the old score as long as it doesn't overstay it's welcome.

That's only true if you're terrible at video games. :P
There is always someone claiming he found all the secrets and did the whole game in one setting, nailing that awfully stone angel bit in one go. ;-)
timeware liked this
By timeware
I'm an obsessive gamer and still haven't completed all the achievement's for the x box version. Not saying it's impossible but someone claiming to get all achievement's in in a single play through smells like digested taco Tuesday.
By BRD 527
timeware wrote:I'm an obsessive gamer and still haven't completed all the achievement's for the x box version. Not saying it's impossible but someone claiming to get all achievement's in in a single play through smells like digested taco Tuesday.
It is impossible, you cant both the high / low property damage ($3mil vs $100k) achievements in one play thru :sigh:
timeware liked this
By mrmichaelt
Huhn. Thought there would be posts about the reshoot. Was it a closed shoot?
Alphagaia wrote: September 8th, 2019, 5:58 am There is always someone claiming he found all the secrets and did the whole game in one setting, nailing that awfully stone angel bit in one go. ;-)
lol, that's blasphemy! ;) I came out of a 6 year retirement from games and played through Ghostbusters: The Video Game in one day and like the movies continued to enjoy it in multiple viewings, a second time to get all the artifacts, scans, and equipment bonuses, a third to get more of the achievements, a fourth to transcribe the whole game, and every so often play through just to blow off some steam. Come to think of it, I don't think I've got all the achievements yet but no skin off my back. It never loses its luster. But I can imagine if you get lost in the library or Shandor Island level and start going in circles, the soundtrack could get annoying.
timeware, robbritton liked this
By RichardLess
droidguy1119 wrote: September 7th, 2019, 5:10 pm
RichRyan1507 wrote: September 7th, 2019, 12:09 pm I was just listening to the soundtrack podcast about the original score and soundtrack to the 84 film and something dawned on me.

I have the same hesitation about this as I did with the game: while it really does gin up that Ghostbusters atmosphere in a hurry, Bernstein wrote the score to go with very specific scenes and actions, and dropping those cues in elsewhere is not necessarily going to work like he intended it (although I suppose at least they wouldn't loop like they do in the game). I'd rather hear the 2020 composer incorporate Bernstein's riffs into a new score.
This.

Also, I'm of the opinion that almost every piece of music that was needle dropped was an improvement for what Elmer wrote. My god, I can't imagine how the movie would be viewed if that Funky disco theme would've been used instead of the Bus Boys.

See. That's why I always say Ivan Reitman doesn't get enough credit for making Ghostbusters what it is. I mean...I've read the script. And it reads ok enough. But every choice Reitman made was the right call. Every scene he cut or changed, every music cue added...it all IMPROVED the film. Can you imagine if the film had ended with the two bums like in the script? Sure it is kind of funny on paper..but just wouldn't work in the film. Then we have how the proton packs were originally conceived with the Swat team helmets & wands that appear out of their sleeves. Ghostbusters works so well because Ivan Reitman made all the rights calls. Fort Determing would've sucked a lot of energy out of the film, the BUM scenes with Dan & Bill would've hurt the film by being actually unfunny & cringey. Again, every call he made was right. That may seem like a small thing but when you read the script, and see certain designs, you realize how different this could've gone. Had someone likes John Landis directed Ghostbusters? I just don't think it would be anywhere near the classic it is. Ivan added major verisimilitude to the movie.
By Coover5
RichardLess wrote: September 9th, 2019, 12:16 am I mean...I've read the script. And it reads ok enough.
As a kid reading the novelization, the script and the storybook version I felt ashamed I didn't enjoy them as much as the movie. I felt like I was an inferior fan for not "getting" those versions. But it was all about Ivan's magic touch. I hope Jason has that same touch with GB3.
By RichardLess
Coover5 wrote: September 9th, 2019, 12:31 am
RichardLess wrote: September 9th, 2019, 12:16 am I mean...I've read the script. And it reads ok enough.
As a kid reading the novelization, the script and the storybook version I felt ashamed I didn't enjoy them as much as the movie. I felt like I was an inferior fan for not "getting" those versions. But it was all about Ivan's magic touch. I hope Jason has that same touch with GB3.
Not to mention the major intestinal fortitude it took to go with Mr. Stay Puft as the film's comedy denouement. I know Ivan was worried it wouldn't work & tried to think of alternatives but still. That's something that again could've gone sooo wrong. But the visual effects guys at BOSS just effin nailed it.

I still laugh at that adorable massive mashmellow man happily jaunting down Central Park West, not a care in the world, while thousands of people scream and scramble to safety. And then he spots the Ghostbusters and that goofy grin turns menacing. I've thought about doing a breakdown video of why this scene works so well and how well it's edited. I mean..how beautiful is Dan Aykroyd's matter of fact delivery of "It's the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man"? it's just...*muah*(chefs kiss) beautiful. Perfect.
We get a couple of side view glimpses of something big moving thru the buildings, terrific build up, "what could it be?" The audience is thinking. "What is that?" Our minds reel. The 3/4 of the GB's are just as clueless until Ray says his line and...BAM. We get out first full on view of Mr. Stay Puft in all his glory. And it's glorious. That shot, infact 99.9% of all Mr. Stay Puft shots, hold up so freaking well.

My god. I could talk about Ghostbusters and it's technical brilliance, on a comedic level and filmic level all friggin day. It's that perfect marriage of epic scope and comedy that isn't suppose to work, but it does.
robbritton, Kingpin, JWils23 and 1 others liked this
By Coover5
Hasbro/Kenner made so many movies based on their toys. Transformers. G.I. Joe. My Little Pony. Clue. Battleship.

Obviously this is their Kenner Ecto movie. That's why it has the chair now.
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]