Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
groschopf wrote: June 12th, 2020, 6:27 am

Well, then by all means... Ask Jeeves, and Bing -- you'll get an answer. Yahoo!.
... I'll show myself out.

Bring us some news before I pun again.
I know a lot of folks don't Lycos when we go off topic, but these jokes are funny!

Does anyone think that they may just end up releasing Afterlife online? There hasn't been enough advertising to release it online on its original release date, but perhaps towards the end of August? I know movies like The King of Staten Island have skipped theatrical release altogether (fingers crossed that doesn't happen to Afterlife), so I'm sure the folks at Columbia Pictures are considering it.
groschopf liked this
They made a lot of deals with theater vendors already, if they backed out in favor of online distribution then Sony would be exiled like Universal Pictures.
Sav C liked this
I just want something to be released on time! Wonder Woman 84 just got pushed again to October. 007 all the way to November and Afterlife to March. RGB figures are shipping sporadically, Ghostbusters Day is pushed back, GB trailer coming maybe? We don’t know.

As someone who is staying home to avoid the virus it’s so frustrating the rest of the US is seemingly just giving up on controlling the virus while it delays everything. With the virus cases going up fast again it makes it even longer before I can go back to work.

It’s this weird feeling of I don’t want to get sick and die without seeing these movies, especially GB. I feel sad for all the people who have already died from COVID who wanted to experience the movie.

First world problems I suppose. There are of course more important things, but all of us around the wold have waited 30 years for Afterlife. The virus is between me and this film, and I can’t zap it with a Proton Pack. Ugh

Anybody else feel similarly?
groschopf, seekandannoy liked this
Anyone wanna speculate on a villain for Afterlife or were we all just assuming it's Gozer returning?
mrmichaelt wrote: June 14th, 2020, 5:18 am It would have been interesting if they used local myth like that of the Chocktaw Nation, such as Hoklonote or Impa Shilup the Soul Eater.

But uh, probably will just be Gozer trying to reform its Stay Puft Marshmallow Man destructor form.
I'd be totally down to see that. If you do your history, Oklahoma has always been a place of racial strife (Trail of Tears, Black Wall Street). I mean it was originally called Indian Territory. I always thought it would be have been a good subplot that Summerville was built on Indian land that the Gozerians pushed out (or disappeared) in order to capitalize on its supernatural qualities. Then the family and the remaining GBs would have to harness spectral energy to combat whomever they're dealing with, most likely Gozer. It'd be the perfect circle back to the western vibe of their first battle with Gozer.
mrmichaelt liked this
Davideverona wrote:I think it will be Gozer/Shandor related but not Gozer himself.
Someone that will use old tricks (Terror Dog, Stay Puft) to make them think they know who they are dealing with only to destabilise them all by revealing his true power.

Yeah I am getting the same feeling. Considering a "Mini Puft" or "Mini Pufts" will be making an appearance in this movie, and if Gozer is in Mini Puft form I'd imagine it would be hard for him to be the big bad. Ghostbusters The Video Game was one hell of a love letter to fans when it came out in 2009. We may have had some old enemies show up, but in the end they were not the main threat. I am expecting the the same kind of treatment in this film. I don't think it is going take story beats from the game or be the game in film form. I am expecting to see some old friends like, Slimer and the Terror Dogs, but I do think there is going to be a neat little twist on who the big bad will wind up being.

If the kids only had to deal with a few Mini Pufts a Hungry Ghost and a Terror Dog. They'd probably have it covered. My money is on someone in Summerville is tapping into the Supernatural Energy in that town and becoming a larger threat to the world. Who or What that individual is is another matter. Could be a descendent of a Gozarian Cult Member or it could be another decendent of Shandor himself. Ivo could have sewn a few wild oats in his younger years. Since the remaining OGBs will be showing up along with Dana and Janine I'd say that there has to be a real solid reason for them to be there. I don't think it is just for a 10 second glorified cameo. I think that there is a threat so bad that it will take all the remaining original Ghostbusters, The New Crew, and quite possibly the spirit of a lost Team Member to stop it.

Finn said it himself afew months ago that as awesome as the first theatrical trailer was it didn't show the big stuff, so we haven't really got to the meat of the story yet. I can't imagine being anymore excited for this movie than I already am, but when the next trailer hits it will probably blow me away like the 2 previous ones. :):):)
mrmichaelt liked this
Confirmed -- those are packed in with the July 2020 issue of It GiRL Magazine.

source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBHjuSwAk3z/

You can kinda of sort of see the stamps in this unpackaging video at the 1:40 mark:

I haven't watched the whole video, so if they talk about other Ghostbusters content, I would not know about it. Any Australians with kids might be able to intercept these.
Last edited by Kingpin on June 15th, 2020, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
Corey91 liked this
Corey91 wrote: June 14th, 2020, 1:10 pm Speaking of the mini stay pufts... i'm surprised no one has posted this from reddit yet. Unless it's old and i've missed it, then please delete!!

I can tell the top right is the Muncher ghost and obviously the logo to the left. Can anyone make out what the bottom two are?

Top right isn't Muncher, but Mini Pufts as well.
Davideverona liked this
deadderek wrote: June 14th, 2020, 12:38 am Anyone wanna speculate on a villain for Afterlife or were we all just assuming it's Gozer returning?
It would be interesting if Summerville has the infrastructure needed to bring back Gozer, but its been long abandoned (or maybe modified by some Janosz type character) and ends up bringing back some other evil figure.
The link for anyone who needs it!

Can't wait until it's live!

Last edited by Kingpin on June 15th, 2020, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
Alphagaia, mrmichaelt, Davideverona and 1 others liked this
timeware wrote: June 15th, 2020, 2:40 am You know...I can only imagine the horrified looks on parents faces as an army of middle aged men rush into a store for it girl magazine.
You can easily remedy this by giving a random kid some money and ask them to perform a special service for you by saying 'I want It Girl.'

What can go wrong?
Last edited by Alphagaia on June 15th, 2020, 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
groschopf, deadderek liked this
Sav C wrote: June 14th, 2020, 11:37 pm It would be interesting if Summerville has the infrastructure needed to bring back Gozer, but its been long abandoned (or maybe modified by some Janosz type character) and ends up bringing back some other evil figure.
Agreed! I was also thinking it kind of like an mouse hole in the door. The cult's abandoned their device but it's left in motion, disrepair sets in and threatens to cause a permanent dimensional breach that would allow things potentially worse than Gozer to cross over.
Last edited by mrmichaelt on June 15th, 2020, 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrmichaelt wrote: June 15th, 2020, 4:41 am
Sav C wrote: June 14th, 2020, 11:37 pm It would be interesting if Summerville has the infrastructure needed to bring back Gozer, but its been long abandoned (or maybe modified by some Janosz type character) and ends up bringing back some other evil figure.
Agreed! I was also thinking it kind of like an mouse hole in the door. The cult's abandoned their device but it's was left in motion, disrepair sets in and threatens to cause a permanent dimensional breach that would allow things potentially worse than Gozer to cross over.
I really like this theory.

It allows the writers to bring back the basic lore (it will appease the old fans and brings up to date the new generations) and use the basic lore to build something entirely new and respectful of what came before.
mrmichaelt, Sav C liked this
timeware wrote: June 15th, 2020, 2:40 am You know...I can only imagine the horrified looks on parents faces as an army of middle aged men rush into a store for it girl magazine.
Eh how many teenagers still buy magazines anymore? I am sure the publisher and store owners are happy to sell them to middle aged men.
Last edited by Bison256 on June 15th, 2020, 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bison256 wrote: June 15th, 2020, 7:18 am
Eh how many teenagers still buy magazines anymore? I am sure the publisher and store owners are happy to sell them to middle aged men.
I bought Mad Magazine right up until it was pulled from the newsstands. Of course, this also resulted in horrified looks on adults' faces, but for different reasons. Potrzebie.

Nowadays the only print magazine I read is The New Yorker.

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

Is anybody making Slime Blowers that would fit the[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]